The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ferrari Owner runs over cop's foot

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
[video=youtube_share;3lKwkn6JT74]http://youtu.be/3lKwkn6JT74[/video]

What's your opinion? I think this dude is an idiot for trying to drive away while getting a ticket. I mean you drive a freaking Ferrari, you can afford 1000 tickets. He's charged with a couple felonies now and will have to deal a lots of legal crap... How not using logic can cost you a lot within a few seconds...

His girlfriend doesn't even seem to be worried about his situation at the end of the video as she gets in the car to drive away. Kind of odd.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
This video has gotten all over quick, my friend was the one who took it actually. I guess there was some issue with the valet too. But they are both dumb imo. The guy shouldn't have drove off but if the cop saw the guy trying to drive away, what makes you want to put your foot in the way he did? Get in front of the car at least.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Not a smart move. It was obvious he was getting a ticket. I would rather pay the parking fee than become a Felon(lose gun rights, pay legal fees) by assaulting a police officer. Even if you don't get convicted, the court system is a huge headache and its expensive.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
That is FREAKING GREAT!

I love when they police officer pulls him out of the car.

Anyone else disappointed there was no tazzing and no kicking when he was down lol

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
After watching the video a second time I don't see how he ran over his foot. First he calmly says "run over my foot". Then he screams "your running over my F***N foot" But throughout that period of time it looks to me like the car doesn't budge. Does anybody else see that?

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
In my opinion, it doesn't appear to me that the driver ran over his foot.

What is CLEAR to me is that the Police officer wanted to ensure that he was able to exert his power and authority over the driver, who showed blatant disrespect for said authority by not acknowledging the officer, starting his (super expensive) car and expressing his attempt to completely drive off, 100% dismissing the officer altogether. This is clear to me by the way the officer CLEARLY positioned himself in the front end of the car, as well as lifting his foot and placing it close to the wheel, purposely indeed, because there is NO way he thought his foot could stop the car from driving off if the driver truly wanted to drive away...

As the driver starts the car, revs the engine, and shows the officer that he intends to leave despite the situation at hand this clearly ENRAGES the officer. The officer's ego, authority, and macho man "I'm the LAW" you better be scared of me and do what I say persona is being tested and PUNK'd (in front of EVERYONE)... He bangs on the window of the car, snatches the driver out, and with the assistance of a second officer, (violently) pulls him to the ground- by grabbing his legs, lifting him so that he has no choice but to fall down to the ground. Cleary to embarrass the driver.... I do not believe that the officer was in any danger--- if he was, he put himself in danger by (purposely) moving in CLOSER to the car. Any "regular" or "normal" person's reflexes would AUTOMATICALLY step back, get out the way, whatever...

I guess this is the usual and typical way that officers handle "criminals"??? Is it a crime to drive away while an officer is in the process of ticketing you? I am not sure if it is a LEGAL crime, or not... I don't think the driver responded properly- only because the officer was so close to the car, and the space between the officer, the car and other traffic was so tight... The driver clearly had an ego too though.

I LOVE that the driver remained LAYING on the ground where the officers pushed him down to and I LOVE even more that this whole scene is CLEARLY caught on tape with a video recorder that is of a really good quality.

I see the officers FAKE foot limp too- he had to play it off, since he claimed his foot was rolled over--- the wheel may have TOUCHED his foot- but it in NO way rolled over it....

I hope that the driver successfully sues this police officer for police abuse... Whatever happened to "Please step out of the car"???

I think the driver was 100% wrong for trying to drive away. I think the officer was 100% wrong for banging on the car window, opening the door, and snatching the driver out...

I don't know what is considered proper with law enforcement. I know they are governed by very specific procedural rules and regulations...I am very interested to know how this is going to turn out.

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I think the cop was faking it. Either way thats a sick a$$ Ferrari

Honestly, after thinking about it a little bit, I have to say the officer was faking it. Why? Because if someone REALLY runs over your foot then that means the car has to be backed up to get it off your foot. The car never backed up. And plus he limping afterwards but it appears that he wasn't limping when he pulled out of the automobile. IMHO

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
@SoCal EXACTLY!!! He realized he EFF'd up, and of course he then had to play the scene out... If his foot had been ran over by a car if would have been in so much pain- his toes would probably be broken...Or maybe Police officer's wear steeled toe shoes?! That officer is BUSTED!!!! Arrest him!

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Is that a 458? Love the lines on that car.

The guy and the girl both acted like they felt above the law. Maybe the'll learn that they aren't. I have had my foot run over and it doesn't even hurt. I didn't limp afterwards. Even if the cop was faking that he was run over, I'm sure they could prove he assaulted the officer by nudging his leg when he stood in front of the car. Both the driver and the officer need to get their ego checked.

socaldude

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Is that a 458? Love the lines on that car.

I know right? Thats pretty much all I was thinking about the whole video: "damn thats a sexy a$$ car".

I always considered myself a Lambo guy, but after this I might reconsider lol.

D

DeletedUser397

I just googled this and it appears the driver guy is Julian Chabbot, and he develops iPhone apps apparently - he's founded one that's called "LineSnob"

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
An article I read states:

Chabbott was illegally parked and the Spider had no registration or inspection stickers displayed. The car also lacked a front license plate. He was charged with assault, vehicular assault, obstructing governmental administration and disorderly conduct.

The article also says that Chabbott is dating Stephanie Pratt (Spencer Pratt's sister) Spencer Pratt is married to Heidi Montag- a reality star from MTV's The Hills...

So much for me hoping he sues the police...

AgonI

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jul 9, 2012
Saint Louis
Just because you own a ferrari doesn't mean that you can own someone else's life too. A cop is a cop and whether you are a billionaire or a homeless person you MUST respect them because they are the law. If not, this is what happens. Whether the cop was faking it or not, that's not important at all imo.

The driver was obviously showing off, kind of trying to say to the policeman that I don't give a crap about you. I love the cop's response :)

2KidsinUT

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 2, 2012
Utah
Here's how Damrys7 described the incident:

=======

As soon as I started recording the owner of the car appeared and got in it. He slowly started moving since he refused to accept the ticket (the car was parked in a hotels valet zone and the hotel valet had the keys, I myself don't understand why the cop was giving him the ticket, it was approved by the hotel that the car was parked there.)

=======

The fact that no registration or inspection stickers were displayed or the car lacked a front license plate is irrelevant if the car was legally parked at the time, which it may very well have been. It's also obvious that the car was legal, because they allowed his girl-friend to drive off in it.

If the cop was abusing any power while writing the ticket, then the driver had no duty whatsoever to pay that cop any mind. That is something that should be very clear to every US citizen (too bad that's not the case because lines are slowly being drawn).

Oh, and it's very clear in the video that the cop's foot wasn't ran over.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
An article I read states:

Chabbott was illegally parked and the Spider had no registration or inspection stickers displayed. The car also lacked a front license plate. He was charged with assault, vehicular assault, obstructing governmental administration and disorderly conduct.

The article also says that Chabbott is dating Stephanie Pratt (Spencer Pratt's sister) Spencer Pratt is married to Heidi Montag- a reality star from MTV's The Hills...

So much for me hoping he sues the police...

lol I LOVE all the charges!

BTW Montage and her bo Prat are bankrupt seriously just saw that yesterday. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy ;)

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Two Arrogant Pricks meet on the street..

The one with the gun and the friends with the guns, won. Simple as that.

They are both egotistical Assholes.

I wonder if the taxpayers are going to have to pay the 30k to fix the scratches, plus the depreciation the prick is going to claim on the car.

Ryko

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 19, 2012
Croatia
How sad it is to be a cop...what kind of life is that...sheesh...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.