The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Factories destroyed in Shenzhen landslide

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Not sure if this is something that should be a thread, but there has been a deadly landslide in north west Shenzhen industrial area. At least 20 people missing, and 18 buildings buried. I was in this area only a week ago.. Of course this may have an affect on anyone importing goods manufactured in Shenzhen but let's hope they rescue as many as possible. Apparently one of the buildings affected was a workers dormitory.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/...ide-search-survivors-after-buildings-collapse

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ThinkDifferent

Banned
Read Fastlane!
Oct 1, 2015
Amsterdam
Not sure if this is something that should be a thread, but there has been a deadly landslide in north west Shenzhen industrial area. At least 20 people missing, and 18 buildings buried. I was in this area only a week ago.. Of course this may have an affect on anyone importing goods manufactured in Shenzhen but let's hope they rescue as many as possible. Apparently one of the buildings affected was a workers dormitory.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/...ide-search-survivors-after-buildings-collapse

Yeah man so sick

I love the Shenzhen people, they are so beautiful and have the best food in the world. And the girls are like a gods gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

The location was Shenzhen's Liuxi Industrial Park so I suggest that all who are buying from suppliers in Shenzhen should check their supplier's address. If it is in that area, email or phone to ascertain of they are affected.

The loss of a major gas pipeline could also affect many businesses not directly affected by the landslide, so it is probably worth checking if you have any suppliers in Shenzhen.

The sad human cost is enormous, but if you have a living to make you also need to take into account any possible financial cost to you. If your suppliers respond saying they will be out of production for a while it might be best to make contingency plans to order elsewhere if necessary. First give your supplier the opportunity to sub contract the work, but be prepared for quality differences.

If they don't respond within 48 hours you can probably assume that your order will not be filled.

Some readers might like to see the list of 2016 Chinese holidays that I will post in my AMA as soon as I finish this post.

Walter

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
nah this should definitely be a thread. I love Shenzhen, it's an awesome place.

Good thing some people have been rescued though. I'll keep the people in my prayers.

Vincent_Vega

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Dec 1, 2015
What a tragedy. Just checked with my supplier, they're fine. But it's really sad when stuff like that happens and I also pray for the people there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.