The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Excited for this forum. Noobie question.

G

Gray0920

I read forums everyday, i educate myself everyday. The dream: to be self employed and be in charge of

my own success to obtain freedom. I want to earn income either strictly online, or starting a business

locally and building it. Im broke, No connections. Either of those dont mean anything obviously, just

letting you know so you can give me better advice. I dont see the point in starting a business locally, why have a market that local when you can make a business online and have it be global? I havent started

anything yet, why? I dont know what business to start yet. I have to learn wordpress, wouldnt take very long. also I think, theres thousands of people all over who literally get together and do nothing but work

online with eacthother trying to make millions, every waking hour, for the most part alls they do is fail. If they fail with that amount of work put into it, how can i succeed when I dont know anything yet or have

that available time to put in. I dont have any mentors or people I can talk to about this, this forum is it basically. I apologize for the annoying noobie questions, but i dont have a choice. Laziness is not an

issue, motivation and consistency isnt an issue. My issue is confusion on what exactly makes you money.
Start building value with a product yeah of course, then what? What should I start with? Iv looked

into affiliate marketing, but 99% of them dont make anything right? So whats the point of trying that?
Make a quality product, put it online, work on getting traffic. Sounds way too simple. I have so many

other questions...but any advice would be great for me to start with. If someone wants to PM me on a consistent basis to bounce ideas off from and help each other, pm me. Also, any forum, theres the wanna

be's. The people who come here and post comments on how to do stuff when they dont actually make any money online. They just "know" a lot when obviously they dont know anything. I'm looking for people

who actually make money online by themselves. Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest428

I haven't been here very long, so I don't fit into the category of making money online quite yet. However you are in the right place to at least start gaining more education on pursuing wealth.

What are you interested in at least creating a business around? You at least have to have some passion about a particular subject or you will have no gusto to get started.

I don't think affiliate marketing programs are all bad, provided you have the right outlet to market these types of products. I've thought about even marketing the "Millionaire Fastlane " to get started online as I do believe that it is a resource everyone needs and could answer a lot of issues that come up for people around the world.

You have to start somewhere my friend, post some ideas that you've thought about.

G

Gray0920

im passionate about self development. so make a self improvement blog? theres tons of them, i dont understand how i could stand out among the dozens of blogs that already exist, i dont see how that would generate income. i dont have any products or anything to sell. if i did, i dont understand how to start a business, even if it was offline. how would you start? lets say i want to sell pens...i make my own pens and i want to sell them, how do you even start. no money and no connections. what do you do.

G

Guest428

Like I said man, like you I am new to the forum and don't have a ton of grounding yet myself.

All I am saying is that at least start going over some of the topics that you are interested in to create money. For example, I am interested in survival skills and know that there is a huge market out there for that. So I've done some research to figure out if this is a worthwhile topic to get involved in whether that is through selling product online, writing an e-book or putting up a blog.

Have you gone through these forums and tracked some of the more well-known individuals? I am pretty sure there are more than a few ideas to look into for a business.

So again, what are you interested in doing? What have YOU come across so far that seems like a viable business to get started in, as you have to start somewhere.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The people who come here and post comments on how to do stuff when they dont actually make any money online.

orly-42517.jpg

frieden70

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Nov 24, 2012
This is painful to read man...

Browse the forums and figure out what you want to do. None of us are going to give you the answer, that can only come from you.

G

Gray0920

I have a job obviously, im not homeless....lol

Alls I'm saying is, everybody wants to start a business and make money, everybody.

NO ONE DOES IT, OR THEY DO IT FAIL AND QUIT.

If i knew what to do, i wouldnt quit and i would work on it forever.

On this forum, I dont know who to listen to and who not to listen to.

I want to start making money online, period. I don't care how much work it takes, But I need a direction to go in. I dont understand how to actually earn money online and the best way to do it.

I don't have a product, I can't make a product. Im not going to start calling VC's everyday for them to invest millions in me even if I had a product I wanted to make. I want to work from the ground up.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I have a job obviously, im not homeless....lol

Alls I'm saying is, everybody wants to start a business and make money, everybody.

If i knew what to do, i wouldnt quit and i would work on it forever.

On this forum, I dont know who to listen to and who not to listen to.

I want to start making money online, period. I don't care how much work it takes, But I need a direction to go in. I dont understand how to actually earn money online and the best way to do it.

I don't have a product, I can't make a product. Im not going to start calling VC's everyday for them to invest millions in me even if I had a product I wanted to make. I want to work from the ground up.

Lurk around a for a while, read the book, and then start posting here :) Everything you need is here, welcome to the goldmine

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
I would argue with that. I personally know a few people who don't want to start their own business. They just prefer to have a comfortable job. By the way, maybe some day they will work for me or you. Win-Win.

Hm, is that a fact?

I can't make a product.
I would never ever say something like that. Why not? What or who can stop you?

Man, stop bitching. Read The Millonaire Fastlane book, take notes and reflect. Read some threads started by the best contributors in this forum (look at "Rep Bank" and Speed), take notes and reflect. PM me and I will send you a few valuable links.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Seriously man, you need to rewire your brain before you do anything. I see and hear just one excuse after another. I'm convinced you'll never succeed at business. Why? Because you're convinced.

Stick to the job and start to educate yourself. Read a few books about business and entrepreneurship. What's the last book you've read? I'm going to guess nothing.

Once you gain a little background knowledge, you can dump the excuses and start asking better questions. Better questions will give you better answers.

You need to learn to walk first before you can run and unfortunately, right now you're crawling.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
What MJ said... you list all the reasons why can't move forward. That is your #1 problem.

I havent started
anything yet, why? I dont know what business to start yet. I have to learn wordpress, wouldnt take very long.

Who says you have to learn Wordpress to start a business?

Don't know what to start? Look around!
I always find it hard to grasp that concept of "not knowing what to start". I'm the opposite - I see TOO MANY business ideas, but there are simply not enough time in the world for me to pursue them all. Trust me - business opportunities are frikkin' EVERYWHERE.

Spend a few days, or heck, a week - skimming through this forum for gold threads, progress threads, etc. If after one week you still don't know what business to start - I think it's time to put it in reverse, go read some books (like zen******* suggested) and come back when you have cleared your mind.

Also, stop trying to find someone to bounce ideas off of and share pm's with. It will only lead to you scratching your head even more on 'which idea should I pick'...

Look around your house. Look out in the real world. What problems need a solution? What markets are emerging?
Can you leverage something? Can you arbitrage one market into another?

G

Gray0920

I've been reading how to make money in businesses for years. I've read many books on business and making money online. Still don't know what to do. With no money and with no connections, how do you even start. You say theres too many business ideas out there, yeah I see that as well, too many options, well, you can easily spend your life trying options that lead you no where but bankrupt. SO how do you know which one to go with? And whats why make a business locally when you can make a business online and have it be a global market? Lets say I have a service to provide, I wouldnt know how to even start...my problems arent lack of info, its too much info.

D

DeletedUser2

spend your life trying options that lead you no where but bankrupt.

start here. going bankrupt is a badge of honor for entrepreneurs. just try not to do it more than 3 times.

If you do it once, I guarantee, you will be smarter than 10 of the other average people...

Z

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
...my problems arent lack of info, its too much info.

Really now? Yet in the same post you overlooked the fact that starting a business is a risk. Although it can be mitigated its still a risk.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
SO how do you know which one to go with?

For starters, don't try to reinvent the wheel.
You remind me of someone I know who always thinks he has to wait until "just that right idea comes along" and... "it's so hard to know what to start with". He started saying that 20 years ago. He still hasn't started...

Pick an existing business model that works. Then do it your way.
Look for business models more than just businesses themselves.

Even if you have no money - there are many people on this forum who have started just like that with near $0 cash.

Here are some business models;
Self publishing, e-commerce with dropshipping, digital products, coaching, these are all ways to start.

The longer you dwell over 'deciding and picking an idea' - the more you are just pedaling backwards.

MyDuckets

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 12, 2012
Dallas
theres too many business ideas out there, yeah I see that as well, too many options, well, you can easily spend your life trying options that lead you no where but bankrupt. SO how do you know which one to go with?

You only have to be right once. Then it doesn't matter if it was the first idea or the 20th. But yoy cant get to the 20th without going through the first 19.

From someone on the forum more well versed in entrepreneurial success than I, WHAT IF I TOLD YOU IT WAS GUARANTEED YOUR 17TH BUSINESS WOULD BE A HOME RUN? HOW FAST WOULD YOU START THE FIRST ONE TO GET TO THE 17TH?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

LuxBorne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 13, 2014
New York
You say theres too many business ideas out there, yeah I see that as well, too many options, well, you can easily spend your life trying options that lead you no where but bankrupt. SO how do you know which one to go with?
If you're asking "how do you know which one to go with"...
then you shouldn't be worrying about getting into a business right now...
it's not go fish where you choose a business and piss in the dark.

Eskil is giving you tons of advice even though you're not even past the idea phase...you should thank him.

Speedy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 10, 2012
Houston
Im sorry dude, but your problem isn't too much info. Your problem is you, dude. You want to make it but at the same time you given yourself excuse not to. Just focus to 1 idea and do it. No excuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

Gray0920

If you're asking "how do you know which one to go with"...
then you shouldn't be worrying about getting into a business right now...
it's not go fish where you choose a business and piss in the dark.

Eskil is giving you tons of advice even though you're not even past the idea phase...you should thank him.

I'm lost, when I say which idea, I mean which kind of business? What kind of business can you start with no money? It seems SaaS is the only way to go since you can pre sell and use that money to pay the developer.

Also, a person can easily keep trying different businesses and just fail theyre entire life for many reasons right? Too many types of business and too many ideas. So how do you even start when there are so many, and without any guidance from people in real life. Alls i have is this forum.

My apologies for so many questions. Id start a business tomorrow morning when I woke up if I had some idea what to even do. I read the book twice now and have read many gold posts.

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
IMHO, sounds to me like you have the will and motivation to start a business but lack the experience or cash to do so. With this attitude, the right idea can fall into your lap but you wouldn't know what to do with it, you'd fear that you won't know how, therefore you will not take the risk, discard the idea and wait for the next idea to come by only to repeat the process.

Just be rest assured that there is always a way! For example you mentioned you wanted to sell pens.

lets say i want to sell pens...i make my own pens and i want to sell them, how do you even start. no money and no connections. what do you do.

There are dozens and dozens of pen projects on kickstarter. In fact so many pen projects that somebody dedicated a website called kickstarterpens.com for pens made on kickstarter. I've backed many of them :) . Some of these projects not only reached their goals but generated hundreds of thousands of dollars per project. All it took was somebody with an idea, time, and sweat to produce a prototype and put together a crowdfunding campaign. If the project falls through you haven't lost much, but you've gained the experience, learned if there was a market for your product, and maybe retry.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
It seems SaaS is the only way to go since you can pre sell and use that money to pay the developer

Well if only it was that easy... But you could certainly mock up the application, get the sales website built market it and try to get some leads and interested people. Then look for raising some capital from friends, family or whover to get it built. Sounds hard? Yep it is.

G

Gray0920

IMHO, sounds to me like you have the will and motivation to start a business but lack the experience or cash to do so. With this attitude, the right idea can fall into your lap but you wouldn't know what to do with it, you'd fear that you won't know how, therefore you will not take the risk, discard the idea and wait for the next idea to come by only to repeat the process.

Just be rest assured that there is always a way! For example you mentioned you wanted to sell pens.

There are dozens and dozens of pen projects on kickstarter. In fact so many pen projects that somebody dedicated a website called kickstarterpens.com for pens made on kickstarter. I've backed many of them :) . Some of these projects not only reached their goals but generated hundreds of thousands of dollars per project. All it took was somebody with an idea, time, and sweat to produce a prototype and put together a crowdfunding campaign. If the project falls through you haven't lost much, but you've gained the experience, learned if there was a market for your product, and maybe retry.

You're right, I have ideas every day, but I could have the best idea and not know exactly what to do with it. It's the specifics that I don't understand. I'm aware of the fact I sound like I havent read the book, But I have and much more. I said SaaS businesses seem to be the only way to go because,

you dont have to hire anyone until you have the idea, then pre sell it, get paid, then hire a developer. Any other business you would have to hire right? You would have to hire salesman. And no salesman would work for you if it was commission only and not an already popular product, and without an

office. It's the specifics that I dont understand, its hard to read forums because I get questions about the specifics i read and have no one to ask them. I know theres forums answering specific questions, i get questions about the specifics.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
It's the specifics that I dont understand, its hard to read forums because I get questions about the specifics i read and have no one to ask them

Go read Lean Startup or watch the video

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...