The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneur on Fire - Interview w/MJ DeMarco

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here's an interview I did a while back w/John Dumas of Entrepreneur on Fire.
It can be listened (audio) or read (transcript.)

Some great nuggets of wisdom and information in there!

Enjoy!

MJ DeMarco of The Millionaire Fastlane - EntrepreneurOnFire Business Podcasts

On that note, MJ, what is the best business advice that you’ve ever received?

MJ DeMarco: It’s a quote actually from Steve Martin. “Be so good that you can’t be ignored.†What that means is if you’re good enough at what you do, you provide value and you’re solving people’s problems, the market will not be able to ignore you. This has a close resemblance to something that I call a “push-pull theory of success,†is many people push for success and they wait for permission for someone to say yes to their goals or their dreams or whatever. A great example is when I published my book. Had I submitted my book to publishers, literary agents, and said, “I want to publish this. Will you take it on?†I would have got declined and they would have said, “Why should we? You’re a virtual nobody, you’ve never written a book before,†yah, yah, yah. So that’s the push for success.
The pull for success is just saying, “You know what? Screw it. I’m going to do it myself.†So I self-published. I created my own company, got it out there, put it out to the market to see what happens, and now all of a sudden, they’re coming at me. I’m getting publishers contacting me, “Hey, do you want to publish with us for your next book? Talk to us. See if we can do something.†That’s the pull. They come to you. The same thing happened with my Internet company. I would have never gotten Internet funding or venture capital or anything. I went out and actually created something that was tangible, and all of a sudden the VCs and the equity people, they were calling me. See, that’s the pull. Get them coming to you. Be so good that you cannot be ignored. Put whatever you’re thinking about doing, make it happen, put it out to the marketplace, and if it’s good enough, these people are these decision-making people or authoritarians, they will come to you and accelerate your process.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Excellent interview, and thanks a ton for the free insight. Working on getting myself out of my cubicle following your advice/information, but until then, back to quoting insurance :bgh:

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Ya that was great, I enjoyed listening to that. It's nice to hear the person's voice whom you respect and admire. Rather then just reading their words. Hearing has always had more impact on me. anywho, thanks for sharing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

machin576

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Sep 7, 2012
Just listened to it. Good stuff MJ. I can't wait to read the next book, but I was laughing thinking about your first book. You really left nothing on the table, it is a very complete work, so your next book is very intriguing.

Sent from my Galaxy Note ll

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
"MJ is in the process of following up his massive success with The Millionaire Fastlane with another book. I can’t wait!"

Can we get a hint!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.