The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Email Marketing Software

Marketing, social media, advertising

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
I have been looking at email marketing software for a few days and I am having a hard time making a selection. I found one even had an email collector feature. However, that was too rich for my blood.

For those that run email marketing campaigns what software do you like and are there any free email collectors etc.

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
I think MailCheat(Chimp) is free for < 2000 subscribers to your list and < 12k outgoing emails/month. It's not self-hosted though.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I use MailCheat(Chimp), which works well enough right now since I have < 1,000 subscribers and it is free.

I experimented with Aweber via a free trial when I was blogging, but didn't see the need for paying that much $$$ when I had very low subscribers.

As I grow my subscribers I will likely switch to Aweber.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
I am going to check them out. Thanks

Are there any free email collectors if that sort of thing actually works. I am currently searching for businesses to market my new product to and would be able to save a ton of time vs. manually entering emails.

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
Are there any free email collectors if that sort of thing actually works. I am currently searching for businesses to market my new product to and would be able to save a ton of time vs. manually entering emails.

You can't collect emails or manually enter them, any email you send to them would be considered spam. You have to set up a landing page and they have to double opt-in to your newsletter/email list.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
I tried all of them over the years. If you are just starting out and have no subscribers yet, go with a free one (but that doesn't put advertisements into your emails) and after you grow simply export the contacts and have your own solution.

All those claims of better delivery of the services compared to your own server are utter bunk. Having to re-confirm all your subscribers to even use any of the services is a complete turn off at least for me.

I have my own in-house solution that outperforms most if not all services out there.

Go free, then make a dedi when business picks up.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
I am actually starting a wholesale business so others advertisements are deffenitly a big no. I am thinking about doing a landing page for this item but since it is B2B I don't think I will get subscribers ( I could be wrong). I do have a website for the business.

I have been identifying companies calling offices and then sending emails manually but it has been slow and not a very good conversion (hoping the holidays is playing a part). I originally found the emailers looking for a way to schedule my emails so they could be sent at a time that I think will produce better results. I saw the adds for the email collectors and figured I might be able to massively excelerate my contact pace as well as build a list long enought to do some A/B testing etc. It would also be a way to potentiall build a list of my end users and start marketing directly to them in case I cannot land a major distrib. But alass it sounds like they are too good to be true.

Thanks for the great advise I am going to play around with making a good looking email template on MailCheat(Chimp) tonight.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.