The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E-Commerce Selling via amazon.com and .ca

Marketing, social media, advertising

Tallphil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Oct 18, 2015
Hi guys,

I'm about to launch my e-commerce business within the following months.

I needed your opinion on the following.

I'm currently situated in Canada and I'm considering selling:

-On amazon.com

-On amazon.ca

- Selling in my province via friends and family

I have 3 different products: glass bottles, powder form A and powder form B.

Plan for amazon.com-

I'm aware of the laws and regulations that I must follow to sell on amazon.com being a non-us resident.

The plan would be to have my manufacturers in China and Japan send a shipment to a fulfilment center in the US (I'm considering using Shipwire). I would have a broker sign off on the appropriate documents. Have the fulfilment center package all three SKUs into a kit and inspect them. Forward the packages to an amazon warehouse.

Plan for amazon.ca-

Same as above, using the same fulfilment company but in Canada.

What other things should I consider when selling on the different amazon platforms?

Please send me your concerns or questions.

Thank you,

Phil

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
If i were to start over from 4 weeks ago,i would focus on my own website..then all the sales from amazon i would send inserts directing people to my site.

I started with amazon and they suspended my account after 2 weeks and froze a few thousand(for 90 days). Now im working on getting the site up ,but im not longer getting that income and im missing sales because i didn't have another source that i had full control of.

"Riding in the passenger seat in the fastlane."

MotiveInMotion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 14, 2016
Independent
If i were to start over from 4 weeks ago,i would focus on my own website..then all the sales from amazon i would send inserts directing people to my site.

I started with amazon and they suspended my account after 2 weeks and froze a few thousand(for 90 days). Now im working on getting the site up ,but im not longer getting that income and im missing sales because i didn't have another source that i had full control of.

"Riding in the passenger seat in the fastlane."

So going forward, would you import to a separate warehouse independent to Amazon and have it fulfill service? Because if you did FBA to fulfill everything, your payouts would still be frozen obviously, and it takes time to build the list & marketing to your site & rank it with content etc.

Curious :)

MotiveInMotion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 14, 2016
Independent
I agree with that full control point, AKA a CENTS commandment.

But yes it does take capital. That's my strategy too though I believe if you're in E-commerce these days, it's silly to not be on Amazon, and you can at least leverage it. Whether that's cash flow or transitioning, or selling the business and starting over with more control or whatever!

Talk soon

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.