The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Deconstructing Success...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
What is the whole purpose of mentorship?
That is a great question... btw... I thought you were mentoring millionaires. "How to play poker blind. First step, bet without looking at your cards..." :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Goobii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 29, 2011
AUS
@AndrewNC - I believe that we are our worst enemy. I also believe that we can be our own best friend.

I often struggle with DOING. I know & understand the path that needs to be taken. The vision is clear. It's the pulling the trigger that gets me & I don't understand why that is!

I don't understand what I'm afraid of - because I usually face my fears head on - whether is doing a firewalk or singing/dancing 'She-Bang, She- Bang' - William hung style, wearing a tiara & a pink tank top infront of lunch goers on a busy CBD strip.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I almost cheated....
You see...my natural writing style is non-fiction, facts, like i'm talking to you. But that's not the feel I'm wanting to go for in this book.

I wanted to take the easy route many times, and the book would have already been published by now....I wanted to stick what was comfortable for me.

But that would be doing a dis-service to the reader.

The way I'm writing the book is not just teaching logical facts - it is putting all my skills I learned over the years to use to not only teach the facts, but allow them to immediately resonate at the deeper level (therefore causing an immediate change in the person who reads it).

Every time I want to 'give up' and switch to the default way, I get a reminder to keep pushing forward.

Thanks Devin for the reminder today...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I really...really...wish I listened to some advice when I reached this point of my journey in June 2014.

The funny part - I was given this advice from my mentors...but I chose not to listen.

June 2014 - Two years into my journey.
upload_2016-4-20_18-16-24.png

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
So I'm writing a section of the book where I want to distort time.

What I mean by that is that the chapters I write that span through 2 years of frustration and lessons...but to the reader, they go by as quickly as the 3 hour scene in chapter 1.

How do I give the reader the experience of time dragging out, so I can have them relate to my character in the story?

The things I never thought about while writing my first 2 books...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.