The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Deconstructing Success...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
What does it take to become successful?

Luck?

This is for anybody out there who feels stuck...lost...depressed...wanting more out of life...waiting for their lucky break...wishing they were dealt a better card...wondering what it takes to become successful...has dreams of a better tomorrow..

Or anybody who simple wants to change their life for the better.

Is change possible? That's why I've set out to discover.

Lesson 1 - You have to start somewhere.

Where does the journey to write a best selling book, touching over a million people's lives begin?

With a blank notebook from Walmart, two pens...and packing up my entire life into a Honda CR-V for a change in environment.

Goodbye Scottsdale, Hello Seattle for the next 3 months of my life.

Why the change in environment to write this book?

You'll find out soon enough...

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_0100.JPG IMG_0103.JPG

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
When I studied NLP last year, we have a concept called "modeling". Under this practice, you deconstruct the Environment, Actions, Skills, Meta Programs, Beliefs, and Values of the person in the shoes that you want to be like (best selling author, athlete, actor, singer, entrepreneur, etc.).

You model the areas that apply to their success (such as learning how to swing a golf club like Tiger.) And you leave out the areas that are not directly related to their success (insert marriage joke here).

When you have the same thoughts, mindset, skills, and actions of that person, you will get the same results of them (Cause & Effect success)

What do best selling authors do that makes them stand out from the rest?

Luckily we have a number of them on this board dropping hints along the way.

Here are those suggestions.

1) CREATE A FRAMEWORK EARLY FOR YOUR BOOK WHICH SERVES AS LOGIC FLOW

Frame the work against something visual, a roadmap, that the reader can follow. Perhaps a flow chart or something presented in the beginning, and as you move through it, it represents the flow and guideline for the reader.

In TMF , my framework consisted of the 3 roadmaps; Sidewalk, Slowlane, and Fastlane.

2) GIVE YOUR CONCEPTS A NAME

Label your concepts uniquely to you so that if your book becomes big, those concepts become synonymous with you. Despite my name being ripped and copied, anytime someone says "Fastlane" as it relates to entrepreneurship, they know they are talking about my concept. Likewise, when someone says "Slowlaner!" or "Sidewalker!" we all know what they are talking about.

And others that are easily accessible through the power of the internet (Tim Ferriss & Neil Strauss)...

It's funny that when I listen to the words of all three, I begin to notice patterns...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Some Common Themes:
1- Nobody cares about your story, or what you are talking about..the purpose of your writing is to make them care. Make them want to read the next sentence, the next page, the next chapter. This is for them, not for me.
2- If a word, sentence, paragraph, etc. is not necessary, delete it.
3- First draft - is for me and everything I want to write down. The second draft is for the reader. The third draft is for the critic.
4- Write it with specific people in mind, like you are talking to them.
5- Carry a notebook around with you for when ideas pop into your head, so you don't forget it (you will forget it).

The Journey To Success (framework):

Asleep/Unconscious - Most people don't realize what they are capable of, and are scared to take action because of all the limiting beliefs in their mind. They buy into the story that was told to them through socially conditioned.

They don't believe it's possible.

The Alarm Clock - They may be at rock bottom, and start their journey to search for more (through self development ,etc.). They begin to hear stories of another way of life. They begin to see what's possible, but aren't convinced that it's possible for them.

They believe it's possible, but are lost.

Waking Up - They start to see more and more people who live the kind of life they want to live, and are in the process of pushing forward (without direction) towards some goal.

Awake - They realize that it's possible of them, have achieved some level of success, and know that the world is theirs. They regain control of their life, and can choose the future they desire...and make it happen.

Energized - (name subject to change) - Higher levels of thinking...might not include this stuff in the first book because most people who read this might not be ready for this 'higher level' information.

The story flow will be of a character who hits rock bottom, dreams of something more, and then goes through the entire process of achieving success and living their dreams.

Success, regardless in any area of our life (sports, business, etc.) has a lot of parallels, and mental obstacles. All the information in this book is based on real-life stories of people who achieved success, wrapped up into a flowing story.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Loving those concepts! I was talking to someone who is pretty much at The Alarm Clock stage yesterday, but been exactly in the state of Asleep / Unconscious for some long (her description not mine). I was trying to show her the amazing journey she has in front of her if she sticks with it. Wish I'd seen this post before that conversation as you are a whole lot more articulate. I seriously can't wait to read the book and will be following this thread very closely!

In regards to the Energized stage, I'd love to read more on that level, but as you say it may well be too overwhelming for a newbie who goes through the book and is still struggling with the first stages and then decides nothing is possible (sounds extreme, but I know I've done it in the past). Personally I'd consider making it the base for a whole new book or a clever Part 2.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Personally I'd consider making it the base for a whole new book or a clever Part 2.
Thanks! Of the three people in my target market who I asked so far....they suggested to leave it to a second book. I'll see how it feels when I get to the end of the book, I may drop hints. Cliffhangers are nice. :)

Update:
Took a look at the PDF created from MJ's INSIDERS Call thread on publishing.... He suggested the following.
  • RESOURCES: Writing Tools by Roy Clark. The Book on Writing, LaRoque.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Arrived up in Seattle a couple of days ago to begin writing this book.....I have the general structure outlined, and have over 200 topics I want to talk about....I had writers block all of yesterday and couldn't seem to get the right words on paper, so today I decided to start writing anything, and keep writing until I get into flow state:

I will be posting a lot of what I write in this thread...The first topic is about how to take control of your life....

I've been on this journey for quite some time, and one of things that took me a while to realize, is that I am in full control of my future and the results I get in my life.

Once you realize that you are in control of your life, and not from the results of others, you are now empowered to make decisions with confidence that they will take you closer to your goals.

When I first started out on my journey to success, I never wanted to be wrong.

As a result of that way of thinking, I was never wrong, and nothing was my fault...yet I also wasn't getting the results that I wanted to get either.

Being from New York, when I went on job interviews in The South, I began getting frustrated that I kept getting rejected from jobs because I was from New York. Someone once told me they stereotype northerners down there, so something outside of my control was holding me back from my goals.

The pattern continued for almost a year. I had the work ethic, I had the degree (two of them to be exact), and I was completely qualified on paper...so the only thing stopping me from getting my job was outside of my control....others who stereotyped me.

That was until it wasn't what was stopping me at all.

"Could it be something other than being from New York (or insert other excuse here) that was stopping me from achieving my goals?"

"Has anyone from New York ever gotten a job in the south?"

Of course!

But when we get stuck in that mindset of things not being our fault, it seems so real. If there was a part of you that barked at what I said so far, and started pointing the finger of blame to others...that is the mindset I'm talking about that makes it seem so real.

Whether those people decide to shed their ego or not is their choice.

They would rather be right, than be successful.

Realizing that there is more out there than my narrow view on things

It finally took some waking up, and answering those questions to realize that maybe something else, within my control, was holding me back from my goals all along.

After talking to one of the recruiters, they said I was amazing on paper, but my interview skills did not show enough confidence for the job. He said if I practiced that part of things...he would invite me back for another interview.

Oh, and he also happened to be from New York. There goes the false blame I was placing around to make myself feel better.

After practicing my interview skills, I got a job within three months.

From that point forward, I realized that it is up to me, and me alone to create my future. There are not excuses or blame to be passed around to make me feel better about myself...

There is just the actions I take, and the results I get.

When I started to search for the areas of my life and actions to improve, I began realizing that I have more power to create my future than I previously thought.

What if the only thing holding you back from your goals is...yourself?

This is what worked for me.

I believe in Cause & Effect success. Everything in our life that happens to us is a result of some action (or series of actions) we took in the past.
  • You won the lotto? You took action on buying a lottery ticket.
  • You won the MVP award this year? You worked your a$$ off in the pre-season.
  • You got hit by a bus? You decided to walk across the street that day.
  • You got fired from your job? You bought into the illusion of 'working hard and being a good employee', and didn't provide enough value to the company.
  • You failed? You did something that led you to where you are now.
Only the things you DO are the cause of where you end up in life.

Every time I fail on something, or something bad occurs...I trace it back to some action I took, and learned that this action doesn't work for me, so I adjust my behavior and do something else...and get a new result.

Yes, I know we can't control the actions of other people (well we can..but I'll talk about that in a later chapter), but we can control how we respond to events.

When I put on the frame of mind that everything that happens in my life is a result of some action I took...I finally regained control of my life.

A mentor once said to me "Do you want to be right, or do you want to be rich".

Stop blaming others, stop trying to prove your self to be right...and you will be one step closer to shedding the identity of the person you no longer wish to be.

That old version of your self, who wanted to be right, wasn't getting you the results you wanted.

Shed your old mindset, and you will begin to get better results.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Do you realize that nobody else knows what the hell they are doing either?

How much easier would it be for you when you realize that nobody knows what the next step is...especially those people who you think have it all together?

Well there is one exception to that, but we'll get to that in a minute...

I began "mentoring" this girl who wants to be a fitness model. I call it mentoring, in quotes, only because she used the world mentor. In reality, I just share my experiences of what has and has not worked for me on my journey.

Nothing too profound.

Maybe she listens to my insights and avoids some of the common obstacles, maybe she doesn't and learns them herself.

Her choice. Both options will get her to hear goals. One of them is just a lot quicker.

The other day she said she couldn't wait to be where I am...where I know what actions I should take next.

She feels paralyzed because she doesn't know what steps to take next, or if her actions will lead her to success or failure.

But here's the secret...
Neither do the rest of us. You just think we do.

The people you look up to and admire, are on this same journey that you are on...and they are going through the exact same struggles.

Not knowing what to do next is a normal part of the process. Embrace the unknown and you will be successful.

There are two types of people that begin this journey.

The first kind of person doesn't know what to do, feels lost, and begins feeling like they are a special case. They are not a special case. They are going through the same struggles that every other person on this journey is going through. But in their mind...it is different...it is harder for them.

They are the ones that get caught up in their head, and are paralyzed from taking action because they feel stuck.

It's not their fault though: Most people don't talk about their failures and struggles, and only share the stories of their successes. Come on, who doesn't want to brag about what they did right in order to look good? Talking about failure doesn't impress anybody...except people who are really successful. Because they already know that failure is the key to success.

Despite living off of my internet business for the last 18 months and achieving most of the original goals I set out to achieve (passive income, travelling across the country six times, etc.)...I still have no clue what to do when it comes to reaching the next level.

I've worked alongside hundreds of other successful people....and they have no clue what the next step is either.

In fact I just got off a call with a friend of mine who makes close to a million dollars a year with his business...HE has no clue what the next step is to grow it. "The next level" is just something we figure out as we go along.

But most people don't talk about this failure or stories making them look weak publicly...so in your eyes, it might seem they have it easier than you do.

Not talking about our failures does a disservice to other people, because in their eyes, they don't have what it takes.

This right here is the first time I talked about it though...None of us know what we are doing.

Up until this point, there aren't two types of people. We all face the same failures and obstacles of not knowing what to do, or how it will turn out.

But this right here is the moment where you decide if you want to go down further on this journey to success...

You can see all the obstacles and uncertainty in front of you and run back to your old ways...and feel stuck in the life that you want to break free from.

If you are reading this far, that probably doesn't describe the person you want to be.

The secret to success lays in what happens when you face this uncertainty...You run straight forward. Not knowing where it will take you.

Let me repeat this, nobody knows where it will take take them.

The only way to make progress is to experience the unknown. If you don't know what to do...do ANYTHING that makes logical sense.

When you fail (because you WILL fail, and failure is a normal part of the process), you learn what you did wrong, what you can do better, you then adjust your behavior, and keep pushing forward.

That is one trait that separates successful people from those who feel stuck.

When I hit my initial success of passive income and the freedom to travel, it was long after I began wanting or expecting success...I simply failed so many times until I accidentally didn't fail.

And that ONE time you don't fail...is where the success is. And it makes up for all those other "failures" tenfold.

And you usually won't realize how far you have come until you hit it...

When are you going to run into the unknown and start walking the path to success?

P.S. - Start meeting other people who have the same goals as you (being a fitness model, an entrepreneur, actor, singer, athlete. Reading this from me is one thing. Noticing that everyone else on this path deals with the same struggles you are struggling with...makes it a lot easier to realize that what you are pushing through now is normal. And you can also learn from their failures, so you don't make the same mistakes. This way you can grow faster.

P.P.S. - The second thing to do is get a mentor. Somebody who has been in your shoes before and can help you navigate those mistakes quicker then they did. I said earlier that nobody knows what to do next. Somebody who has achieved what you want to achieve can help you navigate the next step...but it is up to you to walk it.

While you do that, they will get back to figuring out what they have to do next on their "next level"

When are you going to run into the unknown and start walking the path to success?

....sometimes I feel that I try to include multiple lessons in one story: I think I should narrow it down one at a time to really get the point across. Thoughts?

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Just wow. One of the best threads I read on here! I hope you link your book on here, or if not send me a pm with a link to it, I will buy it. I love how you go deep into details about how to change your mindset and beliefsystem, because thats the point where everyone should start imo.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
While spending a week driving up the Pacific Coast Highway, from Phoenix, to Southern California, all the way to Seattle, I recorded some YouTube videos that are in line with the message from my book...

This video was recorded in wine country and the topic is realizing that short term "failures" are a normal part of the journey to success, and the only real failure is the long term failure of giving up on your dreams.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Obstacle 1 - Who am I writing to? Do I want to piss people off? Should I sensor my tone?
I typed the following intro with the intent of painting a picture of the type of lifestyle the reader can live when they decide to chase their goals.

There are two types of readers for this book:

1-The ones that don't believe more is possible in life and need a wakeup call, and
2- people who woke up, but still could benefit from the advanced mindset training material I want to teach through the story.

The first group of people will enjoy the story because it gives them a belief that something more is possible in their life.

While the second group of people - people who are already having success on their journey, but haven't learned the mindset training things I'm talking about yet...this group might roll their eyes at the intro because they don't want to read another 'it's possible' book - and might put the book down and not read the valuable lessons that come later.

So first thing I'm doing now is realizing who exactly I am writing to.

Possible intro:

I like to spend the second half of the year not working, travelling, writing books, go hiking, chasing girls, and partying until 2 in the morning with college kids.

Because why the hell not?!

How else would you want to live when you’re 28?

So after I spend the next 3 months living the life I once dreamed of living, my friends and family say I should go back to the real world…

Why would I want to go back to the real world, when I am choosing to do the following instead:

I am going to drive across the country again, celebrate the holidays, and then hop on a flight to travel the world next year to some of the most beautiful and exotic beaches of the world. Not only that, but I’m also bringing two of the most beautiful models you will ever meet with me.

Thailand, Bali, and the rest of Southeast Asia.

We may backpack through Europe on the way home.

Oh, and I made $300 before I woke up this morning

How’s the real world treating ya?

What if something more is possible for your life? What if I only bragged about this to you because it's possible for you too?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Next day: the tone of the original intro comes off as too arrogant based on many of the people who read it.

Updates it and tones it back by adding a second section, with the gist of "ok so maybe that's not your goals...burnt type that to demonstrate something more is possible".

Decided to put that aside now and work on some other sections.

About 8,000 words in the last 3 days

DtRockstar1

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Aug 21, 2015
Livonia, MI
This is fantastic! I will follow this thread closely and will definitely buy your book.

My thoughts on the intro: It may not come off nearly as arrogant if people could see your body language and hear your tone of voice. But everyone assumes the worst when it's all in text.

However, the intro did its job hooking the reader and leaving them wanting more (it did that for me). So I would keep the intro almost the way it is, but just be mindful that the reader may take things the wrong way (arrogant) and maybe tone it down a bit.

Just my 2 cents. :)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
This is fantastic! I will follow this thread closely and will definitely buy your book.

My thoughts on the intro: It may not come off nearly as arrogant if people could see your body language and hear your tone of voice. But everyone assumes the worst when it's all in text.

However, the intro did its job hooking the reader and leaving them wanting more (it did that for me). So I would keep the intro almost the way it is, but just be mindful that the reader may take things the wrong way (arrogant) and maybe tone it down a bit.

Just my 2 cents. :)
Thanks for the feedback. I am getting a lot of feedback that it comes off a little arrogant.

Still debating if that's a good thing or bad thing if it keeps people reading....but it will set the tone for the book, and arrogant is not my normal state of being or writing style.... this is probably the 6th draft that I pasted below..

I'm going back and forth with my editor, and she said I should start off being more relateable to the target reader's current state. Which is important...but I notice a lot of best selling books start off with the positive vision of their future.

The part that is blowing my mind about this book...is that the story in there is actually true...When it literally used to be my dream of living, which I never thought was possible.

The Summer Vacation of a Lifetime

Remember that feeling you used to get on the last day of school as a kid?

It’s a long time ago, but when you remember it, those feelings will come back. Do you miss the days of exactly how that felt?

As you count down the hours on the clock, that feeling of freedom just ahead of you gets closer and closer.

That anticipation….the buildup…and then the final bell.

It was me waiting for that final bell on June 11th, 2014….in fact, I was moments away from graduation.

My plan was to not get a job for the summer, but instead, spend my summer vacation traveling across the country, meeting new people, having new experiences, and having the time of my life.

What is your ideal life like?

If you had the freedom like those days of summer vacation as a kid, money was no issue….if you could do anything, what would you do?

As September rolled around, and I was in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, all the kids were getting ready to go back to school.

Parents and adults have been forced to downgrade from those summer vacation days. 14 days spread throughout the year, and then back to work.

But I didn’t want my summer vacation to end.

So I stayed on my adventure throughout the fall, and into the winter.

After going home to see my parents for the holidays, I continued on my adventure, travelling for six more months.

This time, I was in the southwest United States.

I got to explore the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Southern California, and Arizona this time.

What happens to us when we finally get a taste of complete freedom and happiness?

Naturally, we want more of it.

Those feelings of freedom and happiness when summer vacation just began…what if they never ended?

Back when I graduated in June 2014, it was a big moment for me.

It would be a big moment for any 27 year old.

But I didn’t graduate from school.

No.

Something bigger than that.

Graduating into a life where you create summer vacations whenever you want, regardless of age, and you also get to choose when they end...if you want them to ever end. And those big dreams you’ve always wished you could achieve?

You can experience those too.

Yes, it’s possible. Even if it doesn’t seem like it now. By the end of the book, you will understand.

So in summary, my graduation was a graduation into the exact type of life I wanted to live....

I graduated into the life of the top 1%.

Currently, I choose to spend six months each year not working, travelling, writing books, going hiking, and partying until 2 in the morning with college kids.

How else would I want to live when I’m 28?

Sure beats the way things used to be.

When the New Year comes around, my friends and family say I should go back to the real world…

Why would I want to go back to the real world, when I can do the following:

After spending the holidays with my family, I am going to hop on a flight to Southeast Asia to experience some of the most beautiful and exotic beaches of the world.

I have two amazingly beautiful women who want to join me. I’m not sure if I should bring both of them, just one…or go this one solo?

It’s funny writing this, because traveling the world with attractive model types, while making money in my sleep, used to be one of those “impossible” lives I dreamed of once living not too long ago….and now I’m actually living it.

…It is funny because I can still remember the days where I didn’t think it was possible for me.

Sometimes we shouldn’t complain about what we got. Both of the girls are coming.

Not What I’m supposed to do? Check.

Sounds Far Fetched? Yes, for now at least (you will wake up)...

Irresponsible? I’m in good health, I made more money before I woke up this morning than I used to make in a week at my old 9-5, and I’m completely free & happy.

Irresponsible? Absolutely not!

Are you getting sick of living in the “real” world yet?

If so, snap out of it, and wake up to the life you’re about to live.

What if you could actually live the type of life that you always dreamed of?

OK, I get it. World travel, models, and partying might not be your thing.

That’s cool.

We all have our own goals in life.

Mine may be different than yours. It’s ok.

I only shared that story because it will allow you will realize by the end of this book is that it’s possible.

Not only is it possible, but it’s possible for you…and I will show you how to make it happen.

Seriously.

Why am I so confident that you can get there?

What if I started my journey in a much different place?

You only heard about the end of my journey (at least the end of this chapter of my life before I move on to the next).

The journey to living the life of your dreams always starts in a very different place.

Four years ago I was flat broke.

It isn’t until we hit those rock bottoms in life, that we begin searching for another way.

Another way of life that is a different life…a better life…a better life than where I currently feel stuck.

The life I was told to live has failed me, and I went searching for another way…

I began my journey to discover what it takes to become successful.

· What does it take to become Millionaire?

· What does it take to become a Celebrity?

· …a famous actor or singer?

· …a professional athlete?

In summary: What does it take to break free from where we are into the top 1% of society?

Do successful people have some type of knowledge that the rest of us don’t?

It started when I picked up a book of a man sharing a story about his journey. He described a life that I wanted to live. He was a millionaire, drove exotic sports cars, and lived in a big house.

Since I don’t know any millionaires or celebrities at this stage of my life, I figured this book would be a good start.

Not only did he write about business knowledge, but the more important lesson from this book is that our future can change, regardless of what our past is.

Over the next four years, I continued to go further (Sp?) down the rabbit hole.

About two years in, I have worked my way inside the inner circles of the top 1% of society. Multi-millionaires, celebrities, athletes, and even some vegan hippies. Yes, there is a reason I threw them into the mix, and you’ll understand why later. There are valuable lessons to be learned from everyone.

My friends from my old life say I got lucky when I worked my way under their wing for mentorship.

Where does the journey to success begin for each and every one of us?

It begins, with a desire for something more.

After spending four years of my life being mentored by some of the most successful people in society, I come back to you…to teach you that knowledge that has been hidden from you all along.

If you ever wondered where to get started on your path to success, this is it.

It started with reading a book for me, so that is why I wrote this book for you.

To wake you up.

What’s the next step?

Turn the page…

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I think the intro still needs work, but i'll let that sit for a while while I get into the rest of the book.

In the next section, I want to write it so the readers see themselves in the character of the story...so they can relate to the struggles the character goes through at the beginning....and then transition to delivering the messages and lessons the reader will benefit from.

Which will be pretty easy because I'm simply writing about my experiences, which are the same experiences my readers will face on their journey.

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
Thanks for the feedback. I am getting a lot of feedback that it comes off a little arrogant.

Still debating if that's a good thing or bad thing if it keeps people reading....but it will set the tone for the book, and arrogant is not my normal state of being or writing style.... this is probably the 6th draft that I pasted below..

I'm going back and forth with my editor, and she said I should start off being more relateable to the target reader's current state. Which is important...but I notice a lot of best selling books start off with the positive vision of their future.

The part that is blowing my mind about this book...is that the story in there is actually true...When it literally used to be my dream of living, which I never thought was possible.

The Summer Vacation of a Lifetime

Remember that feeling you used to get on the last day of school as a kid?

It’s a long time ago, but when you remember it, those feelings will come back. Do you miss the days of exactly how that felt?

As you count down the hours on the clock, that feeling of freedom just ahead of you gets closer and closer.

That anticipation….the buildup…and then the final bell.

It was me waiting for that final bell on June 11th, 2014….in fact, I was moments away from graduation.

My plan was to not get a job for the summer, but instead, spend my summer vacation traveling across the country, meeting new people, having new experiences, and having the time of my life.

What is your ideal life like?

If you had the freedom like those days of summer vacation as a kid, money was no issue….if you could do anything, what would you do?

As September rolled around, and I was in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, all the kids were getting ready to go back to school.

Parents and adults have been forced to downgrade from those summer vacation days. 14 days spread throughout the year, and then back to work.

But I didn’t want my summer vacation to end.

So I stayed on my adventure throughout the fall, and into the winter.

After going home to see my parents for the holidays, I continued on my adventure, travelling for six more months.

This time, I was in the southwest United States.

I got to explore the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Southern California, and Arizona this time.

What happens to us when we finally get a taste of complete freedom and happiness?

Naturally, we want more of it.

Those feelings of freedom and happiness when summer vacation just began…what if they never ended?

Back when I graduated in June 2014, it was a big moment for me.

It would be a big moment for any 27 year old.

But I didn’t graduate from school.

No.

Something bigger than that.

Graduating into a life where you create summer vacations whenever you want, regardless of age, and you also get to choose when they end...if you want them to ever end. And those big dreams you’ve always wished you could achieve?

You can experience those too.

Yes, it’s possible. Even if it doesn’t seem like it now. By the end of the book, you will understand.

So in summary, my graduation was a graduation into the exact type of life I wanted to live....

I graduated into the life of the top 1%.

Currently, I choose to spend six months each year not working, travelling, writing books, going hiking, and partying until 2 in the morning with college kids.

How else would I want to live when I’m 28?

Sure beats the way things used to be.

When the New Year comes around, my friends and family say I should go back to the real world…

Why would I want to go back to the real world, when I can do the following:

After spending the holidays with my family, I am going to hop on a flight to Southeast Asia to experience some of the most beautiful and exotic beaches of the world.

I have two amazingly beautiful women who want to join me. I’m not sure if I should bring both of them, just one…or go this one solo?

It’s funny writing this, because traveling the world with attractive model types, while making money in my sleep, used to be one of those “impossible” lives I dreamed of once living not too long ago….and now I’m actually living it.

…It is funny because I can still remember the days where I didn’t think it was possible for me.

Sometimes we shouldn’t complain about what we got. Both of the girls are coming.

Not What I’m supposed to do? Check.

Sounds Far Fetched? Yes, for now at least (you will wake up)...

Irresponsible? I’m in good health, I made more money before I woke up this morning than I used to make in a week at my old 9-5, and I’m completely free & happy.

Irresponsible? Absolutely not!

Are you getting sick of living in the “real” world yet?

If so, snap out of it, and wake up to the life you’re about to live.

What if you could actually live the type of life that you always dreamed of?

OK, I get it. World travel, models, and partying might not be your thing.

That’s cool.

We all have our own goals in life.

Mine may be different than yours. It’s ok.

I only shared that story because it will allow you will realize by the end of this book is that it’s possible.

Not only is it possible, but it’s possible for you…and I will show you how to make it happen.

Seriously.

Why am I so confident that you can get there?

What if I started my journey in a much different place?

You only heard about the end of my journey (at least the end of this chapter of my life before I move on to the next).

The journey to living the life of your dreams always starts in a very different place.

Four years ago I was flat broke.

It isn’t until we hit those rock bottoms in life, that we begin searching for another way.

Another way of life that is a different life…a better life…a better life than where I currently feel stuck.

The life I was told to live has failed me, and I went searching for another way…

I began my journey to discover what it takes to become successful.

· What does it take to become Millionaire?

· What does it take to become a Celebrity?

· …a famous actor or singer?

· …a professional athlete?

In summary: What does it take to break free from where we are into the top 1% of society?

Do successful people have some type of knowledge that the rest of us don’t?

It started when I picked up a book of a man sharing a story about his journey. He described a life that I wanted to live. He was a millionaire, drove exotic sports cars, and lived in a big house.

Since I don’t know any millionaires or celebrities at this stage of my life, I figured this book would be a good start.

Not only did he write about business knowledge, but the more important lesson from this book is that our future can change, regardless of what our past is.

Over the next four years, I continued to go further (Sp?) down the rabbit hole.

About two years in, I have worked my way inside the inner circles of the top 1% of society. Multi-millionaires, celebrities, athletes, and even some vegan hippies. Yes, there is a reason I threw them into the mix, and you’ll understand why later. There are valuable lessons to be learned from everyone.

My friends from my old life say I got lucky when I worked my way under their wing for mentorship.

Where does the journey to success begin for each and every one of us?

It begins, with a desire for something more.

After spending four years of my life being mentored by some of the most successful people in society, I come back to you…to teach you that knowledge that has been hidden from you all along.

If you ever wondered where to get started on your path to success, this is it.

It started with reading a book for me, so that is why I wrote this book for you.

To wake you up.

What’s the next step?

Turn the page…

I am so printing this! :rockon:

We want the book!

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Get in the queue @sija1 ... I'm first in the queue for the book. I hear the first buyer get a signed copy and balloons for a year. Seriously I am so looking forward to reading the finished product. Love the direction Andrew is taking with all this!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Just kind of brainstorming the main character development....I couldn't really pinpoint the angle until I was almost finished with the second draft of the intro...

But I think this works best, because it's the truth of what happened...with a unique way of delivering the message:

A normal, everyday guy who had the mindset that was handed to him from the environment he grew up in...turning into some "lucky" casual observer inside the way of life of the people that the reader wants to be like. Then reporting back to the reader what he learned from these people in a "secret information" that is hidden from the masses, and demonstrate the change in the person HE was throughout the story.

This way the reader will consciously get the information that will help them on their journey...but also unconsciously see someone in their exact shoes starting out achieve the lifestyle I achieved at a young age. That will be the real thing that gives them the belief that it's possible for them, and allows them to take the next step forward in changing their own life...from the logical information in the book.

Somehow I feel like I'm turning a non-fiction into a non-fiction with a fiction type of storyline.

It'll be interesting to see what this will evolve into.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
first buyer
Why would you expect to buy this after your PM helped me refine the thing that will go on the page before the intro... :D

The Long Journey to Success
"Four years ago, when I was flat broke, I embarked on a journey 2,000 miles across the country to discover one question:

After two and a half years of dead ends, I began getting closer to the answer.

I managed to work my way into the inner circles of the top 1% of every area of society from Millionaires to athletes and celebrities. And once I did, I learned their ways.

Growing up, I always thought they had access to some type of “hidden knowledge” that we don’t have.

They do…until now.

Four years later, I am back to share what I learned with you, I have successfully deconstructed success and turned it into a formula. And you’re never going to believe what happened to me along the way, it might just change your life forever…."

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Why would you expect to buy this after your PM helped me refine the thing that will go on the page before the intro... :D

The Long Journey to Success
"Four years ago, when I was flat broke, I embarked on a journey 2,000 miles across the country to discover one question:

After two and a half years of dead ends, I began getting closer to the answer.

I managed to work my way into the inner circles of the top 1% of every area of society from Millionaires to athletes and celebrities. And once I did, I learned their ways.

Growing up, I always thought they had access to some type of “hidden knowledge” that we don’t have.

They do…until now.

Four years later, I am back to share what I learned with you, I have successfully deconstructed success and turned it into a formula. And you’re never going to believe what happened to me along the way, it might just change your life forever…."

Boom! I love it.... Seriously hurry up and finish writing the damn thing. I need this like yesterday ;)

DtRockstar1

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Aug 21, 2015
Livonia, MI
That intro is much better. When you started talking about waiting for the final bell to ring and the feeling of freedom getting closer and closer, that really hooks the reader. I found that that whole passage kept my mind tuned in and waiting with anticipation for what would happen next. Keep it coming man!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
So Emily...this 18 year old girl from here in Seattle is looking to become a fitness model, and I notice that she is different than the rest. While most girls go for the freelance modelling gigs, she is talking about things such as building a brand, and her own clothing line. And then she tells me about her story about her goal to inspire others.

The funny thing is that she is telling me about all the mental struggles she's going through with her goals...and they are the exact same ones I was facing when I was starting out.

I know she will make it if she takes the right actions...but she doesn't fully believe in herself yet. And shes finally on the verge of the time where she is starting to take major action forward...

A lot of my writing from this point forward will be as if I'm talking directly to her.

She said she feels like her friends are holding her back.

Most people who are in your life now don’t understand the type of life you and I are choosing to live.

They bought into the dream of how they were told to live growing up.

They honestly think they are doing you a favor by trying to talk you out of chasing this dream. They will do anything in their power to have you cling onto their way of life. Don’t get mad at them for this, they simply don’t know any better.

I’m sure there are times when you will try to convince them on your way of life being the better way to live.

Don’t do that, you’ll be wasting your breath.

There actually is a way to convince them, but that will come later. Just have a little bit of patience with that that, while we work on something that has to come first.

At this stage of your journey, you’re going to have to choose to make some changes on yourself first. You’re going to have to be the change you want to see in your life.

I’ve heard the same advice in a few different cultures

The self-development people say you are the average of your 5 closest friends because you hang out with people who are similar to you.

The spiritual people say that we all live in some type of virtual reality game where the people you “attract” into your life are symbolic representations of who you are as a person, calculated by the frequency of your energy.

So which explanation is correct? The reason doesn’t really matter, we just want to reach our goal. Too much analysis will just slow us down.

Once again, I was faced with a situation with some strange information in front of me that I have no clue if it will work or not, so I go back to my motto that gets me through this stage of my life,

“Don’t ask if it’s right or wrong, ask if it’s useful.”

Keeping an open mind, I was curious for an answer, so I pushed forward to search for it.

And the answer, terrified me at the time…

I was going to have to get rid of my friends.

At the time, it seemed like they were holding me back, but over time I learned that the only thing that was holding you back from reaching the next level of your life…was your desire to want to let in the new life, without letting go of the old one first.

Doesn’t it seem kind of scary that you’re about to let go of the life you’re so accustomed to living?

You’re faced with a big risk by making these changes, but the risk is worth it.

On the other side, you will realize this leap of faith you’re about to take is, or never has been a risk after all.

It was the very thing that changed your life for the better.

Empty the cup, fill the cup

Do you want a taste of the good life, or do you want the whole thing?

Imagine the life you are in right now being just like a cup of dirty, disgusting swamp water, sitting right in front of you.

Right next to that, you have a gallon container of your favorite drink in the world…and you’re thirsty!

Many people try to take in the life they want before letting go of the old.

That is like pouring your favorite drink right on top of the cup of dirty swamp water.

First of all, it will overflow because you haven’t made room for it yet. And any taste you do get, will be watered down and short lived, almost immediately being overridden by your desire to hold onto the way things have been in the past.

This applies to every area of your life.

Instead of trying to begin to take new actions, first realize which actions no longer serve you, and let them go now. Habits are things you don’t know you’re doing. When you realize what you need to stop doing, it is no longer a habit. It’s a choice.

Likewise, before you can bring in a new empowering belief, you’re going to have to remove the old limiting belief that you can’t do it first.

Your external environment is a reflection of your internal environment.

When I was in your shoes, the best way I could perceive the previous statement is in terms of your perception. For example, if you’re feeling particularly happy one day, you tend to notice more happy people when you go out that day. If you’re sad, you may perceive the world to be sad that day.

When in reality, the world is always the same, but your perception is the cause for what you see.

Notice in both examples, the internal state of mind determines whether they see happiness in the world or sadness.

The change in themselves is where it all started.

So how do the spiritual people interpret this at a much deeper level?

As always when I listen to their way of thinking, I put on the filter of “everyone speaks in their own language” so they can relay a message more effectively. What is the message, forgetting about the reason this works.

Your life is like a radio frequency.

The spiritual people would say that your body and existence is nothing more than trillions upon trillions of particles of energy, all vibrating at a specific frequency.

Your current situation in life is represented by a specific frequency (such as on a radio dial).

They say, when you are “tuned into a specific frequency”, you can only attract other energy particles that are also vibrating at the same frequency as you. If you make $30,000 a year and play video games all night, you’re going to be at the same frequency as others who are in that type of life, and the frequencies will unconsciously attract to eachother.

When you turn the radio dial to a new station, the music on the old one stops playing, and you can finally listen to some new music.

The way it works in your life, when you change the dial (change who you are, what beliefs you have, your actions, the people you choose to be around, etc.), you begin to notice new results in your life, and some of the old things you wanted to get away from, begin to fade away.

It all begins with changing yourself first.

After that, the rest is handled by the magic power of the universe.

So what is all this hippie talk leading to?

You can’t drink your favorite drink until you get rid of every last drop of the old swamp water first. Just when you think you got rid of all of it, take a second look and clean it up some more.

You must be willing to get rid of the old life, and the parts of it that don’t serve you anymore, before you are able to let in the new.

And just like a radio frequency, the change always has to begin internally. Because if you don’t like the music you’re hearing, it won’t go away until you choose to change the dial.

When you do finally choose to change yourself into a new person, you must be willing to let some things go, and will finally be able to make room for the new life you’ve been waiting for.

Signs that you’re on the right path

1. Friends will begin to fade away, but new ones will begin to appear. And the ones that do appear in your life will be a symbol that you became that you are turning into a new type of person who is about to get some very new results in your life.

2. Your environment will begin to change.

3. You notice yourself taking new actions that you’ve never taken before (this is a big one, because this is what causes the rest on the list to happen).

4. You have new perspectives about the world, and begin to see things at a deeper level now.

Then one day, in the not too distant future, the same people who tried to talk you out of chasing the life you want to life…will someday reappear to ask, with jealousy, how you did it, and how you got so lucky.

When you hear the world “luck” and cringe…because you finally learned that luck is replaced by hard work and persistence.

That right there is a sign that you’ve made it to your destination.

Have you ever thought what you’re going to do next? The next level goal for the moment you realize you are already where you’ve always wanted to be?

My Journey

It was really hard for me to do this at first. I felt a loyalty to my friends, and they’ve been the people who were in my life for a while. I didn’t want to make it feel like I was abandoning them.

I really wasn’t growing as a person when I tried to latch onto that old type of lifestyle – going to bars on the weekends, spending time playing video games, etc.

It wasn’t for me.

My friends from work always used to try to drag me out, when I wanted to stay in and work on my online business.

What I was trying to do didn’t seem normal to them, they wanted to party and have fun, and loved doing that – so they tried to change me.

For a while, I tried to appease them and go out just a couple times a month.

I still wasn’t having success with my business!

Their persistence to suck me into their lifestyle almost seemed like a test from the universe to see if I really wanted this new life or not. The more I struggled with this decision to let go, the more their disappointment showed.

It was towards the beginning of 2013 where I finally decided to let go of this old life that was trying to latch on to me completely.

I finally let go.

I let go, cutting ties with friends, and distanced myself, burying myself in my work. At the time, it seemed as if I was all alone, by myself.

It was just me and my work. Not where I planned to be.

When the student is ready, the mentor appears

And it wasn’t until I finally decided to fully let go now, and face that final test of solitude, and take my work seriously, that I met three other aspiring internet entrepreneurs at a conference.

My new 5 closest friends were almost as if they were a mirror reflection of the current life I am living now.

My new life has arrived. A life that is simply a reflection of the new me.

The very moment, when you feel that it’s physically impossible to turn back, is the moment when you are there.

Why didn’t I choose to change myself sooner?

Because it felt hard at the time.

It’s almost as if that radio frequency analogy actually exists…

All it took was changing myself first, and allowing to let go of a way I used to live.

The explanations from these hippies sound crazy, but for some reason, the lessons they teach, is actually working.

Authors note: I somehow feel like combining my knowledge as an entrepreneur and the “crazy” mindset techniques of hippies, visionaries, and Buddhist monks is giving me some type of advantage over anybody who sticks to one area of life.

It’s almost as two pieces of the same puzzle. I have the vision, but I also now have the tools that can make it happen, simply because I finally decided to open my mind up to new ways of thinking.

Also, as you read this, you might see leaving your friends as an absolute thing and in a negative tone. I still catch up with some of my old close friends from high school, college, the police academy, my old job and we are great...but I'm simply not living in their reality anymore

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Note: I might use some fastlane terminology in this post to fit it to the audience of this forum. The actual wording of the book will be different to appeal to a more general audience looking to achieve their goals.

Note 2: Not edited AT ALL, and possibly disorganized. Right now Chase told me to 'just write' and come back to it later, so that woke me up to trying to perfect one section before the whole book is done.

What if you're walking down the wrong path to success?

It all starts with where you want to be in life.

And I'm not talking about making $100,000 a month or "wanting a big business". I'm talking about the kind of life I want to live, and the kind of world I want to live in. I used to want $3,000 a month passive income as one of my first business goals. But why did I want that?

I wanted that because I wanted to have the freedom to travel the world for as long as I want.

You might have some surface level goals, but the real goal that I like to focus on in the beginning is...What do I actually want my life to be like?

I want to travel the world care-free, party, and have a good time.

After I experience this, this goal may change in a couple of years. But for the next eight months of my life will be this happening.

At this point, we want to reprogram our reticular activating system (or I can use the word brain for simplicity?) to spot opportunities that align with our goal. How do our brains know something has happened? Through our senses. What will I see, hear, and most importantly feel when I achieved this goal?

Once you set this destination, with a specific date that you are living that life, I want you to imagine in your mind that it is that date in the present moment, and that you are actually living that life now. See what you see, hear what you hear, and really get those emotions and feelings as if you've already achieved this goal.

I personally do this to the point that while I am visualizing, I literally convince every part of myself that I actually achieved this goal. Since our brain can't tell the difference between real and imagined, it's possible for us all to do.

Why spend the time on all these visualizations?

There are countless interpretations about why this works. Whether the spiritual people say it's to adjust your "vibrational alignment with the universe", or the psychological explanation...we don't care.

We just need to know that it works.

My personal explanation of why I feel doing this is important? It allows you to look at the same problem from a different perspective, so when you train your brain to be the brain capable of such a goal, you can look "back" from where you are visualizing achieving it and ask yourself "What did I do in order to get here?"

At this point, I walk it backwards to the major steps I took to get there.

For me, it is being in a position to sell products online that make me money from any area of the world, and in order to get there I have to continue running advertisements to my products.

Then ask yourself "what is the first step?".

When you do that, begin taking action.

If there if some action you are feeling an emotional blockage from taking, and it prevents you from taking the action you need to do, you now have the tools to reprogram the area of your unconscious brain that is responsible for the blockage...and you can take that step forward.

If I wrote a book on all of the tools I use to accomplish this, it would be a thousand pages, but here is an example.

I know I need to continue to run advertisements for my business, and let's say I'm not doing that...now I need to figure out which level is the cause of me not taking action.

Level 1 - Environment - Am I in the position to take that action in my current environment? If no, fix the core issue in the environment. (Ex. get funding to use on ads, get a quality internet connection if I'm in an area of the world that doesn't have one, etc.)

Level 2 - Unconscious filters - Am I running towards my goal, or running away from what I don't want? In the past, I used to be broke so I often times ran away from losing money. Instead, I not have the filter on that I am investing money to make more money. And this is the filter that allows me to take action towards my goal. There are about 5 main filters that we can talk about shortly....

Level 3 - Skills and Capabilities - Do I know how to take this action effectively? If no, learn how to do it or get a mentor.

Level 4 - Limiting beliefs/Emotional trauma - If I don't believe I can have success with this, I do a 20 second visualization exercise to immeditately remove any trace of this limiting belief.

If there is a negative emotional event in my past that caused that limiting belief, I have another exercise I use in order to remove that emotional trauma from my mind and body, so that blockage is gone.

Level 5 - Values - Is the action I'm taking going against what I feel is important in business? If I value selling a quality product and the thing I'm advertising is not quality - I will have the incongruency there when it comes to taking the action.

If you can take another action to get around these values to your goals, do that. If not, it is time to take a look at if your values are aligned with your ultimate goal.

Level 6 - Identity. Am I acting as if I'm the person who has already achieved this goal? It's more than simply "fake it until you make it". Alight all your thoughts, beliefs, words, and actions to be someone who is achieving this goal...and the actions are guaranteed to build this goal you want.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
More random typing - rough draft.

Create The Success Identity (Program the future you).

This is where things get really fun and you can create any future version of yourself that you want.

At this point of the book, you should be aware that you can achieve any of these goals that you want to achieve, so now it's time to learn how to do it.

I know you're new to this, so some limiting beliefs might slip in here. Since that is most likely the case, I want you do do this while you you pretend that anything is possible.

Imagine a circular hologram person in the center of a room, and you have a computer to program this person to be anybody that you want it to be.

When you program this person, they ARE living the exact life you want to live.

This is the type of image I Want the reader to get with my description - with you sitting at a control panel for this person.
upload_2015-9-14_14-59-32.png

Mine is an athletic looking 29 year old who is travelling the world and making money while doing it (among other things)

Did you know there are multiple paths to the same destination?

I could become a singer, an actor, or a public speaker who is doing a world tour while enjoying anything I do over there.

What route did this person take to make that real goal possible?

Be very specific.

This holographic avatar you are programming from your computer in front of you....what path did they take? Make it look like a future version of yourself. A little older, a lot wiser, and the person you want to look like, and they sold candles to candle shops.

Mine is an entrepreneur who has online businesses and used google advertising to get there.

You have to play by the rules of life

You are now programming this person's past history. And I'm talking about the time between where you are right now and where this person is with achieving that goal you currently desire.

Since the person you are programming on the screen is a future version of you, he had to get rid some of the old programming along the way, before it can make room for new programming.

There are certain actions that get you closer to this goal, and there are certain actions that don't.

What actions did this future version of yourself STOP taking that weren't helping him or her reach their goal?

Assuming you live in an infinite reality, where anything is possible, what limiting beliefs did he have to get rid of?

What skills does this person know, that you currently don't?

What environment was this person in during their journey to become that person?

What people did they associate with?

You don't want to guess here

There is rules this person has to live by in the world, and you want to make sure you are programming your future self the correct way.

You are going to do this by modelling. You find a person who already has the life you want to live. Talk to them. Ask them what they did in order to get there.

My friends who travel the world have online businesses that they run from a laptop.

The sentence above is a good start, but you want to get detailed.

There are many people out there who document their journey to success and help others get there. I am one of them. I can help people on the journey to make money as an internet entrepreneur, and people could model the actions I took to get to where I am today.

But you won't model my actions to become a world class singer.

Find someone in society that has what you want, and study them.

Discover what actions they took to get there, and break it down to the first action.

Now you know what actions to stop taking, what skills to learn, what limiting beliefs to get rid of, and what incongruencies are standing between you and your goal.

You also know what actions, skills, and beliefs to replace them with.

You also have the tools to reprogram your mind to be this person.

Take that action right now to begin walking the next steps of your journey.

It is a long road, but you will get there if you follow this process and don't ever stop running.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
At this point, I want to get all the content out of my brain and onto paper, so I may write things in a direct, almost arrogant tone.

Once the lessons are onto paper, I'll be editing the tone to make it flow better as a story, and still deliver the core messages.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
A lot of my writing from this point forward will be as if I'm talking directly to her.
Actually, I correct this statement.

I just completed a whole section on finding the direction to her goals. I met up with Emily for a few hours yesterday in Bellevue, WA and realized that she is a perfect target reader for certain parts of the book....but not for others.

I'm slowly breaking down all my information into major stages people go through in achieving success, and people seem to be appearing in my life that fit each stage.

So instead of writing the whole book to one person, I notice that other people in my life come to me for help at other stages, so each stage will be directed at a different person.

...and the really interesting part is that each and every person that I notice go through this journey to success - goes through the same exact stages at the deeper level.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Weird thing I'm doing....you ever notice how songs are triggers that bring back certain emotions and thoughts from your past?

I want to relate to the reader's emotional pains and struggles from what they are going through. I pushed through one thing in 2011. So I'm listening to songs I listened to at the time while I write that section.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Weird thing I'm doing....you ever notice how songs are triggers that bring back certain emotions and thoughts from your past?

I want to relate to the reader's emotional pains and struggles from what they are going through. I pushed through one thing in 2011. So I'm listening to songs I listened to at the time while I write that section.

I have totally found that. I tell you what is even weirder... I now partner with one of the people I listened to most in my teenager angst years and it took me a while to realise that her songs had such emotional connections to me that for quite a while I'd end up transferring that emotional mindset when working with her!

Back to your writing though... just caught up. LOVING the progress (we both already know I'm totally obsessed with your writing). The breakdown of limiting beliefs into different levels is awesome. Those are the kind of things that make it much easier for people to identify with and also stops overwhelm. I also think you're bang on directing chapters to different people. The reality is the core principles are the same so anyone can identify with them but this really gives the book the chance to appeal and connect on multiple levels... you might for instance really see yourself in the person in Chapter 4. The truth is you're more likely connecting with an issue faced by both, but we both know people much prefer to bond with other people than a principle!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
upload_2015-10-2_23-57-34.png

181,157 words and I still don't feel I covered anywhere near what I want the readers to understand...

I think I'll need to do some trimming down.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
View attachment 10701

181,157 words and I still don't feel I covered anywhere near what I want the readers to understand...

I think I'll need to do some trimming down.

Do not trim. Keep writing. If you trim now you'll end up losing the flow. Keep going and know that all is there for some reason. I bet you find something that you're not so sure about being useful halfway through actually becomes the making of the last chapter etc..

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Do not trim. Keep writing. If you trim now you'll end up losing the flow. Keep going and know that all is there for some reason. I bet you find something that you're not so sure about being useful halfway through actually becomes the making of the last chapter etc..
The flow is done for tonight. It's 12:30 am and unless a magic teddy bear whispers in my ear, the flow will continue tomorrow.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.