The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Cryptocurrency Experience

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

ttoke

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 10, 2013
I'm holding VTC, UTC, MAX and PANDA.

I started mining PANDA from the start and I have about 850k at the moment.

EDIT: Actually I bought 300k, forgot that for a sec.

Last edited:

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
I wonder if BTC is going to break down into $500 territory on Coinbase again. It looks like the markets are bleeding again.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
Y'all see this on crypto rushs front page ? I guess they are trying to take a stand against P & D.

WARNING: If you are caught price hiking coins by buying/selling at an extremely HIGH rate (i.e.: 320 satosh instead of 10 satosh) just to make a big bump on the charts, You MAY get banned from ALL trading. Please make sure you keep it fair for all users.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Y'all see this on crypto rushs front page ? I guess they are trying to take a stand against P & D.

WARNING: If you are caught price hiking coins by buying/selling at an extremely HIGH rate (i.e.: 320 satosh instead of 10 satosh) just to make a big bump on the charts, You MAY get banned from ALL trading. Please make sure you keep it fair for all users.

Yeah, I've noticed this activity. Like Pandacoin was at a false 200 satoshi briefly.

CryptoRush has added 10 ats today. I own a couple of them from other exchanges, but they are beginning to exhaust me :D

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
I'm holding VTC, UTC, MAX and PANDA.

I started mining PANDA from the start and I have about 850k at the moment.

EDIT: Actually I bought 300k, forgot that for a sec.

I have quite a few VTC. The price has been tanking for the past 5 days. I refuse to sell at a loss and hope that it rebound soon!

I'm in virtual profit with Panda. Just waiting for it to hit craptsy.

ttoke

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Nov 10, 2013
I have quite a few VTC. The price has been tanking for the past 5 days. I refuse to sell at a loss and hope that it rebound soon!

I'm in virtual profit with Panda. Just waiting for it to hit craptsy.

Same here with VTC, I'm sure it will go up eventually. I think I'm going to hold PANDA longer.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
So I sold out of UNO the other day, before it approached .04...but I don't feel too bad as I was mining it and buying it up when it was .003. I got out because Wolong had tweeted about .021, so I thought it would drop again and I could play the dip, but he lied. Instead I bought into DevCoin to ride that pump assuming he's not lying about that too. Yeah, probably not so smart to make trading decisions based on some random internet stranger market manipulator ;-) But, what the heck else is there to go on!

I also bought a ton of LEAF, it just seems crazy cheap right now. And I'm sitting on a nice chunk of MOON, I figure thats gotta have another pump in it sometime, might be waiting a few months...I can be patient :) I'm still sitting on my PeerCoin, I thought it would have had a nice pop at the conference a few weeks ago, but that didn't materialize. At some point it has to go up....

MINT seems to have decent graphics, so there's that. The only thing with LEAF is its another coin where the devs then went and launched yet another coin, so I hope they aren't distracted/still pay attention to it.

I'm starting to seriously look at how I can business-ify this and work it in with my fastlane plan so I can accelerate getting out of the day job, can't take it anymore. Its a lot more fun playing with these cryptos :)

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Gone are the good days:

Here is a letter I just got from Bitstamp in relation to my last withdrawal. Such sad, it used to be so much simpler.

We received your withdrawal request. As your withdrawal request met some of our volume and frequency thresholds, we will have to kindly ask you to help us better understand the nature of your relationship with Bitstamp. In order to do so, we require that an additional KYC (know your customer) procedure is completed before we can proceed with the processing of your transfer.

We kindly ask you to send us a high resolution image double page of your international passport and answer the following KYC questionnaire:

1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. The purpose of trading on Bitstamp?
3. What is the origin of the deposited Bitcoins? If mining, please specify your hardware specifications and submit a receipt or an invoice for your mining equipment.
4. What are your future plans and activities planned on our exchange?
5. Do you plan more withdrawals in the future?
6. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.
7. What is the source of the funds which you are depositing to your Bitstamp account? Please provide any financial documentation which can confirm how the funds sent to your Bitstamp account were acquired.

We kindly ask you to submit your answers and documents in a reply to this ticket.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Gone are the good days:

Here is a letter I just got from Bitstamp in relation to my last withdrawal. Such sad, it used to be so much simpler.

We received your withdrawal request. As your withdrawal request met some of our volume and frequency thresholds, we will have to kindly ask you to help us better understand the nature of your relationship with Bitstamp. In order to do so, we require that an additional KYC (know your customer) procedure is completed before we can proceed with the processing of your transfer.

We kindly ask you to send us a high resolution image double page of your international passport and answer the following KYC questionnaire:

3. What is the origin of the deposited Bitcoins? If mining, please specify your hardware specifications and submit a receipt or an invoice for your mining equipment.
6. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.
7. What is the source of the funds which you are depositing to your Bitstamp account? Please provide any financial documentation which can confirm how the funds sent to your Bitstamp account were acquired.

We kindly ask you to submit your answers and documents in a reply to this ticket.
That is massively intrusive. Coinbase pretty much asked some of the same questions, but it was automated. I can't recall if I had to put in a social or not, but there was putting in name and address, answering some random questions based on that info, and verifying deposits into a bank account. Of course, even with all this, they were never able to verify my 3 Visa cards for "instant buy," but whatever.

Actually looking at the list again, those questions are complete bullshit to be honest.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
On the one hand, I can see how those questions are kind of annoying / like an interrogation. But on the other, I can understand why they need to do it, its similar to having the sit down at the bank when you open a new account. The only thing that bugs me is these exchangers are not like big established banks etc., so who knows how good their security is in actually storing all of that stuff. Sending a scan of a passport in digital form would kinda bug me for instance.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
I recently read "The Millionaire Fastlane " and just signed up for the forums a few hours ago. I'm 16 years old from Ireland and have been interested in cryptocurrencies for some time now. About a week back I bought 65,000 Dogecoin for 50 euro just to get me started and they have gone up over 80% since since I bought them. This made me wish that I had bought a couple of thousand euro's worth of them but when you look at what's happening they are really unstable for example Bitcoin it fell over 80% yesterday.

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
I recently read "The Millionaire Fastlane " and just signed up for the forums a few hours ago. I'm 16 years old from Ireland and have been interested in cryptocurrencies for some time now. About a week back I bought 65,000 Dogecoin for 50 euro just to get me started and they have gone up over 80% since since I bought them. This made me wish that I had bought a couple of thousand euro's worth of them but when you look at what's happening they are really unstable for example Bitcoin it fell over 80% yesterday.

Good lad, well done for dipping your toes in the water.

But, as you will already have realised, unless you are highly skilled and experienced at day trading (like Alty for example), this isn't fast lane. You are effectively gambling with coins, rather than chips.

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Gone are the good days:

When I signed up for several exchanges they asked for bank or passport info. I thought this was standard?

I think they are doing this to prevent money laundering and avoiding any possible tax issues with govt.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
When I signed up for several exchanges they asked for bank or passport info. I thought this was standard?

I think they are doing this to prevent money laundering and avoiding any possible tax issues with govt.

I already gave them my passport or driving license when I signed up, which I'm fine with as it's a minimum KYC requirement. Now they are asking for it again, sounds like my mobile phone company.

Then the questions, they're quite frankly stupid.

What do they think people are going to say?

"I sell drugs on silk road for a living and with all the bitcoin I make from junkies I use your exchange to convert that drug money into hard cash (that I use to buy more drugs) I also use my bitcoin to hire the occasional assasin to kill people". Can I have my money please? :D

(That's not what I do that was a joke, I'm a trader, just in case there is somebody reading that manages to interpret that the wrong way).

What I'm against is the unnecessary red tape being imposed on us in an area that was doing so well to avoid it.

PSK

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 18, 2013
UK
"I sell drugs on silk road for a living and with all the bitcoin I make from junkies I use your exchange to convert that drug money into hard cash (that I use to buy more drugs) I also use my bitcoin to hire the occasional assasin to kill people". Can I have my money please? :D

Alty, is this your fastlane? Can't say I approve!

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I already gave them my passport or driving license when I signed up, which I'm fine with as it's a minimum KYC requirement. Now they are asking for it again, sounds like my mobile phone company.

Then the questions, they're quite frankly stupid.

What do they think people are going to say?

(That's not what I do that was a joke, I'm a trader, just in case there is somebody reading that manages to interpret that the wrong way).

What I'm against is the unnecessary red tape being imposed on us in an area that was doing so well to avoid it.
With anything that can be used for illegal purposes will eventually get red taped.

The questions they ask are to catch the bad guys, and possibly for court evidence if anything problematic arises. If u are doing nothing wrong no need to worry.

But it is quite annoying they ask such questions.

Only the guys with the big dough get asked these questions! U should be proud :D

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
What's up with the bankers? Didn't know bitcoin was that scary to them

It's like something out of a John Grisham novel...

Conspiracy theorists are coming up with all kinds of stuff.

Forex malpractices, impending financial meltdown, money laundering, whistle blowing or even aliens.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
932956.jpg

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
JayKim that is the perfect follow up, in a dark humor way. In all seriousness though, its pretty disturbing and does make you wonder if they know something.

Seems like a lot of alts are downtrending again. Some cheap buys. Its getting kinda hard to keep track of all of them now, so many coins.

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
JayKim that is the perfect follow up, in a dark humor way. In all seriousness though, its pretty disturbing and does make you wonder if they know something.

Seems like a lot of alts are downtrending again. Some cheap buys. Its getting kinda hard to keep track of all of them now, so many coins.
Yeah, I think I'll abandon putting another 0.05BTC into any position that's worth less than 0.01BTC. CryptoRush is keeping me busy. They gobbled up almost 2BTC with all their releases lately and Coinbase can't transfer fast enough.

exige

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 20, 2013
Bucks County, PA
Whoa, looks like Wodong lost his mojo, going to war against cryptsy and pumping this mintpal exchange, but they have no volume? I guess he's pissed they won't add his pandacoin knockoff. I dunno if he's got enough "power" to make any real impact though, or if its all just hubris.

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
Yeah....I got burned pretty badly by the exodus. Sitting here with .25btc trying to decide what makes sense at this point :(

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
Has this worked for you? It sounds a little like putting a dollar on every single horse at the races

mememan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 16, 2013
Has this worked for you? It sounds a little like putting a dollar on every single horse at the races
I think there are about 15-20 coins below 10 Satoshi atm. If at least one takes off, you've gotten your money back. If that one really takes off, you've profited.

I do something similar, expect with all coins, not just sub 10 Satoshi ones. I provided my lost details on an earlier post, but I'm still holding them, so it's only a paper loss.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.