The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creativity of marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

Nathan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 18, 2008
Denver, CO
I thought of something from last summer. It was a hot and humid day in Georgia, and I was cutting my grass mid afternoon. A few little girls at the end of the road setup a lemonade stand before I even got out there. They had to be maybe about 5-8 years old. I admired their initiative... but to paint the whole picture.... I was the ONLY one outside, and they were setup to do business in a cul de sac.

They'd start by yelling lemonade for sale over and over. I'd cut the mower on and mow til the bag was full, cut the mower off, they'd start yelling again. We continued this process for well over an hour. I'd stop, they'd start. Now the whole time I'm the only one still outside.... so obviously they're speaking to just me. But it made me think....and yes I know they're like 5 lol... but it made me think about regular businesses. How many people's strategy is to simply state the same shit, just louder? At one point, they even discounted the price by like HALF lol and we're talking like 50 cents. They didn't think, this isn't working, what else could we do. Just kept repeating the same thing. Until I finished, cleaned up, went back inside, they packed up their table and went back inside as well. How many small businesses that don't have sales/marketing experience, do the same thing?

Now personally, I knew when i was finished mowing I was going to have a beer, why the hell would I even want lemonade lol. I thought about going over and just buying a glass or 3 simply to applaud their ambition, but for some reason I didn't. Just kinda seemed to be setting myself up down the road to get a personal lemonade sales team every time I mowed the lawn.

Anyways, thoughts?

Nathan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Almost every time I see kids selling lemonade, I stop and buy a cup from them. I do it because I like to encourage entrepreneurship in kids.

You never know how something small like buying a 50 cent cup of lemonade from them will impact their little world and the excitement it may bring to them.

And they're cute too, how can you say no to their gap-teethed little smiles? :D

LagunaLauren

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
May 20, 2009
Laguna Beach, CA
Seriously, man! You should have bought the lemonade! You probably crushed their little entrepreneurial hearts! :nonod: (Can you tell I have little kids?)

But yeah, you're right about how some people don't change strategy when something doesn't work.

Nathan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 18, 2008
Denver, CO
LOl well damnn!! I knew this would be the result.

Lol no Jill, I did do the lemonade bit, as well as washing cars, and mowing lawns and the whole gamut. Hell maybe I am a cold bastard lol.

And yes, I would totally like to encourage entrepreneurship... in anyone, not just kids... but hell.... ok I'm going to stop, I'm digging a hole lol.

But back on track, lol!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.