The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Competing with MailCheat(Chimp)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

Facebook was restricted towards college kids before they opened up to the entire world. When I joined it was required to have a college .edu email to sign up. Niche. P&G made soap and candles for the military. Niche.

Always start solving the needs for a smaller particular group of people with a particular group of needs... and then grow, expand, and adapt to let everybody else in.

It's not "limiting yourself" to use a strategy in which you succeed.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Goodluck with that? :smilielol:

ZDS had added targeting a smaller fraction for exclusivity with the goal of the whole market. That's not targeting, designing, and producing for a super sub-niche.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KirbyRaymund

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Apr 11, 2013
Hi everyone...

just a reminder... my site is emercury.net

I want to give some updates and again, ask for your opinion. The last time i posted, here are some of the learnings I picked up because I find them helpful:

1) it's useless to compete with MailCheat(Chimp) because they are well established, find a niche of my of my won
2) what can i offer that others can't
3) useless to match MailCheat(Chimp) offer, specifically, their FREE 2,000 email monthly because if it is just parity, people would go MailCheat(Chimp) because it's bigger, more established
4) the site is... errr... cluttered

here is what I did, i zeroed in on a niche... affiliate marketers.

I want to target email marketer who use email regularly to offer products from affiliate networks. Specifically, i want to target new affiliate marketers. i find that people would usually stick to their first email marketing service provider.

But, of course, I want to create value for them so they will choose me over other email marketing service providers. Here is what I will offer:

Email marketer and affiliate marketers are always looking for ways on how to increase click throughs and sales... this is the need I will address...

I will offer a system that will track the behavior of each email. That will allow them to send offers or contents or ads that their customers are already interested in.

Is that attractive enough?

Thriftypreneur

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 8, 2013
here is what I did, i zeroed in on a niche... affiliate marketers.

I want to target email marketer who use email regularly to offer products from affiliate networks. Specifically, i want to target new affiliate marketers. i find that people would usually stick to their first email marketing service provider.

But, of course, I want to create value for them so they will choose me over other email marketing service providers. Here is what I will offer:

Email marketer and affiliate marketers are always looking for ways on how to increase click throughs and sales... this is the need I will address...

I will offer a system that will track the behavior of each email. That will allow them to send offers or contents or ads that their customers are already interested in.

Is that attractive enough?

Just allowing affiliate marketing, at all, is competing with MailCheat(Chimp). Last I heard, MailCheat(Chimp) doesn't allow affiliate marketing of any kind.

Most serious affiliate marketers I know of use Aweber. In fact, pretty much everyone uses Aweber. They are the 800lb gorilla in this space and they have email analytics in place in their system. I don't know how it compares to yours, though.

If you want to go after affiliate marketers, there's 3 main areas they focus on:

1. Delivery Rates
2. Price
3. Auto-Responder Features/Ease of Use

2000 free email account, that also allows affiliate marketing, and has an easy to use auto-responder? Now you're offering something the others don't. Get the word out and you'll have plenty of free accounts created in no time.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
I'm still confused how you managed to build out the infrastructure for this without researching your competition. You've really never heard of Aweber?

The one thing you could possibly do is combine landing page hosting with this.

A service that combined unbouce with Aweber might be a winning combination.

KirbyRaymund

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Apr 11, 2013
I'm still confused how you managed to build out the infrastructure for this without researching your competition. You've really never heard of Aweber?

The one thing you could possibly do is combine landing page hosting with this.

A service that combined unbouce with Aweber might be a winning combination.

I have heard of Aweber... people i spoke with aren't happy with it. they don't hate but they aren't happy with it either.

i think the landing page hosting is a good idea. i'll take that advice. thank you very much for that.

KirbyRaymund

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Apr 11, 2013
If you want to go after affiliate marketers, there's 3 main areas they focus on:

1. Delivery Rates
2. Price
3. Auto-Responder Features/Ease of Use

thank you for this. I can guarantee highest deliver rates. I'll bank on that.

my next steps would be highlight delivery rates, landing page hosting and Easy to use AR and Free 2,000 emails monthly on paid ads, PR and social media.

i will all give you updates.

Chris_Willow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 8, 2012
EU
If you're targeting new affiliate marketers (essentially, people wanting to make money online) you can definitely grab a piece of the market by providing training and other educational content.
Bundle your service with guides, videos, landing pages, PLR content, pre-made autoresponder series etc.

just get some paying customers before investing in this :)

P.S. Also, consider hiring a designer to do a better site for you. Or buy a template on themeforest.

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
If you have something decent up and running, contact Matthew Woodward from his blog/site thing (look him up), and offer him a free years premium service (for him, or as a prize to one of his readers)/ or give him an affiliate link. Will give you massive relevant ongoing traffic (if your service is good/has a great USP/is truly better than aweber).

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
High delivery rates is the golden nugget. If you can make 100% of the good email addresses deliver without getting delayed by gmail, aol, yahoo, comcast and the other big email providers you have the golden ticket.

KirbyRaymund

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Apr 11, 2013
Bundle your service with guides, videos, landing pages, PLR content, pre-made autoresponder series etc. just get some paying customers before investing in this :)
P.S. Also, consider hiring a designer to do a better site for you. Or buy a template on themeforest.

I have video some videos, step by step procedure on how to set up the landing page, auto responder series... the rest, i'll do that but i'll start with those videos. the design seems a common observation. i do have some paying customers already. when i save enough, i'll work on a new design.

thanks for the advise. i'll definitely do it.

If you have something decent up and running, contact Matthew Woodward from his blog/site thing (look him up), and offer him a free years premium service (for him, or as a prize to one of his readers)/ or give him an affiliate link. Will give you massive relevant ongoing traffic (if your service is good/has a great USP/is truly better than aweber).

thank you! i looked him up already. i will get in touch with him. i can definitely offer premium services to his readers. i'll place an ad too. if you can recommend any other blogger like him, i would really appreciate it if you can post it here.

High delivery rates is the golden nugget. If you can make 100% of the good email addresses deliver without getting delayed by gmail, aol, yahoo, comcast and the other big email providers you have the golden ticket.

I am confident about delivery rate. i am already doing the layout for my banner ads. it will definitely be THE highlight.

thanks to everyone who are helping. these are all helpful. i will update you again soon.

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
thank you! i looked him up already. i will get in touch with him. i can definitely offer premium services to his readers. i'll place an ad too. if you can recommend any other blogger like him, i would really appreciate it if you can post it here.

You can try Pat Flynn, but you'd want to have a pretty awesome service ready to go, no matter who you contact.

KirbyRaymund

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Apr 11, 2013
Hi, it's me again.

I want to get your feedback on a new feature we have for emercury.

Here is the summary:

Emercury is now partners with Admailr, a proprietary technology that will allow:
• list owners to monetize their list or existing publications by placing text-based ads on their current publications, and
• advertisers to place ads on publications that are relevant to their product for higher consumer engagement.

Admailr's technology determines which ads will be inserted into which newsletters and viewed by which recipients to get the most engagement. For advertisers, it means they will get higher click through rates than if they sent out the advertisement as a solo email message as it is traditionally done. For publishers, it allows them to earn money while they send their existing newsletters.

Here is the link to the feature Email Marketing Services | Email Marketing Company - Emercury

As always, i will welcome your critic.

Thank you

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
Much better pivot. Might want to be careful with you logo containing the gmail logo though.

KirbyRaymund

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Apr 11, 2013
UPDATE:
just want to give everyone an update.

so i've been busy on the site implementing some of the suggestions that came from here. most of these are not complete yet such as:
- emphasize high delivery rate
- emphasize easy to use API
- emphasize lower CPM

those are under development and will most likely come into fruition by december.

i am here to ask again for a piece of your mind.

i am not really focusing on being the most affordable or cheapest ESP. i just want to concentrate on quality of service. my question is this:
if you are a big corporation looking for an ESP, is the site attractive to you now seeing that we still give out free 2,000 emails which could mean we are gunning for small companies too?

another question.
we opened another service, email advertising/newsletter advertising. the platform allows those with newsletters to monetize their newsletters by placing text-based ads on their newsletters. they earn per valid click.
if you are an advertisers, then you can partner with us and we will look for newsletters that fit your products

my question is... should i put this under http://www.emercury.net or make it a separate entity altogether? right now, it's under emercury but i am not sure if it is better, branding and business wise, to keep it separate to keep messaging very focused.

here it is: http://www.emercury.net/learn-how/

nextgen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 21, 2013
Long Island, NY
I just setup my own white label program for my few clients that want to send out emails. Firstly, those prices make you sound like a greedy pig. $8 per thousand emails LOL. I buy 6,000,000 emails per year and only send $3,500 on it. Which is nothing. Stop being greedy fix your site and by the way you have a lot more competitors then mail chimp...also check out mailgun

In response to your questions...if I was a big corporation looking at your company no because your pricing is way way to high.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.