The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

College as a fastlane practice

GENT3861

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 11, 2012
Springfield, Massachusetts
Hey guys (and gals),
I am still in school as an accounting major, but I was thinking at my internship what it would be like to have a college for strictly entrepreneurial minded people. I don't mean like an entrepreneurship class, I mean like a college that only teaches you how to develop an idea or product. My education is so specialized and I wish I could get something more generalized like business. At the same time I love aspects of all the other disciplines at the school. Kinda a damned if i do damned if I don't type of thing. Education is a real buzz word and the price is huge for school. Just a thought, if someon started a private institution could it be fastlane?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Anyone can develop ideas. Anyone can create anything they want.
It isn't about Education. It's about knowledge and ambition.

Education is a buzzword for the "job market".

GENT3861

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 11, 2012
I understand its for the job market but as someone who is attempting to get a business off the ground and at the same time go to school and work, I am just saying it would be really beneficial to have more information about entrepreneurship from people who have actually been through it. Save time on mistakes.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
I understand its for the job market but as someone who is attempting to get a business off the ground and at the same time go to school and work, I am just saying it would be really beneficial to have more information about entrepreneurship from people who have actually been through it. Save time on mistakes.

Wow, Its funny I came across this post. I had this idea come to mind a couple months ago while sitting in traffic. I think I know what you mean. You are taking about a school that would teach entrepreneurs all the essential skills to be successful in starting there own business such as marketing, accounting, management, sales, Investing ect and avoid all the nonsense like general classes. If so that was the same idea that came to my mind. It is fastlane in my opinion. I know I would go if it was offered in Mass/RI.

* Bonus idea* - Classes could be taught by successful entrepreneurs that have already been there. Great idea in my opinion :thumbsup:

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Is there a demand for this service?

There is definitely magnitude as the average degree is 20K+

Please go over the CENTS principles before pursuing with this idea.
Its a great idea but is there a demand? How many people are true entrepreneurs? How many people will stick with it?
This is your N and S.

You have no control either, since the government sets the education standards required for colleges.

Last edited by a moderator:

GENT3861

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 11, 2012
ChrisBiz, exactly it would help to eliminate the BS like calculus. I am an accounting Major in Mass, and I am pretty sure I will never need to know in depth calc. Also @Jason that is what I planned on having happen. Looks like someone beat me too it. And I think I could get it to fit in the guidelines. I work as my college as an intern so I can find out the necessary requirements.

chrisbiz4444

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Aug 9, 2013
RI
The major problem or flaw with the idea that I see is the amount of start-up capital required to get it going.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
I think this kid from my alma mater will be fast lane.

[video=youtube;znYTmu2trKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znYTmu2trKE[/video]

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.