The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

China, self employed , work alot

Shenzhen-白头鹎

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2012
Shenzhen , china
Hi all,

Living in Shenzhen , China for the last 8 years. Won't get into all the details now. Can check out LinkedIn - Jamon yerger if interested.

Have a company here in OEM manufacturing in appearal and accessories. We basically help the
purchase of raw materials, organize production, and control quality. It does well, but takes up all my time for organization, coordination. China can be quite in unorganized and tricky. I have sourcers and a main purchaser to get things done. Yet,I'm still customer facing for production side, doing accounting, running my websites and coordinating developers... Oh yeah and started a podcast for my one cooperation.

I read fastlane and I was determined to keep this business, as it makes my cash but continue to expand my other business in order to create a scalable business model and free up my time. I picture Bali and surf board with my wife.

The niche is legal services for AND in China. For the last year, I have been studying different methods to Monetize my knowledge and resources.

Sometimes I feel like just don't have enough time in a day. I get up 7am to juice, excersise , walk to office at 9am there 'til 6:30 -7. Make something to eat and most evenings work until 11:30. I mean, man I am tired.

. I like to make sure I get my exercise and eat well.

I guess I am just belly aching. Is anyone else sometimes feel this way?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

futhey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 18, 2012
Belly Aching, uh oh, juice is problematic... >_<

Dezzamondo

Indefatigable
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 11, 2012
Worcester, UK
Welcome to the forum Shenzhen :)

I know that feeling very well, but make sure I squeeze in any spare time I can to focus on my own businesses. Whether its five minutes, a lunch break or an entire day, I make sure I get something done every day. Every little step towards a goal, is still a step towards it!

How about hiring someone to take over your role in your company? Getting someone in for a secondment or assistant/trainee manager would be a cheaper option, as well as giving you more spare time to look into other ventures.

Good luck & we'll see you on your journey!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Just sent you a linkedin friend request. I can always use additional contacts in Shenzhen!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Linkedin connect request sent....

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Hey, at least you r working for yourself. I loose 50-60hrs a week working for someone else then I manage to make do with the rest.

Shenzhen-白头鹎

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2012
Shenzhen , china
Welcome to the forum Shenzhen :)

I know that feeling very well, but make sure I squeeze in any spare time I can to focus on my own businesses. Whether its five minutes, a lunch break or an entire day, I make sure I get something done every day. Every little step towards a goal, is still a step towards it!

How about hiring someone to take over your role in your company? Getting someone in for a secondment or assistant/trainee manager would be a cheaper option, as well as giving you more spare time to look into other ventures.

Good luck & we'll see you on your journey!

I guess that is just it. Got to plug away at it .

I think I could look for GM and it would not cost me much. Just got to get them trained up.

Cheers!

Shenzhen-白头鹎

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2012
Shenzhen , china
Hey thanks ,

Bangkok is a great place. Beyond the tourism junk, I liked Bangkok's feel for living. I was there for a week after traveling, for the Bangkok hat frisbee tournament in Feb. this year.

somniloquist

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jun 8, 2012
Los Angeles
Hey there, white-headed... what kind of bird is that?? :)

I set up shop in Beijing in early 2011 and got out in early 2012. It was a short-lived and painful experience, and a lot of that stemmed from the financial and legal bureaucracy. Having a knowledgeable expat lawyer on the way out definitely made things easier, and I can see there's a lot of demand for good legal counsel. Talk about a cutthroat environment.

I just sent you a LI request. Happy to connect you to my other contacts in Beijing if helpful for you. If I re-enter that market it will be for durable goods manufacturing instead of software (my last attempt), so happy to have you in my network! :)

-Allen

Shenzhen-白头鹎

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2012
Shenzhen , china
Hi Somniloquist ,

It is a white-headed bulbul. A very common bird here in SZ, along with its other cousin Red-whiskered bulbul. I like to bird watch , it is nice to get out and get some quiet. A chance to tun off the brain and work.

I am sorry to hear about your experience in Beijing. China is a different beast in business. You def. have to keep your head on a swivel.

Glad to hear you are making another go at it. If you have any questions about goods let me know.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
I just got the job 2 months ago, I'm giving it 2 years.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...