The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Check your balls bros.

D

DeletedUser394

I seriously just had the worst week of my life. Barely able to function (I now know mostly due to stress related to what I'm about to talk about). As the symptoms compounded I became more and more stressed.

I promised myself that no matter what happened, I'd share the story regardless of how embarrassing or 'taboo' it may be.

Beginning of the week for whatever reason I decided to do a self check. Same exact principle as a woman would do when screening for breast cancer, except down bellow for us dudes.

Needless to say I found something, and it (life) pretty much went downhill from there. Up until that point I didn't really even know testicular cancer was a thing.

As a 21 year old male, I was right within the demographic. (Men aged 15-45) that are most prone to getting it. I didn't know this either.

So I immediately rang up my GP and was told he could only see me in 2 weeks. I like the guy a lot, but a 2 week wait for answers doesn't work for me.

Here's the timeline;

Sunday: Noticed the lump
Monday: Called doctor, he couldn't see me for 2 weeks, so I walked into a random clinic, paid cash, and basically got felt up by a woman I'd just met 30 seconds before.
I was then given a requisition for an ultrasound. I called up the diagnostic place, and they wanted to give me an appointment for June 10th because it was the closest to my house. Again, that shit didn't work for me. I was going to get answers now. So they found me a place within the city that could see me the next day.
Tuesday: Went for an ultrasound. Imagine an ultrasound that pregnant women get. Same exact thing, except on your balls. Not the most comfortable experience. The technician with the wand on your balls can't tell you what he/she sees on the screen for liability reasons.
Friday: Waiting in the waiting room for my results. Finally my turn to be called in. TOTALLY 100% BENIGN. I'm fine.

So within the span of 6 days I was able to get a conclusive answer by being proactive. Had I waited, I would still be waiting for at least 10 days just for the original consultation.

The entire experience was uncomfortable and embarrassing, but it was necessary to rule out anything 'ominous' (as my requisition stated).

If you notice ANY lumps or bumps get it checked immediately. Insist on an ultrasound. There's only a 4% chance it's actually malignant (tumor), but when caught early, testicular cancer is 95-100% curable. CURABLE. The longer you wait to get something checked out, the further it can spread and the worse the prognosis. Stage 3 is anywhere from 40%-70%+.

I'm a young guy. I know we tend to think we are invincible. If you find anything (even if it doesn't hurt, most tumors do not hurt), swallow your pride and get it checked out.

Odds are it's nothing serious, but if you put it off or think it will just go away, you may regret it.

It's not a sexy thing to talk about, but it's important.

Check your balls bros.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I agree! I've known a few people that have had cancer.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
yes its very important to not ignore anything health related... not many things get better or resolve by ignoring it.

guys and gals should be getting regular check ups (even self ones) and for the ladies regular pap smears. a few minutes of uncomfortableness can save your life.

back to the original post. thank you for sharing. and I am glad you and your balls got a clean bill of health ;) and kudos to you for being proactive for your testing and treatment. its 100% up to you to be your own advocate and ask questions. the medical professionals will kill you. for real. I cant even begin to tell you the kinds of medical nightmares I have been privy to...

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
A public service announcement.
Good job, kid.
Now, how about those colonoscopies?

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
In the last week, I've had two friends die from cancer. Definitely not something to play around with.

Glad you're ok, that must've been very scary.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
A public service announcement.
Good job, kid.
Now, how about those colonoscopies?
they suck! at least they give you good drugs :) I don't remember a thing ;)

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
There's only a 4% chance it's actually malignant (tumor),

Oh, statistics have never worked in my favor.

I got the wrong end of the deal. The cancer spread to my stomach. I had to do surgery then chemo after that.

And yes, its the hardest way for a man to swallow his pride.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
You just scared the shit about me.
I heard a song 2 days ago about somebody getting cancer and only having 3 weeks to live, out of nowhere.
I was up MOST of last night just thinking about it... which is super unlike me. I'm usually a positive carefree upbeat guy.

Now this.
You have no idea how in-knots your story made my stomach.
I'm so relieved for you. Thank god.

I'm also scared that the universe might be trying to tell me something.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I seriously just had the worst week of my life. Barely able to function (I now know mostly due to stress related to what I'm about to talk about). As the symptoms compounded I became more and more stressed.

I promised myself that no matter what happened, I'd share the story regardless of how embarrassing or 'taboo' it may be.

Beginning of the week for whatever reason I decided to do a self check. Same exact principle as a woman would do when screening for breast cancer, except down bellow for us dudes.

Needless to say I found something, and it (life) pretty much went downhill from there. Up until that point I didn't really even know testicular cancer was a thing.

As a 21 year old male, I was right within the demographic. (Men aged 15-45) that are most prone to getting it. I didn't know this either.

So I immediately rang up my GP and was told he could only see me in 2 weeks. I like the guy a lot, but a 2 week wait for answers doesn't work for me.

Here's the timeline;

Sunday: Noticed the lump
Monday: Called doctor, he couldn't see me for 2 weeks, so I walked into a random clinic, paid cash, and basically got felt up by a woman I'd just met 30 seconds before.
I was then given a requisition for an ultrasound. I called up the diagnostic place, and they wanted to give me an appointment for June 10th because it was the closest to my house. Again, that shit didn't work for me. I was going to get answers now. So they found me a place within the city that could see me the next day.
Tuesday: Went for an ultrasound. Imagine an ultrasound that pregnant women get. Same exact thing, except on your balls. Not the most comfortable experience. The technician with the wand on your balls can't tell you what he/she sees on the screen for liability reasons.
Friday: Waiting in the waiting room for my results. Finally my turn to be called in. TOTALLY 100% BENIGN. I'm fine.

So within the span of 6 days I was able to get a conclusive answer by being proactive. Had I waited, I would still be waiting for at least 10 days just for the original consultation.

The entire experience was uncomfortable and embarrassing, but it was necessary to rule out anything 'ominous' (as my requisition stated).

If you notice ANY lumps or bumps get it checked immediately. Insist on an ultrasound. There's only a 4% chance it's actually malignant (tumor), but when caught early, testicular cancer is 95-100% curable. CURABLE. The longer you wait to get something checked out, the further it can spread and the worse the prognosis. Stage 3 is anywhere from 40%-70%+.

I'm a young guy. I know we tend to think we are invincible. If you find anything (even if it doesn't hurt, most tumors do not hurt), swallow your pride and get it checked out.

Odds are it's nothing serious, but if you put it off or think it will just go away, you may regret it.

It's not a sexy thing to talk about, but it's important.

Check your balls bros.
Rep$ transferred

It's not sexy, it's not business related, and it's not a normal conversation to have on this forum, but being proactive about your own health definitely meets all but one of the CENTS commandments -you can't scale your balls, bro! It's also a nice example of taking the extra steps to execute what you plan to do when you want it, rather than just accepting the first answer given to you.

I'm glad you don't have to go through the pain of treatment.
Thanks for sharing this with us RK, and even more so for being committed to sharing, regardless of the outcome. I think that says a lot about you as a person and the community we have here.

Good stuff here @RichKid, you are the man!

Last edited by a moderator:

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Heh, just for kicks.

I'll buy the .com or .org if anyone wants it and will actually do something with it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 39

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Glad to hear you had the balls (pun intended!) to go through with it and even happier to hear that you are all clear.

Health is wealth!

S

stranger

I'm sorry for you. But this forum isn't about how you feel. Nobody cares of you.
Anyway, you aren't alone here.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
But this forum isn't about how you feel. Nobody cares of you.
Uhhh, what? Unless there was something lost in translation, I feel that you're wrong.

This forum has more of a community - almost family - feel than anywhere else on the Internet. I haven't met any of the people here in person (yet) and I take an interest in what's going on with them, especially a huge scare like this.

S

stranger

Uhhh, what? Unless there was something lost in translation, I feel that you're wrong.

This forum has more of a community - almost family - feel than anywhere else on the Internet. I haven't met any of the people here in person (yet) and I take an interest in what's going on with them, especially a huge scare like this.
OK. I'm really sorry. Think I should write my life story and get a ton of likes. Maybe I should write a whole book of myself and make 1000.000 bucks on its sales. LOL

I'm sorry for that guy. But my SORRY won't help him.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
OK. I'm really sorry. Think I should write my life story and get a ton of likes. Maybe I should write a whole book of myself and make 1000.000 bucks on its sales. LOL

Value comes in many forms. Being an a$$ for the sake of being an a$$ is not one of them.

apexstrat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 14, 2013
London, UK

Harsh.

In my opinion, this is as good a platform as any to share this message. I'm guessing that this forum is mostly male and in the "at risk" age group, so totally fair play to post it here.

Also, this should open peoples eyes to the frailty of life. You can spend your life in the slow lane, and then one day go the the ultra sound the perhaps the results don't come back as you'd have liked, will it all have been worth it? You only get one shot at this, better make it count.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013

This is a good way to get customers for your web design, and also a good way to get help from people when you need it.

G

GuestUser113

I'm sorry for you. But this forum isn't about how you feel. Nobody cares of you.
Anyway, you aren't alone here.

What is your problem bro? seriously. Are you still butthurt about the copywriter incident? https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/im-looking-for-a-copywriter.52452/

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland

There is no reason to be an a$$. I know sorrys wont help but at least hes open and talking about it.
I have went through the same myself found a lump - went to the doctor - had an ultrasound to find out its just a bit of fatty tissue.
But still this thread even if he gets one guy to consider having a "feel" later and finds something he could have potentially saved a life.

D

DeletedUser394

Don't mind @stranger. I never actually understood why he's here. He's constantly on a slowlane/hater tangent. (Read some recent post history if you fancy a laugh).

Back to topic. Fact is, before this experience I was completely ignorant about a lot of things. Namely health and the things that are most important to me.

We live as if we are immortal, but sometimes life smacks you back into reality.

My priorities were out of whack. Do I want to make a ton of money if it means pushing relationships with family and friends to the side? Never again.

I decided to raise awareness over an issue that I never really knew existed.

I'm here to share my life experiences so that others can learn from both my successes and massive failures (of which there have been many). I learn a lot from people that choose to post about what they're doing, how their feeling, and how they react and adapt to life's challenges.

As someone mentioned above, the primary demographic of this forum are males in the exact age range where this strikes most prevalent.. and yet most people don't know about it, because so few people are comfortable talking about it.

I choose not to drink the hater-aide. Especially after receiving the best news of my life yesterday. Ain't nobody bringing me down! ;)

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013

No one would buy it because you're a shitty writer. Who should I listen to? The stats below speak for themselves.

RichKid Stats:
Speed Points:545
Rep Bank:$3,047

Stranger Stats:
Speed Points:69
Rep Bank:$184

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
No one would buy it because you're a shitty writer. Who should I listen to? The stats below speak for themselves.

RichKid Stats:
Speed Points:545
Rep Bank:$3,047

Stranger Stats:
Speed Points:69
Rep Bank:$184
After 3 years he should have learned how to play nice.

S

stranger

This is a good way to get customers for your web design, and also a good way to get help from people when you need it.
I don't need help from strangers like you. If you have a problem with your business ask for donation, and I'll be the 1st who give you a couple of bucks, bro.

That topic isn't about me or my F*cking business. So, you better help that guy than discuss about my posts.

parkerscott

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 4, 2013
I don't need help from strangers like you. If you have a problem with your business ask for donation, and I'll be the 1st who give you a couple of bucks, bro.

That topic isn't about me or my F*cking business. So, you better help that guy than discuss about my posts.

You said the topic isnt about you, yet you felt the need to chime in, and make the topic about you.

Also I wouldnt accept a donation on your behalf :)

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
You said the topic isnt about you, yet you felt the need to chime in, and make the topic about you.

Also I wouldnt accept a donation on your behalf :)
I would, who am i to knock back free money lol.

S

stranger

After 3 years he should have learned how to play nice.
Yeah, I've started to understand Americans much more for these 3 years. And I understand your needs too.
Sorry, I've broken your positive thoughts. lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.