The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can your IQ SCORE cap your ability ?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Another short story...

A few years ago I was a trainer for a contract security company. I was selected for a promotion to a Junior manager position. All managers had to take a couple of tests. One was intelligence and the other personality.

I handed my test to my manager a few minutes before my time was up. He asked, "what's wrong?" "Nothing, I'm done." "Are you sure? No one ever finishes that test." "Well, I did." "I hope you did okay."

A few days later he calls me back into his office. "Corporate wants you to take the test again, with me watching." "Why, what's wrong?" "They called bullshit. You scored higher than our senior VP's." "Okay, bring it on."

So I took it again and of course got the promotion.

Six months later, I quit. Citing too much work for too little pay.

What's the point?
Absolutely nothing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
Damn, I love those short stories. Always gets the point across so well.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Another short story...

A few years ago I was a trainer for a contract security company. I was selected for a promotion to a Junior manager position. All managers had to take a couple of tests. One was intelligence and the other personality.

I handed my test to my manager a few minutes before my time was up. He asked, "what's wrong?" "Nothing, I'm done." "Are you sure? No one ever finishes that test." "Well, I did." "I hope you did okay."

A few days later he calls me back into his office. "Corporate wants you to take the test again, with me watching." "Why, what's wrong?" "They called bullshit. You scored higher than our senior VP's." "Okay, bring it on."

So I took it again and of course got the promotion.

Six months later, I quit. Citing too much work for too little pay.

What's the point?
Absolutely nothing.
Story of my life.

Spartan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 3, 2014
What does it matter what your IQ score is? At the end of the day, your either successful or you aren't. If you think you're not a genius, go out and set an example for others that normal people can make it to. The energy created from being the underdog has catapulted people to overcome insurmountable odds.

Also, the sooner people realize life isn't fair, the better. Just remember that you ALWAYS have it better than someone else, and there will ALWAYS be a person that has gone through more obstacles than you have to achieve success. Put excuses aside and get to work.

I read this from "The Compound Effect" yesterday,

"Every single person is self made, but only the successful people take credit for it".

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Off the top of my head I know a few people that probably wouldn't score a point on a IQ test. But these people i'm thinking about are millionaires.

Thats what pretty much annoyed me in school ; if you want a "Good" job or life you had to pass these tests and get near perfect scores.
30-40 years ago people just got hired irregardless of their qualifications they learned the skills to do the job.
Now of days all these Uni graduates struggle to find work its nonsense.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I have met two billionaires in my life.

That quote, it just stuck out, lol. Billionaires make up a very small percentage of the entire world's population, so that's a rare encounter.

Are you willing to share their names?

Cruor Vult

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Feb 18, 2014
That quote, it just stuck out, lol. Billionaires make up a very small percentage of the entire world's population, so that's a rare encounter.

Are you willing to share their names?

In some jobs, it's not that rare to meet someone who controls values of a thousand million dollars. It can be enough to work at a company he owns. These were both meetings where I was present and did shake hands with the rich dude. I gave a presentation at one of them. One German guy, one Scandinavian.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
In some jobs, it's not that rare to meet someone who controls values of a thousand million dollars. It can be enough to work at a company he owns. These were both meetings where I was present and did shake hands with the rich dude. I gave a presentation at one of them. One German guy, one Scandinavian.

That makes sense, awesome! My guesses would be, someone who is affiliated with IKEA and someone who is affiliated with BMW ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.