The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Can you make money with Clickbank + Facebook Ads?

SameerElvis

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Feb 7, 2013
Aligarh, India
Hi Fastlaners,

I am basically a web designer & developer with basic IM skills - I have used Adwords to sell my own services in the past successfully.

I was wondering if it would be a viable idea to promote Clickbank products through Facebook ads and make money as an affiliate? I know this is probably been done to death and might be ultra competitive but I need a validation for this before I jump into it right away.

I need a few basic pointers like what categories to avoid, what categories might be the best, any other tips and if you could point me to any info source regarding Clickbank / Facebook and stuff that would be great.

I will be putting up a progress thread tomorrow or whenever I start out with my Clickbank + FB campaign in here. :)

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

z6Evolved

[Danger Zone]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jun 25, 2014
VAB
I made a lot of money with facebook ads over the years when I was still regularly active in the IM community. Clickbank products were some of the hardest to monetize, in my opinion. A better way to promote a product like that would be to find a very specific niche, create a facebook group for that niche, and provide enough basic value (links to articles, videos, how-tos, giveaways, etc) to gain some momentum and fans. Once you have a fanbase, you can drop the occasional targeted offer directly (we used to like to do this by putting up a random blog post on blogger or wordpress.com that was unconnected to our "brand" and link to it, so if people complained you have the option to claim you were just linking to a blog post) or buy FB ads only targeting your group members for a fraction of the price of regular targeted ads and push it that way.

It's still hard to convert on Clickbank products this way, but it's a ton easier than just slapping up ads everywhere and praying.

A better idea is to build that foundation with a group, and while providing your value-added content to gain followers, determine what that niche is really looking for and produce your own info product to meet it. This way, instead of a commission you make a profit, and since it's digital you'll have next to no overhead. Throw it up on a site that will handle the transactions for you (eJunkie comes to mind, if they're even still around - I have no idea, I've been out of the game for a while) and promote it the same way you'd promote anything else to the group.

You can really scale this for anything, not just info products. Software, physical products, services - whatever your core group needs, you can provide it. I know a lot of big-name internet marketers made a killing doing exactly this a few years back. I've dabbled with it myself and if you hit the right niche, and identify the right problem, you can make a lot of money with very little effort. The best part is that once you build that Facebook group, you essentially have a license to print money, because as long as you keep providing legitimate value and not just pushing offers or products, your group will grow, and people will keep buying products or services. And as it grows, you can promote older offers again, since there will be new eyeballs to see them. It really pays in spades over the long haul.

SameerElvis

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Feb 7, 2013
Aligarh, India
z6Evolved: Thanks for that awesome tip man, I guess Facebook groups / fan pages are the new lists of the IM industry now? I wonder though if you could point me to any resource that tells me how to create a popular facebook group / page - and do you recommend paid promotion of this page itself to gather the first few 1000 likes or so?

z6Evolved

[Danger Zone]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jun 25, 2014
VAB
It depends on your budget and how much time you're willing to spend growing the group. If you have more time than money, go to forums and blogs for the niche and post content they'd care to see, and stick a link in your signature to the group. If you're bringing value to the table people will join. I used to contact the owners of similar groups or blogs/forums and ask them to give the group a shout out in their next post. A lot of people will do it for the same reason - to add value to their own page/blog/etc.

As for resources, you can't beat my buddy Finch when it comes to this stuff. He has a blog over at FinchSells.com and I think he has some older posts on the topic. I know one of his "Premium Posts" covers it in detail but I don't remember which one, it's been ages since I read anything industry related. But if you browse his back posts I'm sure you'll pick up something. Aside from that, you could try any number of internet marketing forums or blogs but really he was the go-to guy for that stuff when I was doing it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.