The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business to Business Marketing...am I doing it right?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Torrey

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 5, 2012
Ok. So my business caters to other businesses. I sell a service to small businesses in my local area that I plan to scale as soon as I get momentum.

I believe the demand is there based on my experiences so far.

My question is, what approach should I be taking to effectively market to my clients?

I am assuming that in the beginning stage, "pounding the pavement" and getting my name out there is probably the most efficient. This would entail going from potential client to pot. client and addressing the owner specifically with my service.

Anything else I could be doing? Anything else I can do to optimize the strategy I am already taking? All advice is generously appreciated.

Thank you,
Torrey

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I believe the demand is there based on my experiences so far.

What does this mean? Does this mean you have customers handing you their credit card? Or are they just saying "Hey I'd buy that".

Get the money bro. The money is the truth.

My question is, what approach should I be taking to effectively market to my clients?

The answer largely depends on the niche that you're serving. Some businesses respond better to phone calls. Some respond better to snail mail. Some respond better to e-mail.

My advice: be like a scientist and test different marketing strategies to find which one works best. Once you have that figured out, work your a$$ off to get the ice cream.

EDIT: Are you superman? I see your avatar about to bust out the shirt to save a damsel in distress.

Torrey

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 5, 2012
@IceCreamKid. Several clients with credit cards. But I haven't really advertised my services yet, hence my OP.

Spent no more than $50 in branding and fliers to get my business running, so these next few weeks I will be getting my name out there.

I like your approach to treating it like a laboratory. A little trial and error (well a lot actually) I think will go a long way.

Thanks for the feedback.

P.s. Big fan of your Ice Cream thread by the way.

P.s.s. and ya that was the pic I used to score the ladies on my dating profile lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.