The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a need-based internet business

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Last edited:

AgonI

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Jul 9, 2012
Saint Louis
theag I had one more question. How much does it cost your lead to buy the affiliate product? If you are getting only 50$ I am sure your affiliate is making tons of money from those customers as you've already said.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
:inpain:

Last edited:

Chris_Willow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 8, 2012
EU
You mentioned sending the emails from gmail, is that right?
If so, this is one of the reasons your unsolicited mailings are not considered as spam and I would imagine most of them are actually delivered to recipients' inbox's.

I have a friend who started out her graphic design business pretty much the same way- getting emails off of a business listing site and sending personal messages via gmail. Needless to say, it worked very well.

Great thread by the way :)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Last edited:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Not sure what you mean (do you think theres less or more time required or do you think these theories are bullshit at all?), but don't take the title (and what I wrote about it) so literally. I just wanted to grab some attention with it and didn't want to name this thread "my progress thread".

Skill mastery seems to be more complicated than just putting in hours.

I got deja vu just now because I remember snowbank had said this before and I had responded with this before...

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Last edited:

pdog

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 22, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Check out zoho crm as it has a free option - you could start putting new leads in there and move the old ones (or just the customers for now) later. One nice feature is the email template feature - it will drop in the data from custom fields into the email. Since it sounds like you use email in the early prospecting stages I thought I'd point that out for you.

Viel gluck!

Cheers,
Peter

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Last edited:

pdog

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 22, 2012
Kelowna, BC
So I don't know if the custom fields will actually be helpful for me. Will have a closer look at it when I have some spare time!

Yes before you send it you have the chance to edit and further customize your email. Using a template just makes it easier to get started. I'm confident you'll like it. I don't think you need to pay until you want more advanced features or more users on your account.

So give it a shot.

37signals stuff is good. I've used basecamp in the past. Their ebook is very good for any startups with tips like "say no to 90% of customer feature requests :)".

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Last edited:

Rerun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 7, 2012
Depending how complex the product you are selling is (i.e. if you don't have the resources or skill to build/run your own product), another thing you can consider is to partner with one of the existing companies as a white label distributor. In some cases they may already have a white label programs in place, but you can also strike up private deals. That way you handling the billing and it's your brand, but they deliver the service, customer service, and other headaches.

Just a thought...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Last edited:

alexs

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 5, 2012
Cologne, Germany
First off - great thread and topic!

Since I have usually tried to build businesses with things that I love (and they were therefore not Fastlane) I decided to change my approach. And I changed my belief that the product needs to be absolutely unique that no one has done it before. Now I am looking for pain points that have immediate benefit to the customer and can be used right away. This takes away the pressure to hard close the sale.

I was thinking about questioning my intended prospects first via email for their pain points and develop a product that matches their needs.

So as I read this thread the following questions came to my mind and I would be glad if you could answer them:

1) How did you know that the product that you found would be such a needed asset? How did you find that product? Since it seems to apply to a large set of different domains I assume you have no in-depth knowledge of needs for these domains!?

2) I found some examples on writing emails to unknown prospects but since I am also from Germany they sounded very "cheesy" in my ears. How did you come up with the title and copy writing of your emails? Did you split-test them or what was your approach?

3) With your follow-up calls did you prepare a script or list of questions to ask / responses to most common questions or do you develop this as you go along?

Dilshad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jan 16, 2013
This is so amazing, it's like I am rich back home but I don't know how to invest my million dollars. If anyone knows, do tell.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.