The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Brother Dead, Girlfriend Broke up, Working A Wage Slavery Job... F*ck This.

Felix Nachem

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Apr 5, 2022
Switzerland
Hey. My name is Felix and I'm a 23 year old from Switzerland.

It's been now 3 years since I've read MJ DeMarcos book TMF and I've done nothing.

My brother overdosed on some drugs a couple of months ago and he died.

I work on a Subway fast food chain so I can pay my bills, and despite having a psychotic boss, it is a pretty chill job.

My gf of 2 years and I currently broke up and I've just remembered how much I've missed not having the script shout in my ear 24/7.

"Get a Job!", "Go study!", "How can you live like this?"

I wasn't doing entirely nothing:
- I was a web design freelancer for a year but quit
- I was a vocal mixer for a rapper, quit that also
- I've tried to build a personal brand, bought a course, but also quit
- I've tried to build a hooka delivery system with my friend(don't ask) but we never started

The only thing I have kept is the web design and copywriting skills(and also how to get traffic on twitter).

I'm Reading "Unscripted " again and I feel F*cking miserable.

I'm so F*cking angry at myself of not doing more.

Not working harder.

Currently I'm nowhere near of achieving my goals and I've been struggling to get out of bed sometimes.

If I don't change then what is ahead of me is a miserable and mediocre life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
566%
Apr 17, 2022
First and foremost, I am really sorry that you have experienced this tragedy.

I hope you will recover. Your brother wants the best for you.

Do not disappoint him.

Welcome to the 90% of people club.

Most people wear rose-tinted glasses when looking at the past - the glorious days of endless opportunity where we could have done more, but we didn't.

This is a scam, a lie, and a fallacy.

Hard work was, is, and will always be F*ckING HARD.

Are you really sorry for not doing more in the past? Have you truly learned your lesson?

Don't say any words - prove it by doing the F*cking work TODAY.

Or else, tomorrow will be unforgiving.

Vntonio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 18, 2023
Earth
You are right with most of the statements. And yes, you should feel bad about them.

But as life is and it will never be fair, also no one will care about you until you win big, you should ask yourself:
-Why do I quit?

Lack of results? Lack of passion/interest? Not doing it long enough?

On top of that, you should get rid of all the social media gurus who told you to pick X to make big chunks of money, as 99% of them are making money from preaching and selling you something.
I don't say Y thing isn't working, it's just not that easy, and also you won't make that amount of 30-50-100k a month of those says.

One thing you should be grateful for living in a top-tier country. You are already of most of the people who are from India, Africa, and other poor countries. So unless you are homeless, you are already fine. And if you are, this should be an awake moment where you have to pick yourself up.

I don't think anyone on this forum can help you and/or give you the formula for getting better as some will say: find a need and solve it. Find someone with a small problem and then find another with a bigger problem. Some will say to get a job (better paid) and work there until your side hustle/business makes you a shitload of money.

The truth is no one has your map, it's just their map being wrapped as a piece of advice.

Felix Nachem

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Apr 5, 2022
Switzerland
First and foremost, I am really sorry that you have experienced this tragedy.

I hope you will recover. Your brother wants the best for you.

Do not disappoint him.

Welcome to the 90% of people club.

Most people wear rose-tinted glasses when looking at the past - the glorious days of endless opportunity where we could have done more, but we didn't.

This is a scam, a lie, and a fallacy.

Hard work was, is, and will always be F*ckING HARD.

Are you really sorry for not doing more in the past? Have you truly learned your lesson?

Don't say any words - prove it by doing the F*cking work TODAY.

Or else, tomorrow will be unforgiving.
Thanks, this just made my day.

One of the biggest mind opening things I've read was the kaizen-principle from the book and I'm using it everyday.

Comparing myself to others was a big mistake because everybody got a different journey.

I need to compare myself to myself from yesterday.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for the introduction, so sorry to hear about your brother.

You would honor him in your happiness.

As for the GF, she probably did you a favor. She demanded more. And you know YOU demand more from yourself.

Also, may I ask what your avatar is from? A movie?

"School sucks" and "F*ck work" are two life philosophies that will have you living a life of HARD, waiting tables or living homeless under a bridge. The ideas seem cool and rebellious, but they're not.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

It's been now 3 years since I've read MJ DeMarcos book TMF and I've done nothing.

I work on a Subway fast food chain so I can pay my bills, and despite having a psychotic boss, it is a pretty chill job.

My gf of 2 years and I currently broke up and I've just remembered how much I've missed not having the script shout in my ear 24/7.

- I've tried to build a hooka delivery system with my friend(don't ask) but we never started

The only thing I have kept is the web design and copywriting skills(and also how to get traffic on twitter).

Not working harder.

Currently I'm nowhere near of achieving my goals and I've been struggling to get out of bed sometimes.

Sorry to hear what happened to your brother.

You don’t have an obligation to live your live to fulfill someone else’ expectation.

But if your gf didn’t love you she wouldn’t give you benefit of doubt for two years.

There is never too late to take massive actions. Time is on your side.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Felix Nachem

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Apr 5, 2022
Switzerland
Thanks for the introduction, so sorry to hear about your brother.

You would honor him in your happiness.

As for the GF, she probably did you a favor. She demanded more. And you know YOU demand more from yourself.

Also, may I ask what your avatar is from? A movie?

"School sucks" and "F*ck work" are two life philosophies that will have you living a life of HARD, waiting tables or living homeless under a bridge. The ideas seem cool and rebellious, but they're not.

Hey MJ.

Thanks for these kind words and as for the profile picture you're right, this doesn't represent what I'm working on (Changed it).

Also reading your books is life changing, and it changed mine despite having a bad time atm.

Frances Kelleher

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jan 24, 2024

Not working harder.

I m so sorry to hear bout your brother, I will light a candle for you and him.The right girl will come ,give it time ,you re young!You ve time to do it all.
You can do this .step by step.Stop beating yourself up and instead be kind to your self.Be your own best friend. Start trusting ,believing, and start trusing yourself. Give your best to this day..Live in the now and plan for the future ,that's all any of us are doing and can do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...