The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bought Money Mastery

AntEmpire

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 4, 2015
How do you think society would look if everyone was self employed/started their own business? What would be the costs not having employees?

It would be a bad deal, no doubt.

As they often say on the Internet, we need people to mop the floors, take out the trash, and attend mindless meetings.

That's why I'm grateful for people who think like you.

Makes it easier to pursue a fastlane life knowing there will be plenty of people available to work for me.

Keep up the good work!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
To get back on topic...

I bought Money as well. Haven't finished it yet - and yes, it's Slowlane centered, as is most of the world in general - but it's a fairly good primer to money and from looking through it there could be some pretty good information for holding on to your wealth (for the not so money literate Fastlaners). It seems like a decent book, just getting a lot of hate here for the Slowlane perspective.

Let us know what you think when you're done reading it, Luffy. It's slow going for me - I have some books that I'm trying to finish first before getting started on it.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Luffy, I admire your sportsmanship in this thread.

I hope you stick with this forum, take action, have success, and let us know about your progress. :)
I hope so too if I don't get removed before that.
It would be a bad deal, no doubt.

As they often say on the Internet, we need people to mop the floors, take out the trash, and attend mindless meetings.

That's why I'm grateful for people who think like you.

Makes it easier to pursue a fastlane life knowing there will be plenty of people available to work for me.

Keep up the good work!
That's interesting, I actually think in the future people will be forced to become entrepreneurs or work under one, jobs like cleaning, taking out trash etc will be automated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

AntEmpire

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 4, 2015
I hope so too if I don't get removed before that.
That's interesting, I actually think in the future people will be forced to become entrepreneurs or work under one, jobs like cleaning, taking out trash etc will be automated.

Yeah, I've heard something similar said before. And with the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if that turns out true.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
tough-guy-cat.jpg

OzzieRob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 3, 2013
Perth, Australia
Here is an extract from James Caan's book who is one of the Dragons Den members and also one of the wealthiest men in Britain.

He joined YPO which is a networking oganisation that brings together the most succssful operators of their generation.
YPO membership is forums made of CEO's who meet every 6 weeks to discuss their businesses, plans and options.

He got talking to an American living in London who flew back to San Francisco every six weeks for his forum meeting.

James: " Why don't you just join a London forum?"
American CEO: " You haven't joined a forum have you?"
James: "How can you tell?"
American CEO: "You just wouldn't have asked the question if you had"

In business you may be so concerned about your customers, your competitors, your staff that you don't often think of yourself.

Belonging to the TMF has value and will help you make decisions that are right for you and help you to understand to talk to other forum members who understand the burdens of running a business.

So often when you run a business you don't want to discuss your problems with anyone as you will worry them or it is commercially sensitive.

James went on to say that since signing up for a forum he has missed only one meeting since.

James: "No matter what position i find myself in someone in the foum has been there first. No matter what stage you're at in life, having a support network of allies is incredibly valuable".

Thank you MJ for letting me be a member of your great forum : )

Cheers
Rob

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!