The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Book on how to understand her ?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
That's what RSD is selling. Sure, success and good looks are overrated, but you're wildly overreaching if you argue that they're completely ineffectual.

Am I?

How many women have you approached? How many days in a week do you go out? etc. etc.

Here's the deal. If you are a 6'4 built guy, who has extremely good looks, inherited money from your parents and girls are going after you (although this may not be the ones you want), then you don't have to bother with any of this stuff.

As a human you are very comfortable and there is no need to try and get this area of your life handled.

If you are someone who is sitting in a basement and watching movies, the only references to the real world you will have are those movies. Which is why saying something like "money is 100% ineffective to getting women" is so out of your world that your natural reaction will be to deny any such claims.

What does mainstream tell us to get rich? "go to school, get a good job and retire with millions @ 65+"

what does mainstream tell us to get women "get jacked, get money and get the babe"

How is reality played out?

- find a need, makes sure its scales, effect millions and make millions within 3-5 years

- approach a shit ton of women, read a bit on social dynamics/psychology to solidify the understandings of what you are doing and be able to attract the exact types of women you want to be with in 2+ years.

On top of that, I had a friend who is tall, jacked (never hits the gym - just pure amazing genes) and he is probably the absolute worst at getting women in his life.

I also have a friend who has a big stomach, looks like hes 50+ (hes 26) and has amazing success.

I could go on about this all day, but unless you go out there is no way what I am saying will come of as believable.

I linked RSD because they are the only company who doesn't use canned routines and focuses on bettering yourself.

Let's not confuse getting a girl with having a relationship, where you have to be authentic and it is real work sometimes.

My advice- find (foreign) girls from good families with strong values.

Being authentic is what will get you the girl in the first place, so only if you change ("for her") will the relationship not work.

Your preference may be a girl with strong values from a foreign country, however someone else's might be the exact opposite.

Another place to look learn about what women find attractive to is maybe the more intelligent part of "Pick Up" scene.
Although I could name a couple of names, I expect some of the other guys on here have good recommendations.
(As a female, I find PU theory interesting and insightful but haven't studied it with intent!)

Yeah, solid advice. Although just like with everything the majority of people who get involved with these things just sit at home reading about it or watching videos.

They are also the ones then complaining and bitching that what is being said isn't possible.

It's best to get out there and meet a ton of women and then go to a few places where you can internalize what you learned within the interactions you had.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I kept trying to stay away from this conversation but there is something that I feel I need to say...

There is a lot of conflicting advice in this conversation.

Why?

Because I don't think the original poster clearly stated what his goal really is.

If you want to get laid, there is an approach. Some books point to that.

If you want a long term relationship, the advice is completely different. Other type of books point you in that direction.

Unless that is clear to everybody, you will getting this arguments that will probably leave you more confused than when you started.

By the way I read it, you are looking to understand women in general better and I assume this is about long term relationships, but tell us, which is it?

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Just to clarify. "Long-term" = more than 2 weeks. Give or take a week.

HenryDicks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 19, 2011
I agree with your post, but I do think there can be some real value in advice about women given by women.

Sure, I can agree with that. I've had female friends give me horrible advice like "She doesn't like you? Be super romantic, it won't come across obsessive and stalkerlike!" as well as great advice like "When you solve her problems, you make her feel like your daughter, not your girlfriend", so it all depends on the source and circumstance.

I linked RSD because they are the only company who doesn't use canned routines and focuses on bettering yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to trash the guys, it's just that there are numbers apart from 0% and 100%. If you haven't already, you might enjoy reading the Book of Pook, which describes how his effect on women changed once he started exercising. The rest of the book isn't that bad, either, especially the part about jobs and attractiveness.

True, fat and broke people can also date great women, but why would you? Work on yourself and the world will work for you.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Great responses guys, well just learn what they want, but its more than clear that they have no clue what they want. Im talking about long term relationships. I was just trying to read some books and keep learning its not because, and yes I do approach women

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Look at their needs.

In short if you can show your a Rich, don't give a F, charming, fun, sexual guy who can create a rapport, Your golden.

Tetras

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Feb 15, 2013
RSD is junk IMO. I have been around the pickup scene and it has done nothing but hurt me. Its a bunch of BS that sells vulnerable men the fact that being a PUA. No self respecting man that was good with women has ever called themselves a PUA, unless they were selling an ebook or thousands of dollars worth of bootcamps.

I have watched a little bit of RSD's videos and promptly deleted them. They're long winded and boring. Not for me anyway. If you want to get good with girls, just make friends with a promoter, or go out and talk to them, not read a bunch of long winded "this works for me, and my friends" junk.

If you want to understand girls, be friend with girls and talk to them, and ask them for advice. They aren't gonna give good advice all the time, but at least its from a girl's perspective so you can understand them, same way I don't believe in gun control but talking to people I can understand their reasoning and make my own assumptions.

For every time I have read about how looks don't matter, I see the opposite and in my life at least, it is not true. No girl ends up with someone who is hideous.

Besides RSD there is the mystery method (do guys lie more than girls?) and some other stuff like Ross Jefferies (subliminally make her like you, use the power of of NLP) there has been an influx of men who don't cater to the same scene. Most of them focus on making your life better so girls will like you more, and doing more fun stuff you enjoy. I'm not gonna advertise them, one in particular helped me, and the tl;dr of that is if she holds your hand she likes you.

I agree with thetruth that you should be yourself, and let a girl like you for you. I liked my girl more than she liked me, now I have to keep her liking me. I have a slowlane girl who goes out, spends her money like a 50yo at a strip club, and that I waste money on. Goodie. :p

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Great responses guys, well just learn what they want, but its more than clear that they have no clue what they want. Im talking about long term relationships. I was just trying to read some books and keep learning its not because, and yes I do approach women

I disagree.. you just need to go and see for yourself, but open yourself to the idea that you don't really know until you went and did it.

you just thought and read about it.

Hans im Glueck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 15, 2013
Amsterdam
RSD is junk IMO
RSD is intentionally polarizing in an attempt to be remarkable (Their boss is into Seth Godin's stuff). In my case, it's the only pickup advice that DOESN'T make me cringe.

To OP: If you're not weirded out by a little bit of spiritual woo woo talk, I recommend "The way of the superior man". It's about the dynamics between masculine and feminine polarity.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
I've read through quite a bit of pickup material and found the below two books to be the most helpful. Eliminate your neediness.

Models: Attract Women Through Honesty: Mark Manson: 9781463750350: Amazon.com: Books

No More Mr. Nice Guy!: Robert A. Glover: 9780762415335: Amazon.com: Books

*edit, forgot about Way of the Superior Man that Hans recommended above. Very good book as well.

Amazon.com: The Way of the Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work, and Sexual Desire (0600835090681): David Deida: Books

Tetras

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Feb 15, 2013
RSD is intentionally polarizing in an attempt to be remarkable (Their boss is into Seth Godin's stuff). In my case, it's the only pickup advice that DOESN'T make me cringe.

They all are. Everyone either likes or hates them. What do you find appealing about it? There are plenty of smaller ones like Mark Manson besides the regular ones like Neil Stauss and Ross Jefferies.

All the ones that are mentioned in the game are just... ugh.

Hans im Glueck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 15, 2013
Amsterdam
Well I guess it's just a polarizing subject lol. I find appealing about RSD that they focus on the hilarity/absurdity of it all as opposed to taking it as seriously as most of the others.

They take the polarizing nature of the subject and make fun of it by playing it to the hilt. One of them drives a creepy looking van which he calls the "Consexual sex in the missionary position for the sole purpose of reproduction -van" (or something to that extent.) Also it seems that they're the only ones who constantly kept evolving and still do. (I haven't followed any of the others so I might be wrong). They keep pushing the limits because they actually see it as a fun, lighthearted GAME, and not as work you have to do so you can finally find a girl.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
What are some top books to understand women ?

People are individuals. If you want to generalize, then, sure get a book, just don't be surprised if you get someone completely unremarkable as a result. Be yourself and and don't censor your thoughts or your speech. Be genuine, don't pretend, unless you just want to have fun, then disregard everything and play the "numbers game". Everything in life is a numbers game first, quality game second.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Never had any problem finding a boyfriend throughout my life either (I'm now happily married)...but here's the thing....I think it was because I was never looking for one. I was too busy living my life happily single...and they would just "appear".

As a woman you don't have to be looking for one, guys are the ones that approach, so the only thing you have to do is to choose. Trust me, you wouldn't want to be in man's shoes, the amount of rejection you have to bear on a daily basis would eat your soul and self esteem in about a week.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
Just like money doesn't buy happiness, it cannot buy love. However, it can buy you freedom and what you choose to do with that freedom is up to you.

Being rich (the money) doesn't necessarily make you more attractive to women but the self esteem/confidence and pride you feel because you made it will.

Manu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Apr 9, 2012
Spain
What are some top books to understand women ? As far as how they think, what they like, how they like guys to be bla bla bla wouldn't hurt to know a little more

I actually recommend you my book: The Three Behaviors

And by the way, I'm not a guru, nor a PUA/seduction coach nor anything like that. I just wrote this single book to get off my chest a lot stuff I learned along the way of improving my skills when it came to attracting and getting women in my life, just because I SUCKED at it. And I tried to explain it in the most efficient way. I mean it contains what I needed to know just like MJ's book has what he would have loved to know when he was in his teens... and that's why I think it's useful to other people. And yes, I'm self promoting the book but I rarely do, I just tell you because I honestly think it's VERY accurate and useful.

If you just want general knowledge about how attraction works, in a broad, non-application, scientific way, I recommend you A Billion Wicked Thoughts, a gem based on a very recent study. Long, but very worth the time.

I hope I helped you ;)

Michael Ten

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 14, 2013
Earth
You want to understand women? Why not watch the movie The Man Who Loved Women. Watch the old one and the newer one. The message that you might gain from the movies is probably more implicit than explicit.

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
I HAVE THE ANSWER!

There is a collection of books that can help!
Even MJ has read them (see picture of him below reading volume 5 of the encyclopedia set)

main-qimg-48ba5f6593a59d60f90b355a452e18e7

:smx2:

santa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 15, 2011
UK
Someone forwarded me a video by these guys called "Drama" or something by a guy called Julien who works for these. Watch it and tell me if that doesnt make you cringe.
Some of the advice may be help, but some also very damaging and potentially put men in a new type of "ratrace"
There's better out there if you dont just want to become a d*ck and/or stay up late in clubs all the time imo

Hans im Glueck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 15, 2013
Amsterdam
Someone forwarded me a video by these guys called "Drama" or something by a guy called Julien who works for these. Watch it and tell me if that doesnt make you cringe.
Dunno which video you mean. Personally I avoid drama as much as possible and it's certainly not needed to get girls. There's no doubt that they're drawn to it however.

RobertDodd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Feb 20, 2013
Reading these books changed my life:

The Way of the Superior Man (amazon)
The Book Of Pook (FREE - link)

These two books are deep. They talk about mastering your life and sexuality, and being a MAN at the deepest level. They talk about your dreams, freedom, relationships and life. They should be mandatory for ALL young men!

In a way these books are better than The Millionaire Fastlane . We strive for money because we want freedom, and freedom is born of being a MAN. Men have been fighting for freedom since the dawn of time!

These books started me down the path of serious self improvement, I highly recommend them. They came highly recommended to me by others whose lives they had changed.

edit: The book of pook is actually a collection of posts by a member of a forum. They collected his best posts and compiled them into a book.

RobertDodd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Feb 20, 2013
There is a lot of conflicting advice in this conversation.

Why?

Because I don't think the original poster clearly stated what his goal really is.

If you want to get laid, there is an approach. Some books point to that.

If you want a long term relationship, the advice is completely different. Other type of books point you in that direction.

Unless that is clear to everybody, you will getting this arguments that will probably leave you more confused than when you started.

He may want all three. I know I did myself, before.

I believe a completely free man will live all three as naturally as breathing. No thinking. The two books I recommended above are about being free. Read them! :)

OzGrinder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I think the owner of PUA forums is a member here.
That's interesting, didn't know that. Formhandle ie. one of the original mASF owners? Or someone else?

There was alot of money in that back in it's peak especially for the trainers, the guys that built brands and then hired other trainers to do all the training would have made a mint.

Whether the customers were getting value for money though is a whole other story, ran into some of those guys in the bars/clubs when they were in Oz, I certainly wouldn't have paid them, but they managed to build quite a following.

I wonder if business is still booming in that industry, totally out of touch with it these days.

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
It is not really necessary to read a book about woman. It should start with you, and how you deal with it. It is a self motivation. You are a man, and a man have many advantages to get girls and understand them. Just be yourself, and try not to be a rude one.

tj1979x

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Married two decades. Still learning how not to be an a**hole, and that simply putting her needs, thoughts, and ideas first ... works.

Are you young and dating? Treat her like a lady, not a hook up.

Newly married ? Date her like you did before you got married.

Married several years? Surprise her. Romance her. Don't get boring.

Married a decade? Renew. Redo your vows. Recommit.

Married two decades? Enjoy it --- you made it longer than 50% of your peers. Think about how you could make the rest of her days, weeks and years memorable. She probably spent a long time supporting your dreams. Make sure you are supporting hers.

You don't need a book. Just think with your head and not your wiener.

This sounds like a recipe that could work.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
What are some top books to understand women ? As far as how they think, what they like, how they like guys to be bla bla bla wouldn't hurt to know a little more

Forget everything you have read before and watch videos of Corey Wayne on youtube.

He also has a book and audiobook on "How to be the 3% man".

I follow him for about 2 years now and in all honesty, he is the man and says no bullshit ever. I can say he has saved me so much time and struggles with his free advice on his videos. Totally recommend him to anyone.

SueC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 6, 2013
Here's a book my husband gave me (he is the emotional one), I just read it and also watched her on TED: Daring Greatly by Brene Brown.

I think I'm going to have to read it again, not sure I'm getting it, but i think he was trying to tell me something....

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Reading these books changed my life:

The Way of the Superior Man (amazon)
The Book Of Pook (FREE - link)

These two books are deep. They talk about mastering your life and sexuality, and being a MAN at the deepest level. They talk about your dreams, freedom, relationships and life. They should be mandatory for ALL young men!

In a way these books are better than The Millionaire Fastlane . We strive for money because we want freedom, and freedom is born of being a MAN. Men have been fighting for freedom since the dawn of time!

These books started me down the path of serious self improvement, I highly recommend them. They came highly recommended to me by others whose lives they had changed.

edit: The book of pook is actually a collection of posts by a member of a forum. They collected his best posts and compiled them into a book.

Sounds interesting will look into it mate

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.