The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Be Well Connected or Best Friends with Someone Who Is

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
I don't have a real outgoing personality, I'm not much of a networker, but the difference between a good business and a great business can really be your connections. If you can't be that guy who goes to all the events, talks to strangers in line at Starbucks or the grocery store, all you need to do is find that guy and be his/her best friend. I came across a guy like this, we had a couple of things in common, he introduced me to a couple of his associates about projects that never panned out, but based on his efforts I took him out to play golf at a nice club. He got me in front of another couple of opportunities, one which played out to an OK deal. I then signed us up and paid for a celebrity/charity golf outing at one of the most exclusive clubs in the city, by the end of the day, he knew almost everybody playing in the whole tourney, while I chatted with the other twosome and a couple of guys from the group ahead of us. He has now put me in front of at least another dozen opportunities, the latest of which is going to get us permanent placement of our content and links to my website from a U.S. top 20 trafficked website at no cost.

I am not manipulating this guy, I enjoy his company and he appears to enjoy mine, we have done more than just the couple of golf things I mentioned, and I am not pretending to be his friend (if I could do pretend friends I wouldn't need him would I?) I am just saying, if you are not into the big networking thing, there are plenty of people that are, find one you enjoy and see what comes of it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I am not manipulating this guy, I enjoy his company and he appears to enjoy mine, we have done more than just the couple of golf things I mentioned, and I am not pretending to be his friend (if I could do pretend friends I wouldn't need him would I?) I am just saying, if you are not into the big networking thing, there are plenty of people that are, find one you enjoy and see what comes of it.
I'm kind of in the same boat, more reserved when it comes to meeting new people unless via a mutual friend. Fortunately, my best friend growing up is a personal trainer now at a "older people's gym". Think more treadmills than dumbbells.

He's done me the favor of introducing me to a few business owners, who in turn introduced me to real estate folks, and more business owners. Now we've created a mastermind group where we can bounce ideas and keep each other accountable.

All because my best friend and I both came from abnormal homes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.