The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Attention drifting

Anything related to matters of the mind

Astute

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 19, 2012
London, UK
Does anyone else have a problem with this?

I have been looking at myself, and I realised that when I have a great idea I will put a lot of energy into it, but after a few weeks of intense energy I find that my ability to concentrate on it vanishes. I have the same problem in other aspects of my life too.

Has anyone experienced this and managed to overcome it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alana

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Nov 16, 2012
In the middle of a national forest (in N. CA)
Funny, I was just asking an entrepreneurial friend of mine yesterday: what is it about entrepreneurs that it seems like we all have some form of ADHD?
In my opinion, I think that ideas/ventures are somewhat like first loves. At first your new found lover is on a pedestal in your mind. You’re so excited about being twitterpated; the sky is bluer, the air is fresher….life is good. But reality soon sets in and you realize that this person is actually human. That’s where the work begins. Now that you see the reality of it all, do you stick with it and put in the necessary effort that any healthy relationship requires, or do your eyes wander to that new hottie sitting over in the corner looking like she can use some company?
In other words, it’s your grit that determines if you can suck it up and do the work or if you are simply in love with the idea of being in love.

jackwilder94

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 7, 2012
Yes, i also lose my attention so many times throughout the day while working on my project. I don't believe personally in the ADHD "syndrome* but yes, even when i'm laser focused, something just takes my attention away and i need a minute to remember what i did, lol.

D

DeletedUser2

let me explain something

wait...

Look a SQUIRREL....

ya, we all pretty much have it.
as you get older or find ways to trick yourself

you get better at this.

Z

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.