The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anger problems while practicing

Anything related to matters of the mind

EmperorPear

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 15, 2014
Bor, Serbia
Hello fastlaners!

No need for any introductions so I'll cut to the chase.

Every time I practice something and keep failing at it I get really damn pissed. It keeps hindering my progress because I either ragequit or do something destructive/unproductive.

It isn't even limited to practicing, it just has to be a string of annoyances (i.e. trip over a clock, hit my head somewhere when picking it up, stub my toe on a desk while going to do what I wanted... you get the idea)

So am I the only one? Am I F*cking crazy? Any solutions?

Thanks

-Pear

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I'm the same way man. But I use the term "anger issues" lightly, because sometimes it's ambiguous to where it's an issue.

In society, were taught to suppress our emotions, and that aggressiveness is bad. And to an extent, it makes sense but it comes to a point where we're made to feel ashamed of ourselves for letting out what's inside.
For me, I'm the type of person who doesn't hold a lot inside. If I want to yell "F*ck," and kick something over, I do. If I'm actually frustrated, I'll get it out of my system and move on with my life. Interestingly enough, people say that usually I'm actually calmer, happier and more level headed than most people. So there's actually an advantage to reacting when you're annoyed at something.

On the flip side, if you find that you're clumsy, and it's causing you to be clumsy, I would recommend just slowing down. Ever get so caught up being fast paced? Just slow down and take it easy. I did this, and I noticed lately I'm not nearly as clumsy, I remember things more, and I'm much happier. How to slow down? He like a sloth. Seriously. Pretend to be a lazy person who could give to shits about moving fast. This is your world mate, so if you feel like taking it slow, take it F*ckin slow. Hope it helps.

Harestock09

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Sep 22, 2014
Hello fastlaners!

No need for any introductions so I'll cut to the chase.

Every time I practice something and keep failing at it I get really damn pissed. It keeps hindering my progress because I either ragequit or do something destructive/unproductive.

It isn't even limited to practicing, it just has to be a string of annoyances (i.e. trip over a clock, hit my head somewhere when picking it up, stub my toe on a desk while going to do what I wanted... you get the idea)

So am I the only one? Am I F*cking crazy? Any solutions?

Thanks

-Pear
Hey,

I'd say:

1 - Take some time out the think about all the good things in your life. Work on being thankful everyday, even for the small stuff. When you take this mindset, you see the small annoyances for what they really are...small annoyances.

2 - When you fail, celebrate what you have learnt for next time. Fail small, fail fast and fail often. That's how you learn, develop and grow. If you've never failed, it's because you've never tried.

I get frustrated too, don't worry. I think it's pretty common!!

EmperorPear

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 15, 2014
Bor, Serbia
I'm the same way man. But I use the term "anger issues" lightly, because sometimes it's ambiguous to where it's an issue.

In society, were taught to suppress our emotions, and that aggressiveness is bad. And to an extent, it makes sense but it comes to a point where we're made to feel ashamed of ourselves for letting out what's inside.
For me, I'm the type of person who doesn't hold a lot inside. If I want to yell "F*ck," and kick something over, I do. If I'm actually frustrated, I'll get it out of my system and move on with my life. Interestingly enough, people say that usually I'm actually calmer, happier and more level headed than most people. So there's actually an advantage to reacting when you're annoyed at something.

On the flip side, if you find that you're clumsy, and it's causing you to be clumsy, I would recommend just slowing down. Ever get so caught up being fast paced? Just slow down and take it easy. I did this, and I noticed lately I'm not nearly as clumsy, I remember things more, and I'm much happier. How to slow down? He like a sloth. Seriously. Pretend to be a lazy person who could give to shits about moving fast. This is your world mate, so if you feel like taking it slow, take it F*ckin slow. Hope it helps.

I really found myself in your post. Everyone keeps saying that I'm one of the calmest person they've ever met, yet I see myself as a somewhat aggressive person, but it doesn't interfere with anything I do. It's like a fuel to me but sometimes it gets out of control.

And, yeah, the anger is causing me to be clumsy, because of that I get even more pissed off! Truly a bad cycle to be stuck in. I just relax and take a break or keep doing it until I burnout. I'll keep your advice in mind next time i found myself in a situation like this.

Thanks again for your post!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Jul 24, 2007
The book "The Power of Now" will indirectly address this issue.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.