The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Angel Investor Results

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
a good friend offered to purchase a training course and provide up to $20k in seed money for inventory to get an Amazon business started for someone. The game plan is that his Roth IRA would own 50% of the business and the person chosen would own 50% of the business.

There were two main reasons the Angel investor wanted to do this

1. pay it forward and help a young person start a business

2. have a real case study which shows how a Roth IRA can own a business but not pay any UBIT or other taxes. (so long as the Roth owner does not work in the business)

We have about 50 applicants who submitted why they should be chosen. Today we narrowed it down to three who we interviewed by phone... and finally one person was selected.

ll be a fun experiment.

I will post results early next year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
Amschel. The OP said that the money was for inventory.

Cashflowdepot: Would love to hear updates on this! Do you know which training course the investor will purchase?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Where did you get the applicants?

We have about 50 applicants who submitted why they should be chosen. Today we narrowed it down to three who we interviewed by phone... and finally one person was selected.

D

DeletedUser2

Where did you get the applicants?

super easy.

email list,
a forum
etc

one of the better ones I saw was a local angel investor did a meetup, "my money, your idea, = new business"
he ended up with over 150 new business plans to look at from that meetup. (people sent him business plans from all over the country , even though he did it as a meetup here in albuquerque.

this was a good idea for him because he was looking for diversity in his portfolio.

what Cashflowdepot is doing is great. she is taking a course and saying here is the model, here is the education, here is the founding money.

good idea. I am curious what is the criteria you are using to make the best choice of entrepreneur?

that would be the most interesting to me

thank you
Z

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
This is for the Amazing Selling Machine it has nothing to do with affiliate marketing. it is about selling physical products on Amazon,usually private labeled.

There are 4 or 5 videos on this page ( which has my affiliate links) that explain the program.

http://www.cashflowdepot.com/home/amazing.aspx

Crazy thing happened the last couple of days. I have been contacted by more people who want to be an Angel Investor. They have the money to buy the course and inventory, but they do not want to do the work (or cannot if their Roth is involved) . Plus even more people offered to be a Funding Partner.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
D

DeletedUser2

we decided to do something similar recently.

buying the course, setting up a couple people on it, provide a certain level of funding, and share in the profits. thanks for the idea.

we also, are doing a mastermind with the group that is doing it. so they will have additional resources to draw from each other, and share lessons learned.

since we launched our amazon store, with our own products that we sell, we have seen months with as much as 20K a month profits. and a steady sale of our products. not too bad considering it was an afterthought for our regular business.

it will be interesting to see how this goes. we will be funding the participants as needed. so we don't know exactly how much we will end up deploying in capital, but there are some great opportunities.

:)

Z

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
This seems related to my old "big idea" post. Would you start a thread about this project?

we decided to do something similar recently.

buying the course, setting up a couple people on it, provide a certain level of funding, and share in the profits. thanks for the idea.

we also, are doing a mastermind with the group that is doing it. so they will have additional resources to draw from each other, and share lessons learned.

since we launched our amazon store, with our own products that we sell, we have seen months with as much as 20K a month profits. and a steady sale of our products. not too bad considering it was an afterthought for our regular business.

it will be interesting to see how this goes. we will be funding the participants as needed. so we don't know exactly how much we will end up deploying in capital, but there are some great opportunities.

:)

Z

D

DeletedUser2

hmmm will think about it. it would be an INSIDERS thing.

my wife is one of the ones, and she is spearheading it. I could post about investor side, but really it would be better if someone posted about actual process.

I will ask the gang see if they would be willing to post.

Z

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Wow. Would love an update. This is a great idea for already established entrepreneurs with money, and it's paying it forward.

Very exciting stuff.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
HI Mars

Thanks for bringing this up again. I should have posted the Angel Investor results sooner but I just forgot.

There were 3 angel investors who paid for the Amazing Selling Machine course ( with Roth IRA money) so someone else could get the opportunity to start a business and have funding readily available for products and marketing. The agreement was that they would split profits, the angel investor would get a 15% return on their money, then the angel investor would turn the business over to the new entrerpreneur. It was the angel investors way of helping someone get started and to give back.

These are the results:

Angel Investor #1 - his entrepreneur is making ( net profit) about $10,000 per month selling 2 products on Amazon. Keep in mind he just started this 6 months ago. This is good but it should be a lot better.

Angel investor #2 - his entrepreneur ran off with the products, kept the money the angel investor had sent to pay the supplier, never did pay the supplier and is now selling the products on ebay. Needless to say, he got "fired".

Angel investor #3 - her entrepreneur is still struggling to find a product and get going even though the training is step-by-step. Honestly, I think she is afraid to pull the trigger because she's afraid she will fail. This is exactly what keeps people from being an entrepreneur and what keeps them an employee forever ( you don't have to think too hard or make any decisions). The angel investor is ready to pull the plug and get someone else to run the business. There is no excuse for not making money in this business after a few months IF you just work the system.

In hindsight, the Angel investors all feel that it is a mistake to 100% fund the business. Unless someone has SKIN IN THE GAME they just don't work hard enough or put enough effort in making it a success.

Here are 4 videos and some testimonials from Amazing Selling Machine students. You'll ge amazed at the results people are getting in just a few months.

http://www.cashflowdepot.com/home/amazing.aspx

There will be one more video released on April 17th, and that is when the doors open to buy the Amazing Selling Machine again. The doors close on April 25th. I'm not sure if they will ever open again.

FULL DISCLOSURE: If you buy from me, I do get a commission and I am offering a LOT of free bonuses.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
I forgot to mention that there are also 2 one hour interviews with cashflowdepot members who bought the Amazing Selling Machine.

the interviews are at www.cashflowdepot.com/home/amazing.aspx

One is selling one product she sourced from China and making about $5,000 a month - working about 15 minutes a day.

The other is making $3500 per WEEK ($14,000 a month) selling one product he sources from China too

They both went live with their products in December. So these results are after only 4 months!

mars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 19, 2014
New Jersey
Hi Jackie,

Thank you for the reply. The results seems amazing and I've done a good amount of research on private label to sell online. This just made it seem so real. I wish I would have know about the angel investors previously. I would have made them a lot of money! I've watched the 3 videos previously and searched the Amazing Selling Machine which brought me to his thread.

I heard the course they offered last year was around $3K with a live event. Do you know if will be the same this year. I'd love to sign up, but the cost for the course would really need to go to building the business.

Thank you for being honest about the commission as well.

D

DeletedUser2

I'll update here as we'll

1 we invested in is up to about 35k a month

The other at about 5k per month. We put together a mastermind to help with every one. Total of about 12 people in a skype master mind this has dramatically helped keep people focused.

Also help speed up failure and execution

Z

MyDuckets

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 12, 2012
Dallas
Would love to apply for the next round if anyone else is looking to invest their IRA funds in someone. Sensitive to the feedback above that the funders wish they hadn't put 100% of the capital in I would be willing to put in some capital as well.

Alternatively, if anyone else is looking to do this without going through the course and would like to set up a mastermind group I am game. I have been emailing today with two suppliers for 3 versions of one product to get samples sent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I F*cking hate IRAs so much. It is unhealthy how much I hate IRAs.

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
I did a mastermind group too and we have weekly coaching calls to discuss issues, tips, tricks, etc.

Of course the Amazing Selling Machine has a private forum too. Plus, after Module 5 in their training, you can get access to the ultra-private facebook which is incredible.

Most people think if they find a way to be successful they can't tell anyone how they did it because they will only create competition.

But the reality is, the more you share, the more you get back!

There is so much sharing in the ASM groups.

MyDuckets

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 12, 2012
Dallas
Are there up sells for the ultra private fb group or the mastermind group thru ASM?

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
Hi Jackie,

Thank you for the reply. The results seems amazing and I've done a good amount of research on private label to sell online. This just made it seem so real. I wish I would have know about the angel investors previously. I would have made them a lot of money! I've watched the 3 videos previously and searched the Amazing Selling Machine which brought me to his thread.

I heard the course they offered last year was around $3K with a live event. Do you know if will be the same this year. I'd love to sign up, but the cost for the course would really need to go to building the business.

Thank you for being honest about the commission as well.

The course is not cheap! It is $4 k or $997 per month for 4 months.

I do have angel investors who will put up the money for products if you bought the course. This would help you get started. But honestly, it would be possible to get started without the angel investors/splitting profits. ASM gives you a list of 100 products which you can source for less than $100 .

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
Are there up sells for the ultra private fb group or the mastermind group thru ASM?

NO! The private mastermind and ultra private facebook access comes with the course. So does access to the 3-day live event which will be in Las Vegas.

You also get
8 weeks of great video training
8 weeks of coaching calls
access to 7 tools for growing the biz fast
video of the 2013 3-day event training
video of the 2014- 3-day even training ( I was at this one in Austin - it was EXCELLENT!)
training on how to outsource many parts of your biz to the Philippines
and a lot of other training

ari_ari

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Apr 6, 2014
I know I'm new here, but I really really really hate that every time ASM is "re launched", it gets plastered everywhere, including every private forum I am a member of.
This is what I Think of ASM:
If you're going to pay $4000 for how to sell on Amazon, take the money instead and go to China, buy a product, put it on Amazon, and learn from doing.

What does ASM offer? The training, a conference of questionable value, and a few tools:
One of the tools is ASM members buying each other products for reviews and rankings <- you can pay people $5 on oDesk to do this
Another is finding opportunities <- There are great tools available for $79 that do it as well.

Sorry for the rant but I am disappointed that I see a biz-op product being promoted here with an aff link when there are some fantastic threads by JasonR and Vigilante, and people who have done it and willing to help you focus and succeed.

mars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Feb 19, 2014
New Jersey
What does ASM offer? The training, a conference of questionable value, and a few tools:
One of the tools is ASM members buying each other products for reviews and rankings <- you can pay people $5 on oDesk to do this
Another is finding opportunities <- There are great tools available for $79 that do it as well.

This was also my main concern. The $4000 could be used in better places, but the almighty @zen******* even said it's worth it. He's no bullshit! I'm very tempted.

Bottom line it's worth it.

Z

Can you tell us what's your main reason for saying it's worth it? Also, if I got the money for the course from a friend or family, what would say would be a fair return agreement. Just pay them back the money or suggest to pay them a % of the sales to sweeten the offer?

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
The only reason I posted anything about asm here was because someone asked about the results from the angel investors.

Like any product, some people will succeed, some people won't do a darn thing with it... even if it is given to you for free... even if they pay $4k for a course. The angel investor results prove this.

Sure anyone can buy products on Alibaba then slap them up on Amazon to sell them. You don't need a course to do that. There is plenty of free advice here and other places. If you don't have much money to get started, you can roll the dice to see if it works.

zen******* and I agree that it is worth paying for information to learn how to know which products have the highest chance of succeeding, the best way to get them from China to FBA, and how to market them to get maximum sales results both initially and ongoing. This also reduces your learning curve

Some are opposed to paying for any course and prefer to learn things the hard way even it takes twice as long and you lose money along the way.

It is against the TOS for members to review each other's products.

MARS, I would not recommend borrowing the money for the course. It would be better for you to get started with some wholesale real estate deals so you can make some money. ASM will probably be available again next year. Even with a wholesale business, you will learn a lot about negotiating which will help with any other businesses you start.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.