The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Affiliate Marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

raynoldcj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 13, 2013
North Borneo
I'm not sure whether this is an appropriate post or not, but I just want to know if anyone had been into affiliate marketing? From what I found out on the internet, there are many fastlaners doing this stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk now Free

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

raynoldcj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 13, 2013
North Borneo
...and many fastlaners regret it. This stuff is short term, and most people don't even make a profit. Business is long term

These affiliate marketers also sell their own products/courses. Some have also created training system and people have to pay monthly for the training. . Meaning, affiliate marketing is a nice industry to start with, especially for beginners.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Affiliate marketing is touted as fastlane, but in my opinion it depends on the amount of work you put in - and your dedication to success. I've tried it several times, and while I've made some money, it's laughable in comparison to someone who really focused and made it work for them with blood, sweat and tears.

I think the best fastlane is creation or invention of a product or service you can innovate with affiliate marketing.

Example:

Your niche is fat loss.
Your audience members are moms who are foodies.

You create a cook book or lifestyle system tailored to women who are moms and foodies - and possibly new moms, and cross pair it with something that works and is currently tangible and on the market.

I don't know. I was just throwing something out there off the top of my head - of course you need to research, etc.

And DO NOT LET GOOGLE ADSENSE be your money strategy. Lord knows it's too risky for me.

raynoldcj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 13, 2013
North Borneo
Affiliate marketing is touted as fastlane, but in my opinion it depends on the amount of work you put in - and your dedication to success. I've tried it several times, and while I've made some money, it's laughable in comparison to someone who really focused and made it work for them with blood, sweat and tears.

I think the best fastlane is creation or invention of a product or service you can innovate with affiliate marketing.

Example:

Your niche is fat loss.
Your audience members are moms who are foodies.

You create a cook book or lifestyle system tailored to women who are moms and foodies - and possibly new moms, and cross pair it with something that works and is currently tangible and on the market.

I don't know. I was just throwing something out there off the top of my head - of course you need to research, etc.

And DO NOT LET GOOGLE ADSENSE be your money strategy. Lord knows it's too risky for me.

Hi Lauryn thanks for the comment. That's a very good suggestions. I have just started in internet marketing and am a complete beginner. I agreed with your opinion that we should be creating valuable products or solve people's problems. That's fastlane.

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
Yes, definitely - and study the outline of Full Sail's Internet Marketing program. I have a Master's from them - and I'm not saying you should enroll, but getting an idea of the corporate curriculum may also help. Also Steve Scott has some excellent information on Affiliate and Information Marketing. (DISCLAIMER: I am in one of his Facebook groups but do not work for or know him personally.)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Yes, its a great gateway to learning things fast. As with anything it's about your work ethic. It depends on what you are getting into it for. If you are trying to make money, you will fail at everything. If you are using it to learn, you will learn. If you are trying to build a business, you will be successful in generating money but it will burn you out.

It is something you can start and make thousands your first month, thing is 95% of people don't have that type of work ethic.

raynoldcj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 13, 2013
North Borneo
Yes, definitely - and study the outline of Full Sail's Internet Marketing program. I have a Master's from them - and I'm not saying you should enroll, but getting an idea of the corporate curriculum may also help. Also Steve Scott has some excellent information on Affiliate and Information Marketing. (DISCLAIMER: I am in one of his Facebook groups but do not work for or know him personally.)

Thanks Lauryn. I have enrolled in a Wealthy Affiliate program. The training is awesome. My plan is to create my own products after gaining experience from doing affiliate marketing.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk

raynoldcj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 13, 2013
North Borneo
Yes, its a great gateway to learning things fast. As with anything it's about your work ethic. It depends on what you are getting into it for. If you are trying to make money, you will fail at everything. If you are using it to learn, you will learn.

Hi Lighthouse thanks for the comment. That's the plan. I want to learn how to build a website, getting traffic and conversion. Then using the skills from doing affiliate to creating my own products.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk

MooreMillions

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 16, 2008
Atlanta
Affiliate marketing takes time, time, time.

I've been in and out, that should tell you right there, of affiliate marketing since 2006.

I believe it is a great industry to dedicate your time and energy to because that vertical knows everything internet marketing based, before everybody else does. It changes THAT fast.

For me, I made money right out of the gate, but it was short lived because I truly had no idea what I was doing. I did not make money until 2 years after that, once I had created two of my own products, however, by that time I was burned out.

Thankfully, I found my gift/talent/skill and was able to take all of that cutting edge information to market my business, internet businesses, and brick and mortar businesses, via SEO/SEM/PPC with some degree of success.

It takes some GRINDING and you will LOSE money before you MAKE money, and this is from me talking with experts personally when I first entered the business...and they were right.

Affiliate marketing is not for the faint of heart!

raynoldcj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 13, 2013
North Borneo
Affiliate marketing takes time, time, time.

I've been in and out, that should tell you right there, of affiliate marketing since 2006.

I believe it is a great industry to dedicate your time and energy to because that vertical knows everything internet marketing based, before everybody else does. It changes THAT fast.

For me, I made money right out of the gate, but it was short lived because I truly had no idea what I was doing. I did not make money until 2 years after that, once I had created to of my own products, however, by that time I was burned out.

Thankfully, I found my gift/talent/skill and was able to take all of that cutting edge information to market my business, internet businesses, and brick and mortar businesses, via SEO/SEM/PPC with some degree of success.

It takes some GRINDING and you will LOSE money before you MAKE money, and this is from me talking with experts personally when I first entered the business...and they were right.

Affiliate marketing is not for the faint of heart!

Hi Moore
Thanks for the advice. There seems to be a lot of stuff to learn, and like you said it will take time too. I'm still in the early stage of learning the craft. Also looking for other types of internet business available.

FLASH

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 28, 2013
I gave affiliate marketing a shot and it truly wasn't for me. It's filled with unnecessary stress and you barely have any control. Not to mention that it can be highly volatile. Plus, the face of the AM is changing now, and it's not what it used to be back in the day. I'd rather stick to starting a truly Fast Lane business that will lead to permanent prosperity. Good luck!

raynoldcj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 13, 2013
North Borneo
I gave affiliate marketing a shot and it truly wasn't for me. It's filled with unnecessary stress and you barely have any control. Not to mention that it can be highly volatile. Plus, the face of the AM is changing now, and it's not what it used to be back in the day. I'd rather stick to starting a truly Fast Lane business that will lead to permanent prosperity. Good luck!

I want to build an online business, and I guess affiliate marketing is a good stuff to start with. I mean it's not fastlane but it can teach me the basics of internet business (btw I'm new to online business). Thanks for your advice.

brycer9

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jan 21, 2013
I want to build an online business, and I guess affiliate marketing is a good stuff to start with. I mean it's not fastlane but it can teach me the basics of internet business (btw I'm new to online business). Thanks for your advice.

Or you can build an online business, which will teach you everything you need to know about building an online business :rolleyes:

raynoldcj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 13, 2013
North Borneo
Or you can build an online business, which will teach you everything you need to know about building an online business :rolleyes:

I'm new...im not sure what's the best way to start other than affiliate program. Suggestions?

raynoldcj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 13, 2013
North Borneo
Like I said, go straight into building your business. You can have a functional ecommerce business up and running in 3 days, with less than $50.

Now, whats your excuse?

I have an Ecommerce cart ,paid someone to build it a few months ago. I sell wellness products but seems like no one is buying.lol

raynoldcj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 13, 2013
North Borneo
Are you solving a need or fixing a pain? Are you targeting your market correctly? Where are you selling?

Actually I sell aloe products... skin care and supplements. It's the only idea I have, selling other people's products.

brycer9

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jan 21, 2013
That's part of my plans too. Doing dropship. I'm planning to do that via eBay. What do you think are better funnels. Dropship via shopping cart, blog or eBay?

Good. Use every single funnel possible. Website, amazon, ebay, etsy, and try all the free advertising opportunities as you can. One will probably be the best, you just have to test them all

raynoldcj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 13, 2013
North Borneo
Good. Use every single funnel possible. Website, amazon, ebay, etsy, and try all the free advertising opportunities as you can. One will probably be the best, you just have to test them all

My friend and I are planning to launch a dropship business on eBay, do you have any experience doing this? I need help because I never done this before.

Vespasian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Oct 4, 2013

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
I agree with selling your own products and using multiple streams of advertising methods. I did affiliate marketing for years and organically ranked my sites until Google dropped the hammer...it was a hard lesson learnt. From great revenue generations to 0 overnight, absolutely NO CONTROL. Never again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.