The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advice for a quick sale ( investment property )

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Just gave the boot to a realtor who wanted the listing and expected the other agents to sell.
Anyway...trying to sell privately ...Did it before but for a family home, it took a week.
This condo was listed for 6 months, had visits, no offers :-( ...the condo fees are high ( compared to newer condos) so i am offering a year of condo fees paid ...good strategy ??? Anyone struggled with condos before ??
What do you think of the listing ?? The condo is empty now, tenants left December1

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1040126171&uuid=599e743a-b401-482c-91e1-ca578b62a2fc

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lleone

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Sep 7, 2011
New York
From looking at the photos, it looks very clean, clutter free and I don't see anything that stands out as an issue. The question is why didn't it sell in 6 months. I'm assuming you have a multiple listing system that the property was on that is accessed by all the agents there. If so, then the most likely reason is price. How are you priced compared to other units on the market?

A good way to assess this is to do a search for all the listings that are similar to yours. If you were a buyer, which one would you buy 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc...
Most people are bias when it comes to assessing their own unit, so maybe ask a friend to do it. If you really think it is priced correctly, then it may be a function of demand and absorption. For example, if only 2 listings of your type sell a month and there are 20 listings on the market competing with you, then it's going to take a while. I will say that high condo fees (and yes I think your idea of paying a month up front is excellent) is a deterrent to a lot of folks (this especially happened in Florida). Try to price it so that all factors considered, you would be the next unit to sell.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Thanks for the feedback

1-I underpriced a bit ( taking in consideration that i am paying A YEAR of condo fees ($3000 )
2- the problem in the area is supply ...too many condos, brand new condos are being leased by real estate developpers because they cant find buyers.

lleone

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Sep 7, 2011
New York
I understand....I've seen that several times. If you don't have to sell, maybe put a renter in and try to wait it out (assuming you could at least get close to breaking even).

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
@Bila

Have you thought about conducting a property auction? There are companies who perform those duties in behalf of sellers here in Southern California. Of course, I don't know if such options are available in Canada.

I wish you well with your property!:)

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Thanks Chitown.

I have been leasing it for the last 5 years, i know i will not have an issue finding tenants again ....
Will see if it will attract some visits

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
I understand....I've seen that several times. If you don't have to sell, maybe put a renter in and try to wait it out (assuming you could at least get close to breaking even).

Yes, with the lease i can break even, but wanted some seed money ffor other venturess ( fastlane type wink wink ) .will see how it goes ....will update

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Thanks for the input . A private investor is looking to see it Saturday. I put it back on the market for private investors a few weeks ago ..... So far 2 visited and low balled lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.