The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Accomplishing your goals with a family

Anything related to matters of the mind

stevenmac2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 28, 2007
US
As I woke up this Saturday morning, I began thinking about what I intended to get accomplished this morning from a business perspective. The challenge often becomes about how this is going to work around with my wife, and my children who are still at a very small age. I recognize there are challenges to overcome and priorities that have to take a front seat (often day to day on many).

While my desire was to begin setting up the foundation on a business this morning for my wife, I opted instead to take this morning to teach my son how to ride a bike. What did I gain from it? Was the trade off worth it? Absolutely. I gave him and myself a very important memory always. The ability to coach him, see him do it, see him crash and remind him to not give up - even if you are scratched or scraped up some. Having the opportunity to speak encouragement into his life put a smile on my face more so than spending the few hours trying to lay down some pieces of the business. Eventually, seeing him ride the bike on his own - giving him the opportunity to see that he could do it with some persistence and practice made my day.

Was the trade worth it this morning? The answer is Yes! Family is always worth it above anything else.

While speaking to him about not giving up, not quitting when you get hurt, when you grow frustrated because you can't ride straight, or you can't pedal fast enough when you are tired was a lesson for myself that carries into my business mindset. These are characteristics in the simpliest form that make someone successful. It was an opportunity for myself to commit these things that I spoke out of my mouth to my own heart, but a moment in time to teach my son a valuable attitude & mindset from his initial begginings to never give up in life on anything. Through it, I incorporated "Lessons Learned" and asked him what he did incorrectly that caused the failure in order to correct & improve the next time. "You can do it. Pedal faster, stay straight, don't give up, don't get distracted by looking back.... You are riding the bike!!"

Likewise, have confidence in yourself. Momentum is an ally to keep motivation aligned with set goals to prevent the day-to-day distractions. Don't look back at the past unless it is analyze the mistake, but look forward. If you fail, try again. Eventually, you will ride the bike of entreprenuership.

Thank you,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Agreed. You always have to remember that the business should provide for and serve you. no more parking for you:fastlane:

Cat Man Du

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 30, 2007
Agreed. You always have to remember that the business should provide for and serve you. no more parking for you:fastlane:
RIGHT ON !!!! Run......This is what's it's all-about.

Stevenmac2 said:
I gave him and myself a very important memory always. The ability to coach him, see him do it, see him crash and remind him.

Lets... just change this around a little bit. YOU GAVE HIM YOURSELF.. NO AMOUNT OF MONEY...CAN BUY THAT..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.