The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Absolute Best Books for Starting A Small Business?

For any book discussion

DreamBliss

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
May 20, 2023
Lost on the Way
I am a little frustrated. By the definition of an entrepreneur in, "Awakening The Entrepreneur Within" going this route means creating something new, using your imagination, etc

I don't care about any of that at this time. I don't want to spend any time on that path. All I want are the steps to take the very unoriginal idea I have for a small business and get it started. Simple mechanics. Maybe a little mindset training in running your own business.

Are there any books you can recommend that will help me take my unoriginal idea and turn it into a business? I need to know about the mindset, fees, taxes, insurances, licenses - every I dotted and T crossed so I am legit, legal and above-board working for myself.

Appreciate the help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Muhammad Ibrahim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Aug 1, 2022
I am a little frustrated. By the definition of an entrepreneur in, "Awakening The Entrepreneur Within" going this route means creating something new, using your imagination, etc

I don't care about any of that at this time. I don't want to spend any time on that path. All I want are the steps to take the very unoriginal idea I have for a small business and get it started. Simple mechanics. Maybe a little mindset training in running your own business.

Are there any books you can recommend that will help me take my unoriginal idea and turn it into a business? I need to know about the mindset, fees, taxes, insurances, licenses - every I dotted and T crossed so I am legit, legal and above-board working for myself.

Appreciate the help!
i will tell you the best book.
the only book you need.
it's called action.
start doing. you will learn more from failure then you will ever from books.

P.S. most books will tell you to do the same thing so i am saving you time. start working.

Muhammad Ibrahim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Aug 1, 2022
and the learning things about the workings of the world part, books can help a bit but you know what's better?
-ask questions. everywhere. from people who know about it. if i see a rich person we talkin about money, if i see a lawyer we discussing tax loopholes, if i see a banker im learning everything about credit.
-be observant. business is a state of the flow of life. it is all around you. open your eyes to it and you'll start to learn.

also try

The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It​

by micheal gerber

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan

DreamBliss

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
May 20, 2023
Lost on the Way
You do realize, that no matter how important it might be to climb Mount Everest, you don't just hitchhike your way over there with whatever you could strap to your back and begin your ascent?

This is not directed at any specific user, per say, but there is ALWAYS, always, without exception an information gathering phase, to help you avoid common pitfalls. There are plenty of frozen corpses up there on Mount Everest, and many of those folk did not due their proper research and training. They didn't come prepared, so they never left!

Action without foundation or direction is a waste of time and energy, and the whole point of this is that I want to better invest my time!

Muhammad Ibrahim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Aug 1, 2022
You do realize, that no matter how important it might be to climb Mount Everest, you don't just hitchhike your way over there with whatever you could strap to your back and begin your ascent?

This is not directed at any specific user, per say, but there is ALWAYS, always, without exception an information gathering phase, to help you avoid common pitfalls. There are plenty of frozen corpses up there on Mount Everest, and many of those folk did not due their proper research and training. They didn't come prepared, so they never left!

Action without foundation or direction is a waste of time and energy, and the whole point of this is that I want to better invest my time!
Start climbing. Learn on the way.

Better then being a geek sitting at the computer researching the exact angle of the degree of the gradient of the perpendicular bisector of mount Everest

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.