The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

26 Time Management Hacks I Wish I'd Known At 20 from BusinessInsider

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
I Hate #7. Not only do I not enjoy it, I feel that working my day job gives me the RIGHT to be lazy when I get home because of the mental/emotional drain of energy from the previous 10 hours of work/related activities involved. I do see a point though...when you have a lot of free time you take it for granted. Sigh catch-22s :(

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I feel that working my day job gives me the RIGHT to be lazy when I get home

That's a lot like saying being seriously overweight gives you the right to keep eating because of how stressful being overweight is.

IMHO my day job is the reason I DON'T feel I have the right to be lazy when I get home.

0_0_0_0_250_166_csupload_53980710.jpg

Bruce

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Feb 1, 2012
Canada
That's a lot like saying being seriously overweight gives you the right to keep eating because of how stressful being overweight is.

IMHO my day job is the reason I DON'T feel I have the right to be lazy when I get home.

View attachment 4981

Agreed, it's slowlane mentality to believe you DESERVE to be lazy when you get home or deserve to spend the weekend watching TV.

I understand it's hard to come home from work entirely drained and to do something productive with the rest of the day. But I'm sure jobs still give you weekends, vacation etc to do something productive.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I'm also exhausted when I get home from work. I take 15-20 minutes to meditate (try not to fall asleep) with complete silence. It helps rejuvenate me enough to be productive.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Agreed, it's slowlane mentality to believe you DESERVE to be lazy when you get home or deserve to spend the weekend watching TV.

I understand it's hard to come home from work entirely drained and to do something productive with the rest of the day. But I'm sure jobs still give you weekends, vacation etc to do something productive.

It is the slowlane mentality, and I'm working on changing it. I know what is right to do and what isn't, I just have to do it. Just blows---I have this incessant need to play poker on weekends and build up bankroll so I can possibly ditch the job I dislike and spend days doing things I enjoy, as well as pay off bills and such or build up capital for projects in future. This is time consuming as well, and almost like another job. Maybe I should just forgo this for now and focus on a steady income + benefits, be unhappy, but strive to do fastlane building on the side. Just really wanted to get to the point to be self-sufficient with a possibly-more-time-consuming job I enjoy for myself AND do fastlane building on the side. Weekends, I've learned, aren't as long as you think...can't wait til I don't even know what a "weekend" is because everyday will be a weekend!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.