The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

24 Years Old, $240,000 and Looking To Go To The Next Level

juno323

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Sep 5, 2014
A short back story to myself, ex medical student that's currently finishing his law degree in London. Will be heading back to Singapore in 2015. I got hooked on investing and entrepreneurship back in 2011, which eventually prompted me to quit medical school to do the most useful and shortest degree available.

I took the chance post medical school to learn about investing, and I started at a great time. I am bottoms-up fundamentals orientated value investor (think Warren Buffett, Seth Klarman, David Einhorn), and modeled the investment strategies that they were running and implemented it in Asia. It's worked out quite well, and I pull in my first little fortune in the past 3 years.

Business will continue chugging along and my income from it will increase with some ups and downs, but the long term trend is good. I've automated and systematized a lot of it, and its something that I will scale up with time, but I am looking at other things as its run its course for the next 1-2 years.

During my time in law school, I was crazy busy running my investment society, building a network, running my business. I skipped all my lectures (slightly ADHD and lectures put me to sleep)... so I had to come up with a system to study and memorize everything in the shortest time possible. Moonwalking WIth Einstein was the catalyst for the creation of my system, and I went from the bottom percentile to the top percentile, and look to graduate with a First Class from a top London law school.

Seeing that my memory is still horrible, and and I am as intelligent as I was when I did poorly in my first year, I intend to develop a training course and sell it to law students with the simple pitch... "Want To Graduate With Top Grades While Partying Everyday?"

I've tested the pitch out on several people and I think there's a market for it, especially given how hyper competitive the market is right now.

Anyway... that's the back-story. I've come to the forum to brainstorm, look for new ideas and business opportunities on what to do to take myself to the next level. I started out with a Tim Ferris like approach i.e. working out how much I need each year, but I think the Fastlane Method is far superior. My current investments return about 12 - 18% a year in the long run with a rough actual cash return of 3 - 4 % in dividends (tax free for me) each year.

That's good... but I am looking to see whether there are much better opportunities around that works well with small sums of capital.

Hope to learn from everyone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
Is the 240k you're talking about the amount you have invested?

juno323

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Sep 5, 2014
Thanks for the welcome guys. $240K is my own networth. Monies invested is mid 7 figures.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Viral

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Nov 18, 2013
Estonia
Hello and welcome juno323

Have a couple questions for you if you don't mind
What businesses have you ran before, for some such as myself 240.000$ would be a big success.
What was your break trough at this stage.I would imagine that with an 18% a year return of your investment it would take a long time for someone with no capital.How did you get a hold of your current wealth

10.000$ would make just about 1200-1800$ a year.
Moving from that to the next year about 1380$-2150$
On to the next year with you know 12-18% it would take a very long time to reach 240k.Better late than never though

juno323

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Sep 5, 2014
I was lucky in the sense that I am from a reasonably well-to-do family. The difference me and my peers was that I found a good mentors (from books), emulated a system that worked, and modeled how they pitched to clients. I didn't reinvent the wheel here, and the timing was right on my side (stock valuations were very depressed where I was), so I made a lot of money in a short amount of time.

Essentially, what I was able to persuade and tap onto a network of "Others People Money" and invest it at a great time to be invested in. It was my first "lucky break" if you will.

Reason why I am looking to diversify is that (1) Pretty much automated here and (2) Its not a cash flow rich business (3) It can absorb a lot more cash without impairing returns.

Hope this helps.

Harry321

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 28, 2014
Welcome! Amazing achievement so far. Favourite books on investment strategy?

juno323

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Sep 5, 2014
Check out biographies of the investing greats like Warren Buffett, Carl Icahn. Essentially anyone who wasn't rich when they started out investing, but became rich from building up a successful investment firm or fund based on the strength of their track record.

Fundamental analysis is my preferred way of approaching things... so anything accounting related is great to pick up fast. There's plenty of free stuff online.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...