The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2015 Fastlane Summit, Official Thread

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Looks like the original location "The Talking Stick Resort" has open rooms during those dates.
Just make sure you budget time & money to get to & from the conference if you book TSR. The hotels are not within walking distance of each other.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Some of us (myself included) will be traveling with our spouse or sweetheart. So ... my question is ... what (if anything) happens after 5 pm ...? Just trying to figure out when our spouses might be welcome to come down, mingle and socialize ...?

I saw (for example) a reference to dinner. Is that just for attendees ...? Also ... any idea what time dinner will be ...?

Are there any informal meet and greets after hours ...?

Or are we all doing our own thing ...?

Just trying to plan ahead.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
Just make sure you budget time & money to get to & from the conference if you book TSR. The hotels are not within walking distance of each other.

True, I will have a car though so I'm good. Something to keep in mind for others though.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
So ... my question is ... what (if anything) happens after 5 pm ...?
Does anything happen after 5 pm???? ohhh boyy

Does anything happen after 5pm? :D :D :D

The first rule of "after 5pm" is we don't talk about after 5pm.
The second rule of "after 5pm" s we don't talk about after 5pm.

@Red can let us know what the deal is for dinner and all....

Everything else after 10 pm, is probably a liability for MJ if we talk about it on the forums.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Everything else after 10 pm, is probably a liability for MJ if we talk about it on the forums.

::insert boiler plate legal disclaimer and denial of liability statement here::

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is that just for attendees

@Red can let us know what the deal is for dinner and all....

We are planning Saturday's dinner to be an option for those without tickets to attend for a small fee. So if people missed out on tix and want to go to dinner and network/hobnob, they can. This may include SOs depending on count. Obviously it is not budgeted to have 50 attendees and 80 people at dinner. Once we iron out those details, we will post -- this time, with advanced notice.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Sadly, no. My wife rented a house in Scottsdale for the month of February, so the timing was awesome, but with the new dates it didn't coincide with our planned travel schedule. I'll be in Scottsdale for a stretch in February, but just didn't want to go back a week after we check out of the house we rented. Logistically it made no sense. I'll either be in subzero Minnesota, or the Tampa area.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
We are planning Saturday's dinner to be an option for those without tickets to attend for a small fee. So if people missed out on tix and want to go to dinner and network/hobnob, they can. This may include SOs depending on count. Obviously it is not budgeted to have 50 attendees and 80 people at dinner. Once we iron out those details, we will post -- this time, with advanced notice.

My hope is that SOs have first shot at the extra tickets apple ... otherwise folks like myself (with SOs) might have to take a pass on the group dinner in favor of going somewhere else with our SO (... don't want to sleep in a Arizona dog house ... know what I mean ...?)

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Managed to snag a ticket. Looks like the marriot is booked up for those dates so i'm looking into renting a house for the week. If anyone is interested in splitting the cost for a few days let me know.
Hey..
The house next door to my house here is actually a rental house. It's a 4 bedroom house that sleeps 8! (and newly remodeled, with a pool). 8 of you guys could split the $250/night rent and just pay $31/night per person... hard to beat. For anyone interested, pm me and I can check into availability. :)

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
My hope is that SOs have first shot at the extra tickets apple ... otherwise folks like myself (with SOs) might have to take a pass on the group dinner in favor of going somewhere else with our SO (... don't want to sleep in a Arizona dog house ... know what I mean ...?)
Try Posh if you want a great dining experience, its awesome.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Hey..
The house next door to my house here is actually a rental house. It's a 4 bedroom house that sleeps 8! (and newly remodeled, with a pool). 8 of you guys could split the $250/night rent and just pay $31/night per person... hard to beat. For anyone interested, pm me and I can check into availability. :)

Just checked. That house is already booked. But thanks for the suggestion! Had not thought about that before (renting a house).

With that said ... we might be open to renting a house with another couple ... so if you think you might be interested ... let me know.

Just one caveat ... I think my S.O. would be very put off staying at a metaphorical frat house ... with music blasting and partying late into the night.

I know there is a wide range of ages here on the forums.

So if that is part of the game plan ... suffice to say ... we would not be a good match.

We're a "cocktail party" and "quality conversation" kinda crowd ...

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Hmm, bummer. But yeah rental houses are definitely a good option for groups of people willing to split the rent for a few days. There are quite a few around here too. I recommend checking out www.vrbo.com

thorn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jun 23, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just checked. That house is already booked. But thanks for the suggestion! Had not thought about that before (renting a house).

With that said ... we might be open to renting a house with another couple ... so if you think you might be interested ... let me know.

Just one caveat ... I think my S.O. would be very put off staying at a metaphorical frat house ... with music blasting and partying late into the night.

I know there is a wide range of ages here on the forums.

So if that is part of the game plan ... suffice to say ... we would not be a good match.

We're a "cocktail party" and "quality conversation" kinda crowd ...

I didn't get in yet and am on the waiting list, but if the stars align, I may be interested. Sounds like the hotels are getting tight down there, so a house is solid backup plan, assuming one is available. My wife was planning on going down originally with me and is still interested if it pans out. We are both in our late 30s and definitely at a point where I prefer a bottle of wine and good conversation over the party scene.

Plus it looks like you are from Pittsburgh as well (I live in the South Hills), so there may even be a few areas of common ground outside of the forum. Keep me in mind if you decide to look at house options.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
I didn't get in yet and am on the waiting list, but if the stars align, I may be interested. Sounds like the hotels are getting tight down there, so a house is solid backup plan, assuming one is available. My wife was planning on going down originally with me and is still interested if it pans out. We are both in our late 30s and definitely at a point where I prefer a bottle of wine and good conversation over the party scene.

Plus it looks like you are from Pittsburgh as well (I live in the South Hills), so there may even be a few areas of common ground outside of the forum. Keep me in mind if you decide to look at house options.

Definitely. We're up by Cranberry. Let's get together sometime. :)

thorn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jun 23, 2013
Pennsylvania
Definitely. We're up by Cranberry. Let's get together sometime. :)

I'm down. I don't want to derail any further here but let's see how this meetup goes and if I can get in. The next few weeks up to about mid-February things are nuts for me anyways and then the meetup would be right after that. Once this shakes out I can hit you up in a PM or something. Not sure how many people from the forum are in the tri-state area in and around Pittsburgh, but maybe we can try to organize a meetup or something.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
If anyone is looking to share a room, please message me. Also is anyone extending their trip at all? I'm considering coming in early and going to vegas or cali but at this point I don't have anyone else to go with me.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Just booked my flight and waiting to hear back on my airbinb request...arriving thursday early afternoon. Maybe we can all meetup for dinner/drinks as well on thursday?

If not, any recommendations for cool places to visit/see. I'm not familiar with the area and never been to AZ before.

thorn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jun 23, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just a general question and this may sound goofy but I am not familiar with the area either. If I am probably not staying at the hotel, is there any issues with driving in and parking at the hotel if I am not a guest? If so, is there pretty easy parking near the hotel or is it recommended to get a ride in?

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
There's no problem parking at the hotel, they have valet or you may be able to park on the street for free (like I do when I visit the property). Depending on where you're staying, allow some time to commute through rush hour on Friday. We are also less than a mile away from the Giants farm club field, so if they're playing, allow for the additional traffic there as well. It's a busy area, but just give yourself some additional time to commute & you'll be fine.

thorn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jun 23, 2013
Pennsylvania
There's no problem parking at the hotel, they have valet or you may be able to park on the street for free (like I do when I visit the property). Depending on where you're staying, allow some time to commute through rush hour on Friday. We are also less than a mile away from the Giants farm club field, so if they're playing, allow for the additional traffic there as well. It's a busy area, but just give yourself some additional time to commute & you'll be fine.

Perfect, thank you. I figured it would be ok, but I live in Pittsburgh and any time I have to head into the city and have to park it can become a nightmare. I figured I would just gather as much info as possible since I am not familiar with Scottsdale.

benhebert

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Dec 3, 2012
Traveling
We're in a retail chain (Hi-Health) in Scottsdale so this trip is absolutely perfect for me. I'll get there early and spend a few day in meetings before learning how to dominate the interwebz from Fastlaners.

Quick question for those familiar with the area:

Any recommendations for resorts prior to the conference?

I'm looking for something with a nice pool, will be with my girlfriend and actually celebrating my birthday.

This is the talk that I gave last year in Vietnam.

Travis Phipps

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Apr 17, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Hi All,

I'm super excited about this event and can't wait to meet everyone.

I am speaking on [PPC, Paid Traffic, and Lifetime Customer Value]

Now, there is a presentation prepared, which is basically a crash course in the importance of Lifetime Customer Value, and then a quick (and I mean quick) primer on PPC. After the brief presentation (and the tools and resources I will provide for free to all attendees), you should be able to run profitable PPC campaigns on the AdWords platform, and you will know more than 95% of advertisers wasting their money.

However, since this will be such a small crowd (it was 50 originally, but I believe they've opened up the wait list...so, it may be closer to 75), I'd like to take "requests" if you will.

If you, the attendees, (and you MUST be a confirmed attendee to vote), want to dig in deeper to a different topic, or would like to cover something else I am prepared to present on the following topics. I'm just trying to prepare the absolute best content possible, and I want to tailor the content to the audience. So, let me know what you think. If you don't care, or there isn't enough interest in this topic...we'll stick with what I have already prepared (which is easier for me anyway).

Without further ado, here are some possibilities:

1. PPC - From beginner to expert in 40 minutes or less (this is the default setting...). No joking here though...I can turn each and every attendee into a PPC expert in a short period of time, but you better take good notes, do the homework, and be prepared to spend money on your campaigns.

2. YouTube Advertising - As many of you know, PPC advertising has gotten ridiculously competitive. YouTube comes with a slightly higher "barrier to entry", but that's what makes it so compelling. YouTube is where AdWords was 8-10 years ago. Lot's of affordable traffic, and much less competition. I manage a lot of YouTube advertising traffic, much more than your average PPC Manager...so, you can take advantage of the stuff I've learned from my clients spending hundreds of thousands of dollars/month on YouTube.

3. PPC - Advanced techniques. If we go this route, we'll assume that everyone knows the basics, and we'll dive into advanced techniques and tactics. AdWords changes so frequently, that there is ALWAYS something to learn...and I expect that the audience will guide this discussion. Since we'll have some experts out there, I'd like to learn from each other...

4. PPC for eCommerce. I doubt this will be a winner, but just in case we have a bunch of eComm attendees...I can help out. I used to own an ecomm biz myself, and a lot of my clients are in this space. So, we'd cover Google Shopping, Bing's Product Campaigns, YouTube product advertising, and conversion rate optimization for product sales.

Let me know if any of the above really speak to you. If not, we'll just go with Number One.

Thanks again to all of the organizers, the other presenters, the attendees, and @MJ DeMarco!

This is going to be an incredible event!

Regards,

T

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I have a room at the hotel where the event is.

It's a 1 King bed suite with a sofa pull out. I'm willing to split with 1 or 2 people. 1 person split would be roughly $450 and 2 people would be $300.

It's reserved for Thursday night, Friday night + Saturday night.

Any takers? Most likely won't be a third person unless that person just needs a place to crash.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.