The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

*2* My Profitable Proposal For Those that Can Think In The FAST LANE *2*

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You re trying to discourage a young ambitious entrepreneur from his profitable vision

LOL.

Breaking news: "Visions" aren't profitable, only execution of visions are profitable. You seem to have confused "vision" and "effort" thinking the vision is the key to success, whereas the key is EFFORT. From my interactions with you on this thread, you are unwilling to put forth an effort. (How do I get a credit card? How do I get a bank loan? I mean what's next, how do I search on Google?).

This forum is all about giving ambitious entrepreneurs a chance of succeeding in whatever venture they want to do, including you. Unfortunately, you are looking for the straight line and everyone here is telling you there is no straight line, and when they're dissed, you get called a dumb-a$$.

While I won't resort to name-calling (I admire your tenacity in a sick way) you are misguided and delusional. I'd wish you'd pour your tenacity into a real effort that produces tangible results, one which an investor like myself can say "Hey, this kid is onto something! Look what he did!" Until then, you're just another Sidewalker with markers and flipchart looking to buy lottery tickets.

success.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
LOL.

Breaking news: "Visions" aren't profitable, only execution of visions are profitable. You seem to have confused "vision" and "effort" thinking the vision is the key to success, whereas the key is EFFORT. From my interactions with you on this thread, you are unwilling to put forth an effort. (How do I get a credit card? How do I get a bank loan? I mean what's next, how do I search on Google?).

This forum is all about giving ambitious entrepreneurs a chance of succeeding in whatever venture they want to do, including you. Unfortunately, you are looking for the straight line and everyone here is telling you there is no straight line, and when they're dissed, you get called a dumb-a$$.

While I won't resort to name-calling (I admire your tenacity in a sick way) you are misguided and delusional. I'd wish you'd pour your tenacity into a real effort that produces tangible results, one which an investor like myself can say "Hey, this kid is onto something! Look what he did!" Until then, you're just another Sidewalker with markers and flipchart looking to buy lottery tickets.

View attachment 5478

Haha that's what I do! I make it into effort! All I do is make it real. Its vision guided by unrelenting action. I might put in more effort that probably ANY entrepreneur you know. I'm not on to something big, I am DOING.

I came here to ask because maybe I thought you guys would give me unorthodox advice like grants, new ways to get loans etc with your expertise. I had no idea about taking out 5-6 credit cards until I came here, so that shows I couldn't google it. I came here for the expertise of you and other millionaires who have been in my place already about start up funds. If you met me MJ, or even spoke with me 1 on 1, your misconceptions about vision vs effort with me would be all cleared.

-Yale

Post a weekly update, please. We just want to see that at least you're taking action.

Ok yes you can get that as long as everyone's positive for me.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ok yes you can get that as long as everyone's positive for me.

We will be positive if your action(s) warranty positivity. Action-fakes will be viewed negatively.

To give you clue about the difference:

I called 105 radio stations and 7 agreed to give my demo a chance! I also sold my first copy of XYZ. I also created my first crowdfund campaign, check it out, here's a link. Heck, standing on the street corner with a tip jar would be viewed positively.

Conversely...

I got business cards and posted on 5 other forums about my great opportunity.
THIS WILL BE VIEWED AS AN ACTION-FAKE, and hence, will draw more negativity, or worse, the wrath of Jack Edwards. :)

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
We will be positive if your action(s) warranty positivity. Action-fakes will be viewed negatively.

To give you clue about the difference:

I called 105 radio stations and 7 agreed to give my demo a chance! I also sold my first copy of XYZ. I also created my first crowdfund campaign, check it out, here's a link. Heck, standing on the street corner with a tip jar would be viewed positively.

Conversely...

I got business cards and posted on 5 other forums about my great opportunity.
THIS WILL BE VIEWED AS AN ACTION-FAKE, and hence, will draw more negativity, or worse, the wrath of Jack Edwards. :)

Ok Demarco, well than I give you my word that my actions will warranty positivity. p.s Demarco sounds fresh, better than just MJ.

mimedia

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jun 25, 2013
awwww, how sweet of you to spend so much time on me :*) seriously its very flattering, no joke.

No, thank YOU good sir for the comedy gold.

bJdK1Xz.png

Ev8UK5C.png

E4nAr6M.png

OCVCh5l.png

6lCCrhR.png

S7tn4E4.png

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
I came here to ask because maybe I thought you guys would give me unorthodox advice like grants, new ways to get loans etc with your expertise.

I did....go to kickstarter and do crowdfunding. You just stayed here arguing with everyone instead of doing that. If you have something worth raising money for 14k is peanuts. You could have been setting up a campaign with the time you have wasted here.

Besides that you have managed to piss off several millionaires already and most of the people on the site who could or would help you.

G

GuestUser8117

Ok Demarco, well than I give you my word that my actions will warranty positivity. p.s Demarco sounds fresh, better than just MJ.

So...what did you do, any execution that moves you forward to your goal(s)? If no, then please stop wasting others time. Arguing like that is F*cking childish and pointless unless you want to be a comic icon. Beware about your reputation on the forum.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
No, thank YOU good sir for the comedy gold.

bJdK1Xz.png

Ev8UK5C.png

E4nAr6M.png

OCVCh5l.png

6lCCrhR.png

S7tn4E4.png

lmao that's hilarious, please keep going for my entertainment. I wish your pics actually made sense though it might actually make them better.

I did....go to kickstarter and do crowdfunding. You just stayed here arguing with everyone instead of doing that. Besides that you have managed to piss off several millionaires already and most of the people on the site who could or would help you.

I took your post into careful consideration. InLikeFlint from the forum thought of that too while brainstorming. Its just that it takes a video having to showcase my new technology and talent on the internet before they launched, and also I don't want to rely on anyone right now besides myself nor do I have time. The loan is better so I can get started now I have a lot of work to do every single day is of the essence for me.

So...what did you do, any execution that moves you forward to your goal(s)? If no, then please stop wasting others time. Arguing like that is F*cking childish and pointless unless you want to be a comic icon. Beware about your reputation on the forum.

Yes of course, I didn't come here with an idea I came here with a plan already happening. I constructed one of the biggest marketing campaigns ever attempted, it took me 4 months working 16-20 hours a day with no breaks to make (aside from memorial day and my music cultural festival), that's how big. It starts once I get the software that I designed for it. On top of that, Productions, logos, performances, choreography so so much has already been accomplished as well as MANY books having been read.

I also have 40+ books lined up to read over the course of the next 3-4 months from business, marketing to books on advanced psych and things people think might not even exist. I am not yet the person to run the million dollar empire, but I am going to be after these few months. Once I saw this opportunity, I started MAKING myself this person to make this all happen. We all always have a lot to learn. We should be humble and always continue to grow in knowledge and performance, its the only way we get better. "Set a goal so big that you can't achieve it until YOU GROW INTO THE PERSON WHO CAN."

Vidar

Business Ninjette
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jun 22, 2013
Utah
I came here to ask because maybe I thought you guys would give me unorthodox advice like grants, new ways to get loans etc with your expertise. I had no idea about taking out 5-6 credit cards until I came here, so that shows I couldn't google it. I came here for the expertise of you and other millionaires who have been in my place already about start up funds.
We all always have a lot to learn. We should be humble and always continue to grow in knowledge and performance, its the only way we get better. "Set a goal so big that you can't achieve it until YOU GROW INTO THE PERSON WHO CAN."
I've been following this rather interesting thread for a bit and, as someone who had no idea how to start a business prior to reading TMF last month, I'd just like to say that all I had to do was Google "how to start a business". A wealth of information was suddenly at my fingertips... like... like it was the Internet or something @_@

And then, when I found this forum, I read, and continue to read, thread after thread to see if my questions had already been answered. There was no need to ask for, and then ignore, the advice of the successful men and women on this forum about such basic things.

The people here want to see you progress and create something successful, not hear you bloviating constantly about how awesome you are right now, and how you're gonna be even MOAR AWESOMER! as soon as you get 14k... >__>...

A little humility and a lot of research goes a long way in life. Take the advice that you just posted.

Just sayin'.

Good luck!

failure.jpg

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
I've been following this rather interesting thread for a bit and, as someone who had no idea how to start a business prior to reading TMF last month, I'd just like to say that all I had to do was Google "how to start a business". A wealth of information was suddenly at my fingertips... like... like it was the Internet or something @_@

And then, when I found this forum, I read, and continue to read, thread after thread to see if my questions had already been answered. There was no need to ask for, and then ignore, the advice of the successful men and women on this forum about such basic things.

The people here want to see you progress and create something successful, not hear you bloviating constantly about how awesome you are right now, and how you're gonna be even MOAR AWESOMER! as soon as you get 14k... >__>...

A little humility and a lot of research goes a long way in life. Take the advice that you just posted.

Just sayin'.

Good luck!

View attachment 5479

Yea I understand, thanks. I just thought the already millionaires here could give me some extra special advice on start ups funds/loans that I couldn't find on google. And that quote is very real, it goes along with one that I always say, "from your failures come your greatest successes." Good luck with your business too, I hope it goes well for you.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Yea I understand, thanks. I just thought the already millionaires here could give me some extra special advice on start ups funds/loans that I couldn't find on google.

I think this is the main point that the others are trying to get you to understand. Sometimes when you start off, you ask the wrong questions and so the answers coming back to you aren't answering your specific question. It's not because they don't want to answer your question, it's because your question is wrong.

It's like the thread where someone asked "what's the best $250 camera to get to take photos of Ecommerce products?". The answers from knowledgeable people were that the camera itself did not matter that much and that the lighting and backdrop set up is more important. The answer was to spend $250 on lights and use the Iphone as a camera. But the OP did not listen and just wanted to buy a camera for $250. It is frustrating to answer questions like this because we don't want to see the OP fail, we are really trying to help.

In your case, the people here are telling you that getting a $14k loan is not the right focus. I haven't read through both threads enough to know what the right one is, but it feels like you think that once you get $14k that you'll start your plan and that everything will fall into place. Don't buy the $250 camera and then wonder why the pictures still come out bad. Look past the $14k and see what else you should be concentrating on. You might not even need it.

You should ask yourself, "why are the already millionaires not answering my questions directly?"

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
LMAO, what in the living hell did I miss???

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
I think this is the main point that the others are trying to get you to understand. Sometimes when you start off, you ask the wrong questions and so the answers coming back to you aren't answering your specific question. It's not because they don't want to answer your question, it's because your question is wrong.

It's like the thread where someone asked "what's the best $250 camera to get to take photos of Ecommerce products?". The answers from knowledgeable people were that the camera itself did not matter that much and that the lighting and backdrop set up is more important. The answer was to spend $250 on lights and use the Iphone as a camera. But the OP did not listen and just wanted to buy a camera for $250. It is frustrating to answer questions like this because we don't want to see the OP fail, we are really trying to help.

In your case, the people here are telling you that getting a $14k loan is not the right focus. I haven't read through both threads enough to know what the right one is, but it feels like you think that once you get $14k that you'll start your plan and that everything will fall into place. Don't buy the $250 camera and then wonder why the pictures still come out bad. Look past the $14k and see what else you should be concentrating on. You might not even need it.

You should ask yourself, "why are the already millionaires not answering my questions directly?"

I see what you are saying but the 14k is needed for the things that are essential for the company. There is no argument about their importance or any substitutes. The problem they had was the way they perceived my approach rather than what to spend my money on.

I had an idea to get a loan but someone gave me advice and I was flexible and changed it (just like the guy with the camera should have changed his focus to the lights). I'm taking out multiple credit cards instead of a loan so the advice in this thread really did help me see better in my situation. Thanks for your concern.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

This is reminds me of one of Tony Robbin's Dictums: "Questions are the answer."

I don't think name calling is necessary. The problem here is that the OP is working off of flawed propositions and premises which means everything that follows will be wrong and a trainwreck. I admire the OP's striving. The problem here is he needs to change his cognitive structure in regards to entrepreneurship IMO.

[video=youtube;vDwzmJpI4io]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDwzmJpI4io[/video]

Skip to 8:39 where Elon Talks about Assumptions and Expected Outcomes or Expected Values.(Watch the whole interview if time permits, a must watch).

Felix Dennis said the biggest reason why entrepreneurs fail is because of assumptions.

One of the questions I constantly ask myself is: What long a$$ order of actions and events need to happen in order for this business to succeed? Can I reasonably believe(not what my dumbass ego thinks) that this can thrive as a business?

Once you asks these questions you chart out and you clearly define your process.

@yaleinnovator

You see, there is no clearly defined entrepreneurial process which can reasonably have an expected value of success. This thread and your thinking reminds me of bunch of electrical wires clumped up together in a horrid knot.

Good luck :)

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Lol @yale, why'd you change up your avatar? ;) ;) I see it's changed on the other forums too.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
What do you need the 14K loan for?

For this

V

boats and hoes.

jk. Need it for some new performance technology I designed, custom software for my campaign, and some other great things.

This is reminds me of one of Tony Robbin's Dictums: "Questions are the answer."

I don't think name calling is necessary. The problem here is that the OP is working off of flawed propositions and premises which means everything that follows will be wrong and a trainwreck. I admire the OP's striving. The problem here is he needs to change his cognitive structure in regards to entrepreneurship IMO.

[video=youtube;vDwzmJpI4io]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDwzmJpI4io[/video]

Skip to 8:39 where Elon Talks about Assumptions and Expected Outcomes or Expected Values.(Watch the whole interview if time permits, a must watch).

Felix Dennis said the biggest reason why entrepreneurs fail is because of assumptions.

One of the questions I constantly ask myself is: What long a$$ order of actions and events need to happen in order for this business to succeed? Can I reasonably believe(not what my dumbass ego thinks) that this can thrive as a business?

Once you asks these questions you chart out and you clearly define your process.

@yaleinnovator

You see, there is no clearly defined entrepreneurial process which can reasonably have an expected value of success. This thread and your thinking reminds me of bunch of electrical wires clumped up together in a horrid knot.

Good luck :)

Nice video. Thanks, I believe that too. And those questions you constantly ask yourself I ask myself daily in depth as well, its what bought me here. Logical long order of actions to take for the business to succeed. I actually divided them into 3 phases and when I talk about them I refer to phase 1, phase 2, phase 3 to my staff.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I have detected a softening of your edge. If you ever can take that amazing energy you have and convert it to action, you probably WILL change the world. This forum might have been a good stop along the way for you, as we are not all your hometown homies and nobody here wants your autograph. We all grow up with our Moms telling us how great we are. Then the real world doesn't give a shit, and you have to determine if your Mom was right all along... or if she was full of shit also. Every 6 year old has potential. Every football quarterback is a legend in his high school. None of that home team false praise counts in the real world. Nobody gives a shit.

You came in here looking for a handout, and are now heading in the direction of becoming an action taker.

So go make it happen. You have taken the body blows here, and are still standing. Respectable. So... cut the drama, go become...

I don't care if you check back here or not. Totally up to you. It should be enough for you to know that IF you make it, some of the people who engaged you along the way buy your CD. I say IF because as of now, it's still on your shoulders to get up and go get it.

I saw a private comment from someone here who respected your tenacity. Your approach may have been horse shit, but if you fix that maybe you can become your vision.

So stop F*cking around here and go get yourself what ever you need to be successful.

Good luck, kid. Sincerely. Go get 'em.

p.s. stop buying fake likes on Social media. Be real. Get real fans.

Sir Ingenious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2012
I was sitting on the toilet, thinking about something.

Haven't completely gone through this thread, so I don't know what's been said all the way but here's what I think: no one really cares what problems you got or if you got any but they do care if and whenever you solve problems. No one cares if you are absent $14k ('cause that's your problem that you gotta solve) but if you managed to gather up that money on your own then at least I'll care. To me, that means you found a solution and you can be counted on to do such in the future.

In short: Ain't nobody got time for more problems. But come to me when you got a solution.

This is what being a millionaire is all about: being paid to solve many, many folks' problems. However, you gotta solve your own first. And if you can't even do that, how in the heck can I rely on you to solve my problems? And how in the heck can I even pay you to do so? And then, how will you be a millionaire when you can't even solve your own problem?

Good luck.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
I have detected a softening of your edge. If you ever can take that amazing energy you have and convert it to action, you probably WILL change the world. This forum might have been a good stop along the way for you, as we are not all your hometown homies and nobody here wants your autograph. We all grow up with our Moms telling us how great we are. Then the real world doesn't give a shit, and you have to determine if your Mom was right all along... or if she was full of shit also. Every 6 year old has potential. Every football quarterback is a legend in his high school. None of that home team false praise counts in the real world. Nobody gives a shit.

You came in here looking for a handout, and are now heading in the direction of becoming an action taker.

So go make it happen. You have taken the body blows here, and are still standing. Respectable. So... cut the drama, go become...

I don't care if you check back here or not. Totally up to you. It should be enough for you to know that IF you make it, some of the people who engaged you along the way buy your CD. I say IF because as of now, it's still on your shoulders to get up and go get it.

I saw a private comment from someone here who respected your tenacity. Your approach may have been horse shit, but if you fix that maybe you can become your vision.

So stop F*cking around here and go get yourself what ever you need to be successful.

Good luck, kid. Sincerely. Go get 'em.

Thanks Vigilante! I'm going to take your advice and I'm going to make this happen. You won't regret listening to me and seeing something special. Please close this thread, see you all in the progress thread.

-Yale

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You CAN'T be a Yale student... You just can't be.

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
I'm curious what inlikeflint, the business partner, makes of all this. Supposing yaleinnovators idea really is good, what do you make of your business partner after now reading through this whole thread? Do you still think the two of you can create a successful business?

What if this idea really does take off, how do you know that yaleinnovator won't then cut you out or pay you back for your time in funny money?

Have you two met or spoken to each other on the phone? What can you tell us about this guy that makes you want to invest either time or money? Anyone who lets me jump into their company whenever and however I want would raise my suspicion. What do you make of this?

Yaleinnovator: What role do you see inlikeflint fulfilling, and how did you determine he is a good fit for your company? How do we know you aren't just trying to screw him over?

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
I'm curious what inlikeflint, the business partner, makes of all this. Supposing yaleinnovators idea really is good, what do you make of your business partner after now reading through this whole thread? Do you still think the two of you can create a successful business?

What if this idea really does take off, how do you know that yaleinnovator won't then cut you out or pay you back for your time in funny money?

Have you two met or spoken to each other on the phone? What can you tell us about this guy that makes you want to invest either time or money? Anyone who lets me jump into their company whenever and however I want would raise my suspicion. What do you make of this?

Yaleinnovator: What role do you see inlikeflint fulfilling, and how did you determine he is a good fit for your company? How do we know you aren't just trying to screw him over?

We aren't business partners, he's trying out for position in the company. We speak on the phone, long conversations. It amazes me that someone his age can be getting involved with business to the extent he does. When he told me he was 17 I was mind blown, not because of his age being associated with incompetence, but because to me it's associated with potential. Imagine a few years from now or when hes around your age how successful he can be. He's the smartest, most ambitious 17 year old I've ever met. So for that reason I'm just giving him the opportunity to show me note worthy action and I can consider him when he grows in the future. He's going to college soon and I'm helping him with ideas, recommending some books I've read to him. We just keep in touch. Nothings definite, hes in a no risk position with me, no worries.

Making more friends here on the forum as well. If anyone just ever wants to chat shoot me a PM, I'm always looking to talk ambition with other entrepreneurs when I can.

Now as much as I'd love to talk to all of you intelligent people, I really have to get to work. Moderators, please close this thread. Thank you.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
This guy is most definitely a troll. Let's stop feeding him.

Lol I was saying this last night to someone in Skype... Yale's the most optimistic, happiest, outgoing, friendly person that's ever come through the forum. And because of all those good qualities, we all think he's a complete tool hahaha. Ironic, no?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.