The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

10 years to reach Unscripted

Idea threads

Kirby73

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 31, 2021
I've recently finished listening to Unscripted , I've probably made 80% of the mistakes listed in the book!

So now it's time to get moving, I've given myself 10 years to reach unscripted , and I think that is a fair time frame, it's possible to do it sooner.

Firstly I need to recover from all of the mistakes I have made over the last 7 years and that involves getting a job, which I am in the process of getting from there I will be working on building a product-based scalable business.

The business will NOT be on my passion which is Health and Longevity, it will be in an area where the market has indicated a problem but more than that where they actually want a solution and to pay for that solution, it also will be something where I can utilise my IT skills and network

I will be trying to get it to market to get feedback in the cheapest way possible, I also will not be leaving any form of employment until said business is generating enough revenue to support a modest salary x3 so that I can ensure it is generating enough turnover to continue to grow without taking huge investment

That is the approach for now which will change, please feel free to give me your views and thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
When in doubt, start to audience build.

It's easier to sell XYZ to an audience of 10,000 that you've built, than to an audience of 0.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I've recently finished listening to Unscripted , I've probably made 80% of the mistakes listed in the book!

So now it's time to get moving, I've given myself 10 years to reach unscripted , and I think that is a fair time frame, it's possible to do it sooner.

Firstly I need to recover from all of the mistakes I have made over the last 7 years and that involves getting a job, which I am in the process of getting from there I will be working on building a product-based scalable business.

The business will NOT be on my passion which is Health and Longevity, it will be in an area where the market has indicated a problem but more than that where they actually want a solution and to pay for that solution, it also will be something where I can utilise my IT skills and network

I will be trying to get it to market to get feedback in the cheapest way possible, I also will not be leaving any form of employment until said business is generating enough revenue to support a modest salary x3 so that I can ensure it is generating enough turnover to continue to grow without taking huge investment

That is the approach for now which will change, please feel free to give me your views and thoughts.
I find it interesting and counter-intuitive that you feel people are not willing to pay for solution to health and longevity.

Just a thought exercise, If you keep me forever 18 I will transfer you all my cash and assets because I will have time to make them back.

There are a lot problems in the health and fitness space. Just that they are hard to solve. But I am sure there is a niche who is willing to pay for it.

Most body fat scanner are horribly inaccurate.

The current wrist watch that estimate calories burnt are horribly inacurrate.

I cannot even find good sources of ready to eat cooked chicken breast, except one brand in 7-11.

There is no combat ration equivalent forms of “healthy food” that is ready to eat, easy to store, with no cooking required.

Kirby73

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 31, 2021
Update to the original post

I am now back in a job in Cyber Security as a Program Director the pay is good and it's a 12-month contract

So now to work on my CENTS business, unlike previously where I've tried to go into completely different sectors that I have not worked in before and have no network to build a business this time I am looking at the sector I have been in for 20 years and that is IT and Technology.

Cyber Security is a high-growth sector with a huge lack of supply and huge demand, companies are either scared about the impact of cybercrime and think that it can be solved with software (which it can't) or they ignore it hoping it won't happen to them until it does and they get hit by a ransomware attack.

I have been working on a Cyber Security Consultancy model, I've yet to run it against the CENTS model to see if it fits, the biggest downside to a consultancy is you need people lots of them to scale and be highly skilled in most areas.

My objective is to build the business over 3-7 years to the size where it can be acquired.

I have also been working on an M&A model to raise a fund to acquire Cyber Security business to build an ecosystem of complementary businesses that can cross-sell to each other's clients, however, that is very complicated, and without the right team I would struggle to raise 1bn + fund to execute the M&A and ultimately exit in 7-10 years and so this perhaps is the next business

My personal financial goal is to create a large capital event through the sale of the business, that I can invest the majority of it into low risk index funds @6-8% per annum to give me an income forever.

Any challenges, or questions on the above are very welcome

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.