The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pro Bodybuilder working for free

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
I was just wondering.I'm good on advice, thanks for the offer, though.
Would you mind telling us your current approach to your situation? Maybe some knowledgeable members of this forum and myself could critique it for your own benefit.

Sent from my LG-D852G using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Never deadlift without a belt.

My back is more or less permanently injured as well.Not that bad but my scoliosis didn't help the process.Also, if I'm going hard on deadlift day I always take an Advil afterwards if there's any pain.
I personally don't like and don't use belts - but as with quite a few things in the fitness world, there are very few absolutes. One absolute, though, is proper form while deadlifting, which I use religiously now.

On a separate topic, because I know how to set my back up properly, people will look at me funny and give me advice when they see me picking up heavy objects outside the gym. "lift with the legs, not your back" or some such cliche, they admonish me. I just smile and tell them that that isn't entirely true. (I recently helped move a piano. I was on one side and 4 or 5 other guys were on the other...a few giving me advice on how to lift it. It was amusing.)

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I believe there's a reason why physical activity has been praised upon since the dawn of humanity by philosophers, wise men and scholars.

There's also a profound distinction to be made in between the act of simply lifting weights in a gym and the deep introspection caused by a real Fitness experience.

I lifted weights like a idiot for a decade without much impact on my life, but the day I decided to take it seriously I truly became a smarter person.
So interesting because its almost the exact same process a business owner will go through when changing from a slow-lane to a fast-lane mentality.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
So interesting because its almost the exact same process a business owner will go through when changing from a slow-lane to a fast-lane mentality.
Ahah true. When I stopped educating myself about fitness and started my business education I was like.. Damn.. It's the exact same fu*King thing :O

Edit: Most business related books frequently refer to Fitness. On the other hand, you don't hear much about business when studying Fitness.

Edit2: and yes the sidewalk, slow lane and fast lane apply directly to Fitness. I'm thinking about literally stealing MJ's concept for my next book LOL[emoji23] I just don't see a better metaphor to describe people who Don't so shit VS people who do the wrong thing and think they're actually going places (99%) and finally VS people who actually do the right thing and end up with an amazing Fitness experience. (1%)

Last edited:

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I don't really want to get into it, but people use steroids for 2 reasons. First is to skip the process and second is to reach places their natural potential won't allow them to go. The vast majority of (young) users fall in the first category and eventually lose all their progress when they stop, so in the long run, they cannot fake true Fitness.

I work on an island with 6000 construction workers building a gas plant. You should have seen how much they all shrank when they cracked down completely on steroids and syringes. Ha! One of the weirdest things I have ever seen. (Sorry for the OT)

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Ahah true. When I stopped educating myself about fitness and started my business education I was like.. Damn.. It's the exact same fu*King thing :O

Edit: Most business related books frequently refer to Fitness. On the other hand, you don't hear much about business when studying Fitness.

Edit2: and yes the sidewalk, slow lane and fast lane apply directly to Fitness. I'm thinking about literally stealing MJ's concept for my next book LOL[emoji23] I just don't see a better metaphor to describe people who Don't so shit VS people who do the wrong thing and think they're actually going places (99%) and finally VS people who actually do the right thing and end up with an amazing Fitness experience. (1%)
that would be an awesome book - there are so many fitness books that say 'do this, not that.' I hate them all. Because they all contradict each other. (I mean, look at the way various pro (drugged) bodybuilders train - there is a fairly wide variety...some are amazingly strong, some aren't...etc etc.) A book that says, 'here's how to fail at fitness, and eventually get good at it' (kinda like what MJ went through) would be awesome.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
that would be an awesome book - there are so many fitness books that say 'do this, not that.' I hate them all. Because they all contradict each other. (I mean, look at the way various pro (drugged) bodybuilders train - there is a fairly wide variety...some are amazingly strong, some aren't...etc etc.) A book that says, 'here's how to fail at fitness, and eventually get good at it' (kinda like what MJ went through) would be awesome.
I addressed this issue of people contradicting each other in my book. It's fairly easy to understand why: The fundamentals of bodybuilding are the same for everyone, but the rest can be changed without any consequence. That's why you can end up having two awesome bodybuilders using very different approaches, but when you take a step back and analyze, you will realize that they both apply all the basics in their own matrix.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...