The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello

D

DeletedUser394

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and have a goal of one day becoming wealthy.

I'm only 15, I have already authored two investment related books, and am currently looking for a distributor.

Anyway I would like to thank MJ for that excellent success story of his. I see a lot of him in me, so I guess that's good. (I read every single business book I can get my hands on)

I can't wait to learn from this site.

I'm currently working on the development of my own website, based on a new concept I created myself. I'm hitting some roadblocks, such as being a minor therefore I have no access to credit cards and/or paypal. Regardless I'm determined to succeed.

Thanks again MJ, for creating such an amazing forum. :hurray:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

Welcome.

What are the specific topics and target audience of your current books?

The first one is geared towards beginner investors, (I currently hold a modest portfolio, 25K or so, started investing with 3K)

The second one is for kids and teens, (because I can relate), on understanding the concept of money, where it comes from, how to make it, how to save, etc.

I've currently sold just over 1000 copies as a POD (Printed on Demand)

D

DeletedUser394

I don't have a website as of yet, so I sell through different local investment clubs among other things. I'm in the process of getting my 13 digit ISBN for both. The second I have that I'll private message you.
Do you suggest that I sell them through a site like Ebay, or Amazon, or through my own independent site?

Thanks for the opportunity!

D

DeletedUser394

Otherwise, I can get you a preview of the books online, and then I can order them from the publisher directly.

But this forum is not about self-promotion, so I don't want to impose.

D

DeletedUser394

I'll definitely look into that. Thank you for the recommendation.

My only problem is that I don't have access to credit cards or the like, so I hope they offer checks or bank transfers.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Glad you made it RichKid. :icon_super: I think you have already seen the caliber of people we have on this forum. Sounds like you have some great ideas. I think you'll like it here. Good luck.:cheers:

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
Hey richkid.

My name is DJ and I'm 16. I currently sell my own book which is about the business of auto racing and how the sport can profit even more. I'm an avid Indy Car fan and I have some marketing experience so the book turned out good.

Basically I'm selling the book as an ebook right now just to get everything started. But I'm also getting about 100 hard copies printed and shipped to my house in about ten days to begin my hard copy campaign.

I set up a basic but appealing site that was easy to navigate. My paypal account is in my Dad's name but I'm about to get my own debit card so all the funds will be transferred to me.

Marketing is the biggest hurdle that I think many people face, especially when selling a self published book. Online marketing is extremely affective when used properly. Even classified ads in niche newspapers have also been beneficial to me. I would recommend taking a peak at any of Jay Conrad Levinson's Guerilla Marketing Series Books if you want to learn more about marketing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the board and congrats on the success of your early ventures. Turning $3K into $25K is an achievement many adults can't proclaim.

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
So you are 20 now DUDE you got so much knowledge i think it is almost garanteed that you will be a millionaire.
In my opinion you are the true defenition of an enthrepeneur.

May i ask the story of you life, how did you start all this?
And how come you are so enthrepeneurial?

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
642%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
He's writing a book on it now, due to come out in October i believe.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...