The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
This AMA is getting cluttered with technical posts and are kinda hijacking this thread. Maybe create another thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KennyJA

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
May 7, 2015
OK.

You said you create new accounts weekly/daily. Do you have many within the same niche? What's your rules for starting a new IG?

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
OK.

You said you create new accounts weekly/daily. Do you have many within the same niche? What's your rules for starting a new IG?

Yes in some I do. And if there is enough of an audience within that niche.

MZhang

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 21, 2013
Hello Jim D,

Thank you for contributing to this forum with some amazing information. I bought followliker yesterday and am in the process of testing out your method of "likes". Quick question: is there setting where you can have followliker go to a specific user and go into their followers and only like those follower's posts?

Thanks ahead of time!

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Hello Jim D,

Thank you for contributing to this forum with some amazing information. I bought followliker yesterday and am in the process of testing out your method of "likes". Quick question: is there setting where you can have followliker go to a specific user and go into their followers and only like those follower's posts?

Thanks ahead of time!

You'll have to contact Followliker for that as I have my own bot...

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
If you want you can pm me and I can look at your page, see if I can offer any pointers.

I use nothing but "likes" nowadays, daily safe limit for me is 1900-2100 likes a day per account, anything over 2500 you would be putting your account at risk. I used to use "comments" but I manually just comment on a need to basis, makes it more authentic.

The key is to get your account big enough so it will have the drop down option of suggested users. I get tons of followers from the suggested users box. And a lot of my accounts are intertwined so they fall into each other's "suggested users".

The easiest niches to grow are humor, quotes, and anything related to girl demographics.

Most follow back just from the "likes" alone.

Easy way to come up with page ideas is to see what already works. For example, go to http://www.cheezburger.com/ every category you see in there is an Instagram page you can create. Now just scrape some photos related to the category and have it set to upload with your bot.
How do you scrape photos?

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Just bumping here with some updates notes....

I hit over 100 followers today.

Yeah I know, nothing impressive. However, I meant to take this slow on purpose.

It's been 2 weeks now I am going to start pushing things to the edge after Today. I feel like I have learned a lot about Instagram and Followliker and few other things too.

• For one, scraping only the top pics works out better than not. You are getting active people who are actively posting right now. I am going to also try liking pics of people who follow a larger account too....

• Second, for hashtags.. niche related is best for your pics, but sprinkle in some top tags like [HASHTAG]#instagood[/HASHTAG]

• Follow back some of the people that follow you. I am doing Jim's method of just liking, but for each person that follows me.. I follow them back. I don't follow them first and see if they will follow me later ( and then remove them like some people do ). After today, I prob won't waste time on this though. The first couple hundred are prob. good to do though as it makes your account look more realistic and you build up an initial audience.

• Building up the account first by hand with pics I post and hashtags and comments is
    awesome, but after some point ( for me, 100 followers and 2 weeks testing ) it's time to automate more. Automating this without hashtags will prob be fine.

• Bigger niches, get you more followers quicker.

• Post things outside your niche randomly sometimes. An account that's all about 1 topic looks odd to people after a while.

• ABB - Always Be Building. I am going to set up a process to let me build a new account per week even if it means I have to build my own bot.

• This has to be a part of your master plan, not be the master plan itself. Use this to help expand your twitter followers, facebook page, and email list.

I'm turning the dail to 11 today. Thanks @JimD for this thread.

Last edited:

Phillipbro

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 10, 2013
Ontario
Do you think Facebook is going to eventually implement a limit on how many of your followers can see your posts, the same way they did this for Facebook pages. With the roll-out of Instagram ads this could be the case, and that would suck so bad.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I like what you have written @eliquid but not sure on this:

Post things outside your niche randomly sometimes. An account that's all about 1 topic looks odd to people after a while.

I think keeping your niche tight and to the point is exactly what followers like. If I was following a diving account I don't want to see pictures that are not relevant as it's not what I started to follow the account for after all.

The reason I am pointing this out is that I have had some great comments about the quality of the images and flow of the gallery. However I did experiment and have posted a couple of slightly off topic images and there have been negative comments and very little interaction with likes down over 75% for those pics.

Now it might just be my niche so YMMV but that has been my findings.

Sheps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Oct 10, 2015
UK
Do you find there is a prime time to post your ads?

This has been a very educational thread, really been learning a lot.

Lawrence Barse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Mar 8, 2014
Hi @JimD

one simple question. You said you have over 40 accounts. How do you post updates to each account, since the web app does not allow users to post images.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Hi @JimD

one simple question. You said you have over 40 accounts. How do you post updates to each account, since the web app does not allow users to post images.

Please read all my previous posts in this thread before asking a question.

Jens

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 20, 2015
Awesome thread, @JimD!

I started (in April) a motivational quote account (that market is huge by the way), and manually got 11-12k followers by doing the follow/unfollow method. I had a huge percentage of followbacks because of my quality content (important guys). However, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because it doesn't generate "organic" followers. So even with that many followers, I would still only get 100-300 likes per picture.

Due to getting bored and busy, I haven't been tending to the IG account, but this thread sparked by interest again.

Question: My account which doesn't post very often (once every week or two), but focuses on quality posts instead, could that turn into something huge? I see most accounts in the same niche just blows up their IG by posting as much as 2-4 times a day. As mentioned, the photos are of motivational quotes with some cool background photo, but I also supplement the quote with a text/story related to the quote below in picture description, which makes my account stand out from the rest.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Awesome thread, @JimD!

Question: My account which doesn't post very often (once every week or two), but focuses on quality posts instead, could that turn into something huge?

It all depends, but it wouldn't grow as fast without a bot or shoutouts.

Jens

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 20, 2015
It all depends, but it wouldn't grow as fast without a bot or shoutouts.

You're right. I guess it's better for personal branding, and not good at targeting the mass market and going "fastlane".

MZhang

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 21, 2013
Hey Jim,

I have setting for 1900 - 2200 likes/day but my statistics is showing around 1400 likes per day. What am I doing wrong?

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida
Hey Jim,

I have setting for 1900 - 2200 likes/day but my statistics is showing around 1400 likes per day. What am I doing wrong?

Can't really say? Try to contact support for the bot you are using, they can help you out more than I can for that problem.

jplpublishing

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 12, 2015
JimD, are you using any 3rd party software to schedule your posts? If so, can you share with us what you're using. Thank you in advance.

snappyhappy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 3, 2015
Hi @JimD, thanks for the info much appreciated, heaps of value!

Which commands do you find give the best results when using FollowLiker to Like people's photos? (User's Followers, User's who commented, User's who liked etc.)

I've set up my accounts using FollowLiker to like 1800-2000 photos a day with a 17-28 second delay. I've used just 'User's Follower' of 4-5 accounts I want to target, but I'm only getting 15-20 new followers a day.

Any thoughts? (My accounts have about 2k followers already)

Thanks a lot!

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Hey Jim,

Try setting more hashtags, or liking more 'user photos', or setting the average likes per page to a higher number. It could just be that you're not setting enough hashtags, idk.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013

Which commands do you find give the best results when using FollowLiker to Like people's photos? (User's Followers, User's who commented, User's who liked etc.)

I've set up my accounts using FollowLiker to like 1800-2000 photos a day with a 17-28 second delay. I've used just 'User's Follower' of 4-5 accounts I want to target, but I'm only getting 15-20 new followers a day.

Any thoughts? (My accounts have about 2k followers already)

Thanks a lot!

What's your general settings like ( not your wizard settings )

MZhang

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 21, 2013
For the ones using follow/unfollow method, does Instagram care how many follow and unfollow I do if I am doing it manually? What would you say is a safe parameter total/day or total/user? Or is there no difference doing it manually vs using bot like followliker? Thank you for any inputs.

JimD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
May 25, 2011
Florida

Can't give you an accurate answer to this as I don't use Followliker... but I do target a page's followers.

Jens

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jul 20, 2015
For the ones using follow/unfollow method, does Instagram care how many follow and unfollow I do if I am doing it manually? What would you say is a safe parameter total/day or total/user? Or is there no difference doing it manually vs using bot like followliker? Thank you for any inputs.
If you're doing it manually as often as possible, you'll get banned - as I did once. Because Istagram will think you're a bot. However, I recovered my account. If I remember correct, I think I was able to follow 50 people manually on IG every 30 or 60 min, and about 100 people every 60 min on a 3rd party IG website (which I can't remember at the moment).

Last edited:

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
This thread would benefit from a bit of a mod intro intervention- maybe some quotes from this thread in the first post - such as this is not 1 month get rich scheme, and you need capital to start, etc.

Thanks for the thread Jim. I talked about an idea yesterday with a friend and she agreed it could be huge on IG. Time to learn.

Can you please point to a book/guide for Snapchat if you know one? Thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.