The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can I capitalize on this opportunity?

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
---General contractor/ landscape contractor looking for a salesman to solicit Architects, realtors, interior decorators, etc. Opportunity to generate endless repeat business. This is a commissioned position with tremendous potential. Send resume if you are interested in learning more---

While I don't have any sales experience whatsoever, I think I can use some sort of creative thinking to get customers/deals for this contractor. Instead of going door to door, could I possibly create a website specifically targeting 50 mile radius of this area? hmmm any experienced guys capitalize on something like this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser113

Youre-Killing-Me-Smalls-The-Sandlot.gif

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
Great movie. Why am I killin u though? This is the only place I can ask successful people for help on. Sick and tired of killin myself for pennies working for a moving company.

Was watching the pursuit of happiness guy talk and he said he saw a young guy in a supercar and asked him what did he do and how did he do it. That's what made him pursue stock broking. Well I asked those same two questions to a youngish guy in an M4 today. He told me to F*ck off. Not really sure where I can communicate with people I strive to be like anymore

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
This is the only place I can ask successful people for help
The ONLY place??? Has there been any successful people in the world who haven't visited this forum?

Was watching the pursuit of happiness guy talk and he said he saw a young guy in a supercar and asked him what did he do and how did he do it. That's what made him pursue stock broking. Well I asked those same two questions to a youngish guy in an M4 today. He told me to F*ck off.
I have a feeling @Raoul Duke is about to turn this into a viral meme.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
The ONLY place??? Has there been any successful people in the world who haven't visited this forum?

I don't come from a family of successful people. If I see that 100k car pull up you bet I ask. I get that feeling in my stomach like I'm nervous but I say F*ck that. That feeling is fear. I gotta conquer fear everyday if I want to make it. I make fear my bish.

I want to work under successful people. Learn the ropes. Absorb the knowledge. I need $$. I'll kill for it jk. I come from the category of people who literally bust their a$$ their whole life just slaving away living a shit life bc they don't see better opportunity. Yall take this forum all jokey jokey bc your comfortable. I'm trying to survive out here I have people who need me to succeed.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
I dunno, send him your resume and job application?

"
While I don't have any sales experience whatsoever, I think I can use some sort of creative thinking to get customers/deals for this contractor. Instead of going door to door, could I possibly create a website specifically targeting 50 mile radius of this area? hmmm any experienced guys capitalize on something like this?"

makes me think you are looking on how to make some money on the side while helping someone else grow their business while working. Working for someone else so they can have more freedom. You have to think about this in the fastlane approach. One contractor is having some issues about selling to other businesses. Is this a problem for many contractors? Why do they not use a site like Angies-list? Can I leverage this problem to apply to every contractor in my city? county? state? region? country? These are the questions you need to ask. Not "how do y'all suggest I work for this person."

Last edited by a moderator:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Pull out your TMF and go chapter by chapter. List here what applies to what you are trying to do. Talk out an idea instead of asking for a hand out. You will get more responses......

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Was watching the pursuit of happiness guy talk and he said he saw a young guy in a supercar and asked him what did he do and how did he do it. That's what made him pursue stock broking. Well I asked those same two questions to a youngish guy in an M4 today. He told me to F*ck off. Not really sure where I can communicate with people I strive to be like anymore

LOL

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
---General contractor/ landscape contractor looking for a salesman to solicit Architects, realtors, interior decorators, etc. Opportunity to generate endless repeat business. This is a commissioned position with tremendous potential. Send resume if you are interested in learning more---

While I don't have any sales experience whatsoever, I think I can use some sort of creative thinking to get customers/deals for this contractor. Instead of going door to door, could I possibly create a website specifically targeting 50 mile radius of this area? hmmm any experienced guys capitalize on something like this?

Learn the requirements of the job and answer to yourself what value you will bring to this company. If you think you can create a website within a 50 mile radius of the area and generate leads, then put a nice little plan together and present it to them, show them the value you present and you better damn deliver if they take you on. Go get it and let us know the outcome.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
You're off to a good start. Sending a letter outling who you are and why you would KILL it might be enough. If that doesn't work, send another email or call with a different pitch. Then a different one.

Propose a differen way you would add value in each pitch. You'll eventually hit a hot button .

That's sales bro.

And real entrepreneurs don't give nearly as many F*cks about your degrees and experience as they gve for you being creative, reliable, coachable and relentlessly persistent.

So DECIDE to BE those things and do it.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
Appreciate all the responses fellas.

I dunno, send him your resume and job application?

"
While I don't have any sales experience whatsoever, I think I can use some sort of creative thinking to get customers/deals for this contractor. Instead of going door to door, could I possibly create a website specifically targeting 50 mile radius of this area? hmmm any experienced guys capitalize on something like this?"

makes me think you are looking on how to make some money on the side while helping someone else grow their business while working. Working for someone else so they can have more freedom. You have to think about this in the fastlane approach. One contractor is having some issues about selling to other businesses. Is this a problem for many contractors? Why do they not use a site like Angies-list? Can I leverage this problem to apply to every contractor in my city? county? state? region? country? These are the questions you need to ask. Not "how do y'all suggest I work for this person."
your right. I'm not thinking deeper enough. i was originally searching for jobs in craigslist for quick money, but also for engagement in an industry. Reading mjs book told me that I need open my front door and engage in a particular industry if I want to see opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:

valuecreator

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Apr 16, 2015
Australia
Mate, seems to me that the opportunity is not a J.O.B. (Just Over Broke).

Instead, set-up a platform, system or process to get leads for contractors.

Do it differently, or better than others, and you're in business.

Don't sell your time, Spend your time selling...

Look at this guy: http://mixergy.com/interviews/mike-russel-paintzen/

If he can do it, so can you!

Last edited:

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
If you have no experience, see if you can work on a commision only basis to learn. No financial risk for the company.

Achilles

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 2, 2014
Yea that's what I'm gonna do. Currently working my first day for a boat detailing company. My god I am absolutely exhausted. Gonna really dig into this..

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Yea that's what I'm gonna do. Currently working my first day for a boat detailing company. My god I am absolutely exhausted. Gonna really dig into this..
You can turn this into a side hustle/business opportunity for yourself after you learn the ropes.

Back in high school me and another guy got 20000 flyers designed and printed. I walked around rich areas on the weekends and hung them up on doors. The response rate was really low, but that's to be expected, and each boat paid $300+ with upsells like polishing the stainless so it was worth it. The flyers were our angle because other boat detailing companies weren't using them to market.

The basic premise is: anyone with a half brain can do a decent boat detail with simple tools. And they do. The angle is to be found in how you MARKET your services, be it the flyers or a website. Get experience in some industry and find that angle.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.