The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Location Independent Business Models

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
G

GuestUser116

For more than half a year I've been doing self publishing / sourcing writers to write for me. I've created some success with... In far distance from what I'm shooting for though. The thing I like about this business model is its 100% automatic and location independent. Through the months, month in, month out, all my interest for this business model is lost!!

Now I'm looking into a new business model to go balls deep in. I want a model that's 100% or almost 100% automated and I want it to be location independent. Somewhere from $2k - $4k a month is what I'm shooting for.

So taking a look into drop shipping now and I'll give that a shot or 5. Maybe there's a superior business model through which I can achieve $2k - $4k a month?? What is it?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
That's a really open ended question. How do you want it to be automated, software or outsourcing?

How much work do you want to put in on a weekly basis?

Do you have any skills that might help contribute towards the creation of a product that you can sell and stock, regardless of location?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Drop shipping is not a sustainable business model. No control, limited value add, and terrible margin. Drop shippers are a dispensable cog and unnecessary cost in the supply chain. Even if you can hit your revenue target, it is a volatile business model.

G

GuestUser113

I don't know, but here is a bunny with a pancake on it's head. :)

pancake_bunny.jpg

G

GuestUser116

That's a really open ended question. How do you want it to be automated, software or outsourcing?

How much work do you want to put in on a weekly basis?

Do you have any skills that might help contribute towards the creation of a product that you can sell and stock, regardless of location?
Either one. Nothing more than 2-4 hours once its done.

Calisthenics, weight lifting, intermittent fasting, plyometrics, sprinting/track, nutrition/macros/intake, testosterone, primitive lifestyle, are all something I can create a product with maybe.

I know how to setup a wordpress site and work it, format titles, some cover design, and outsourcing workers.

geekboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 8, 2013
Cheshire, UK
Maybe there's a superior business model through which I can achieve $2k - $4k a month?? What is it?

If I could figure this out I'd be straight on the next plane for SE Asia!

The Duc

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
May 18, 2014
AZ
I've been location independent and more or less permanently traveling for the past 5 years so I'll give you a bit of my perspective.

Your focus on a location independent business model is completely wrong. We live in the future. Almost any business can be run these days location independently. If it can't it definitely fails the Scale and Time commandments of CENTS.

I talked with a bunch of people about this at the meetup. My business is in a 100 year old industry, hell you could probably make a convincing argument its a 5000 year old industry. You don't need some affiliate marketing, drop-shipping, adwords niche site fly by night mumbo jumbo (no offense to the three of you that are really successful with that model).

My competitors have offices and employees, furniture and computers, electric bills and receptionists. I have a laptop and a cell phone. My clients call my business number and it forwards to my cell phone in whatever country I happen to be in at the time. They think I'm sitting in an office in East Boring, Anystate USA but I'm sitting in a cafe on a mountain top in Croatia (true story).

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Last edited by a moderator:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I think you got it all backwards. Based on your language you are looking for an "easy" business that has no work and gives $4k a month. The way to be location independent and relatively passive is to create a business and eventually hire people to do the daily work. Starting a business with the words, passive and location independent just mean that you will be looking at poor business models where you that won't sustain your goals.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I've been location independent and more or less permanently traveling for the past 5 years so I'll give you a bit of my perspective.

Your focus on a location independent business model is completely wrong. We live in the future. Almost any business can be run these days location independently. If it can't it definitely fails the Scale and Time commandments of CENTS.

I talked with a bunch of people about this at the meetup. My business is in a 100 year old industry, hell you could probably make a convincing argument its a 5000 year old industry. You don't need some affiliate marketing, drop-shipping, adwords niche site fly by night mumbo jumbo (no offense to the three of you that are really successful with that model).

My competitors have offices and employees, furniture and computers, electric bills and receptionists. I have a laptop and a cell phone. My clients call my business number and it forwards to my cell phone in whatever country I happen to be in at the time. They think I'm sitting in an office in East Boring, Anystate USA but I'm sitting in a cafe on a mountain top in Croatia (true story).

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Love. This. Post.

Last edited by a moderator:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
They think I'm sitting in an office in East Boring, Anystate USA but I'm sitting in a cafe on a mountain top in Croatia (true story).

I actually had a work call ring through my cell two nights ago. I was walking home from a bar in Sydney, Australia, it was 2 am here and 9am in the USA.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I used to take calls from my boat. I would literally have to cut the engines and float so that there wasn't boat engine noise while I was talking to a client or retail buyer. Perception is everything. As far as they knew, I was sitting in my office. (then I wrecked the boat...)

It is also the reason to keep your business associates OFF of your personal Facebook page. I take calls when I am sitting poolside in Maui, but nobody wants to know that you're poolside with a pineapple rum drink while they are in their cubicle.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I know how to setup a wordpress site and work it, format titles, some cover design, and outsourcing workers.

Bahahaha @MJ DeMarco "Set up a wordpress, get rich."

@biophase and @Vigilante nailed it - you're trying to make your business passive and location independent from the get go, when you should be thinking about, and accept, the thousands of hours you'll need to put in before ever being location independent.

When you've already done this once, it's much easier to be location independent from the start.

You CAN go the route of an affiliate marketer, or other "passive" business models, but they to violate control in an extreme away. There are many affiliate marketers that are "location independent" but let me tell you, the very successful ones are extremely hard workers. They aren't creating business systems, they're usually running traffic and managing campaigns - it's a grind.

You're in "easy thinking mode."

It ain't easy.

Start focusing on the RIGHT things.

Last edited:
G

GuestUser116

I do want it easy. Easy in the end though. I'm willing to put in the hard work now so that I can reap that easy later. Thing is I don't know where to put in that hard work, drop shipping ain't the one.

G

GuestUser116

I'm thinking of creating an info product again. Something on,
Calisthenics, weight lifting, intermittent fasting, plyometrics, sprinting/track, nutrition/macros/intake, testosterone, primitive lifestyle, are all something I can create a product with maybe.
Thoughts?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I think you have entrepreneurial ADHD.
That's something that comes up all the time in my weekly mastermind call. "I want to do ebooks, and udemy courses, and youtube videos, and private label a product, and host workshops, and do real estate, and..." the list goes on. Every time it comes up, everyone agrees to just focus on 1 thing until success.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Dude. stop. Just stop.

STOP asking US what we think YOU should do.

Start testing your ideas and products on the market.

Guess what? I asked about an idea I had on this forum. It got 0 responses.

I KILLED it with that concept and business.

We don't know what will work out for you.

Go put your a$$ on the line and GET some shit into the market.

The market is the only thing that matters. No online "guru" is going to give you the magic answer.

Nah I've been consistent with self pub for months.

If this were true you'd already have your answer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.