The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Healthy energy drink alternatives?

livelovelimu

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 23, 2014
I understand. Thank you for shortening my learning curve on how to not be an idiot. I honestly meant no harm. I felt I had valuable information to what happened to be one of the first posts I saw when I joined. I can see how I came across though and I'm sorry! And I hope we can now put this behind us.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Coca tea is good clean energy. Too bad it's illegal and only available in a few South American countries. Banning coca tea is like banning grapes because it can be turned into wine ;)

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
Not sure how I missed this thread (puts on energy snack box peddler hat)...

Aside from all the suggestions here (definitely try the coffee with extra cream) you might consider Brain Toniq. It does not have any caffeine in it, but still gives you a similar kick. At some point I'm going to try all the ingredients separately (awesome stuff like algae skimmed off Klamath Lake) and find out which of the 5 ingredients is "the one".

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Some great suggestions here. I will try the coffee with extra cream and see what that does.

A super low cost alternative for me is 100% Lime Juice (maybe 2 or 3 shots), or even biting into a Lime first thing in the morning. Ginger Altoids may be a good pairing with that as well. Along with 30-50 squats.

That should get you up right away.

BAGreat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 5, 2014
Look into Maca Powder. I have tried it and the effect is a slightly more controlled Red Bull buzz. I take a rounded Tablespoon. It is also good for libido and regulating your hormones. But, if you are truly serious into boosting yourself, look into Modafinil. It is not natural, but it is unparalleled in its effects. Be careful with the dosage. If you take too much, you will not get any sleep that night. It is advised to break the pill in half and take just that. I have not tried it myself, but there are more than enough reviews out there. It is definitely worth checking out. You need a prescription in the U.S., but there are alternate methods of obtaining it via online.

7elusal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 2, 2014
British Columbia
Look into Maca Powder. I have tried it and the effect is a slightly more controlled Red Bull buzz. I take a rounded Tablespoon. It is also good for libido and regulating your hormones. But, if you are truly serious into boosting yourself, look into Modafinil. It is not natural, but it is unparalleled in its effects. Be careful with the dosage. If you take too much, you will not get any sleep that night. It is advised to break the pill in half and take just that. I have not tried it myself, but there are more than enough reviews out there. It is definitely worth checking out. You need a prescription in the U.S., but there are alternate methods of obtaining it via online.

The good stuff~!!!

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
Buy a juice machine, preferably a masticating juice machine. I recommend Tribest Slowstar, Tribest Greenstar, or if you can spend a lot of money, the Super Angel, or the Norwalk Juicer. I don't recommend a centrifugal juice machine because those extract a lot less nutrients and are not good for leafy vegetables. Then juice things like beets, kale, ginger, red cabbage, carrots, etc. Buy organic veggies. Farmers markets are good. Using a juice machine will give you a lot more nutrition, which will give you more energy and better health. A juice machine will extract nutrients from veggies better than your digestive system, plus it'll let you consume far more veggies.

Also coconut milk and coconut oil are good for energy and have a lot of health benefits.

Foods made out of flour will drain energy and there's other bad things about them, so avoid flour products, like pasta, bread, pastries, etc.

Last edited:

SLAJ888

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Apr 25, 2015
Black coffee, coconut oil, green juice. A lot of people like the "bulletproof coffee" with grass fed butter and MCT oil.

My personal favourite that was tought to me by a personal trainer who really knew his stuff and I used as a preworkout was:

2 teaspoons of Red Superfood powder (like complex berry)
2 teaspoons of organic coffee
25grams of spinach

Blend that up, chug it and follow it up with one table spoon of coconut oil

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Coffee. Exercise. Low/No carbs. Micro Nutrients in your body. Not sitting for too long. Meditation. Kratom (please do your research before considering this option.)

Sleep WHENEVER you need it. I prefer to do nothing for 2 hours and wake up invigorated, than to pretend I'm doing something for 5 hours without results, and while feeling miserable. Your body knows itself better than someone else knows it. Listen to it.

That's my approach at least.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be taking my afternoon nap so that I can feel good later and work on my course in the evening.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Coconut milk is a great energy booster.
It contains MCFAs that are rapidly metabolized into energy in the liver.
Albeit you may have explosive results for a few days while your body adjusts
to the high level of fats but after that its a great energy booster.

Harestock09

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Sep 22, 2014
Anyone know of a healthy alternative to energy drinks? This seems to be my last vice. I tend to have one in the morning, and I very much enjoy the boost it gives me. I've tried coffee, but it doesn't have the same kick.

Sleep.

Get more sleep.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Anyone know of a healthy alternative to energy drinks? This seems to be my last vice. I tend to have one in the morning, and I very much enjoy the boost it gives me. I've tried coffee, but it doesn't have the same kick.
Can you define "healthy alternative" ?

We're releasing an energy supplement soon but it may/may not be what you're after

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.