The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Healthy energy drink alternatives?

Thriftypreneur

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 8, 2013
Anyone know of a healthy alternative to energy drinks? This seems to be my last vice. I tend to have one in the morning, and I very much enjoy the boost it gives me. I've tried coffee, but it doesn't have the same kick.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Seppo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Oct 7, 2014
Not sure, don't really drink energy drinks. I do however remember watching Shark Tank a couple of months ago and some kind of energy drink was presented. Ruckpack or something like that. Made from some army guy.

Last edited:

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jul 29, 2014
I changed from coffee to green tea and black tea. I doubt they will give you such a kick as red bull, but the more potent sorts are pretty strong..

Jared P

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 16, 2014
Boulder, Colorado
Anyone know of a healthy alternative to energy drinks? This seems to be my last vice. I tend to have one in the morning, and I very much enjoy the boost it gives me. I've tried coffee, but it doesn't have the same kick.

You should start looking into Kombucha. Whole Foods and Safeway sell different varieties. GT's is one of the popular brands and is great. I have started making my own - which can be an extensive process but once you get into it, it can be simple.

Kombucha has caffeine, is a probiotic (helps with digestion and weight loss). If you've never heard of it - go and check it out.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Beet juice.
Dwight_Schrute.jpg

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
I don't think there are many commercially available healthy energy drinks. You could crush up a caffeine pill and put the powder in the blender for a fruit smoothie?

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Quality coffee. Heavy Cream, yes heavy. And if you wish some coconut palm sugar. Dont imagine that any energy drink will have less ingredients.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Cutting out excess and unnecessary sugar from your diet, eliminating caffeine altogether, exercising, better sleep, gallon of water a day, getting all your fruits and vegetables, multivitamin, fish oil, green tea, red tea.

Well, it was a pretty open ended question after all, not specifying anything in particular.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
homemade coconut milk ( srs) that stuff goes straight to your liver and gets metabolized into energy although you might/will have "explosive results" if your digestive system isn't used to the high levels of fats ( good fats) and it will take time for you to get use to it.

I use to take G-fuel a lot too and it was amazing I got addicted then had to stop taking it for awhile

merc

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 12, 2014
Pu-ehr tea. If you like your coffee black you'll love this. It's strong:)

jec1521

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Oct 28, 2013
New Jersey
Energy drinks are my vice also. Have had one every morning for the past 7 years or so. Something about it in the AM that nothing else does for me.

I would be interested in a healthier substitute as well.

livelovelimu

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 23, 2014
I drink blu frog 2 by limu. Full disclosure: I sell it also:). No artificial stimulants. Happy to answer any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
I drink blu frog 2 by limu. Full disclosure: I sell it also:). No artificial stimulants. Happy to answer any questions. Kellybailey.iamlimu.com

Your first post is pushing some junk MLM product?

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
There's a ginseng thing that's sold overseas and in some asian markets. Forgot what it was called. It's in a small brown glass bottle with a red label. Not sure if it's entirely healthy but it did give me the same effect as other drinks.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I drink blu frog 2 by limu. Full disclosure: I sell it also:). No artificial stimulants. Happy to answer any questions. Kellybailey.iamlimu.com
Nice of you to provide your real name, Kelly.
and, a picture and, a phone number.
Sweet

livelovelimu

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 23, 2014
Goodness! I certainly didn't mean to upset the masses! I'm just exploring the forum and getting started. I deeply regret doing it wrong!

jilla82

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jun 4, 2012
Chicago
ive been playing w/ my diet to see what gives me the most energy.

I think it was the carbs that have been weighing me down.
Im doing a intermittent fast where I eat between the hours of 12pm-8pm, and the other 16 hours I only drink water/coffee.

I feel great, and havent had that afternoon crash since.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Last edited by a moderator:

Marcel1986

On a trip in the fastlane....
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jul 8, 2009
World citizen living in Spain / Germany
I drink a double Espresso in the morning before working out ! Just preparing it in the evening, put it in the fridge get up, drink the shot and start doing whatever you want :D
And also love green tea from time to time

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014

BEYOND TANGY. can't find anything better

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.