The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is this Fastlane? $700K/day. LOL.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Well my mind has been blown
Didn't realize candy crush + clash of clans were making that much

King (makers of Candy Crush) went public a couple of months ago at a 7+ billion valuation, off the back of $2B in 2013 revenue, most of which was from Candy Crush.

SuperCell had almost $1B in 2013 revenue and sold part of the company at a $3B valuation.

So ya, games can make money... if you're at the top of the list.

That's a pretty impressive royalty, and probably well deserved since the game is literally just a reskin of an existing game, making the brand pretty much the only reason for people to play it. However, the linked article doesn't seem to know the difference between revenue and profit. I imagine that they're spending most of the revenue on user acquisition.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EnglandBorn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 24, 2014
Argh, it seems like everyday there is a new idea I could run with!

Anyone who is struggling to find an idea - just replicate this with another celebrity. Hell, do a hip hop version with Kayne West where players can level up to becoming a massive hip hop star.

A

Angus

Input?

SHE is the product.

Her input is above 99%.

The same game without her name attached wouldn't even be making 7 cents a day.
FTFY

kim kardashian is doing what women can do best: monopolizing on her body and looks
that's why she has so much haters AND fans, because she's the worst nightmare of every feminist AND because she lives the dream of every girl, getting rich and famous only for BEING

i think she's doing great

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

GreedyBGoode

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 7, 2014
UK
TFM analysis
N - clearly
E - only 1 kim
S - mobile app platform, so... obviously
C - actually judging from how out of control they all look in the few snippets I've seen... I'm not too sure about this one
T - I doubt she spends any time on this

Plus... clearly affects millions.

Not sure if there's anything faster than fastlane, but this looks pretty close to it

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
Shes known from being famous- where is the proccess, because I can't see any?

I think that flappy bird developer deserved more for a topic on this forum. 50k $ a day is also impressive, especially when you live in Vietnam :)

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
She gets 45% of the profit.

http://perezhilton.com/2014-07-16-kim-kardashian-video-game-money#.U9nYakh4jXk

IMO Kim and her mom are impressive.
There have been a good amount of people in her position, but they werent able to turn it into the career that she has.
She's an easy target to hate on, but she clearly is no dummy.

I was giving this thread some thought and was going to say what you said but decided to just let this thread ride, but, you are right. Her mother has been getting things done and even with her mom there are others who have parent(s) managing them and have been unable to capitalize as well as Kim. It is certainly a combination of smarts, strategy, luck, timing, hard work, (in no particular order), that has put her in a great position to continue to make income for a long long time.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Shes known from being famous- where is the proccess, because I can't see any?

I think that flappy bird developer deserved more for a topic on this forum. 50k $ a day is also impressive, especially when you live in Vietnam :)

You're looking at the event of an article describing how much she makes in a day. The process is the last decade(?) she's spent building her name and public image up. I don't know much about her, but I know she's well known.

What would you have to do to go from average Joe to internationally recognizable celebrity? THAT'S process.

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
You're looking at the event of an article describing how much she makes in a day. The process is the last decade(?) she's spent building her name and public image up. I don't know much about her, but I know she's well known.

What would you have to do to go from average Joe to internationally recognizable celebrity? THAT'S process.

Agreed, she's a marketing expert. If you think about most celebrities aka movie stars/rock stars, MOST have a short blip on the radar of fame, then fizzle out. Many of the hip hop artists I listened to in high school (circa 2005-06) aren't in the limelight anymore, that's how fast fame can strike and be taken away because public opinion is fickle.

She's cultivated it by first building a network of buds (she gained some starting buzz by rubbing elbows with Paris Hilton when she was the socialite of the year) and from there manages to stay relevant. Kim's stayed relevant such that people will spend an hour a week just watching her life [would you do that with anyone else?], she's built an aura around herself which is why she's still much more famous than her sisters who are on the show too.

Brand yourself = bottom line seems to be the lesson.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Agreed, she's a marketing expert. If you think about most celebrities aka movie stars/rock stars, MOST have a short blip on the radar of fame, then fizzle out. Many of the hip hop artists I listened to in high school (circa 2005-06) aren't in the limelight anymore, that's how fast fame can strike and be taken away because public opinion is fickle.

She's cultivated it by first building a network of buds (she gained some starting buzz by rubbing elbows with Paris Hilton when she was the socialite of the year) and from there manages to stay relevant. Kim's stayed relevant such that people will spend an hour a week just watching her life [would you do that with anyone else?], she's built an aura around herself which is why she's still much more famous than her sisters who are on the show too.

Brand yourself = bottom line seems to be the lesson.

I'd watch an hour long show of some of the more successful people on this forum's day-to-day. Granted it would be a week edited into an hour with some scripting...but it would be more interesting to me than that Duck Dynasty show my family raves about.

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
I still think that there is much more events in her live than proccess- don't get me wrong, i don't hate her or something. But can anyone tell me WHY is she famous? It just happened- TV show. That could turn her into marketing expert, but it was a conlusion of an event, not a process. She was born in rich family. Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't read her biography, I'm not that much interested

nzerinto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Aug 1, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I thought I'd just leave this here....

tumblr_mdj0hgm9TU1ri3dt2o1_500.png

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
I still think that there is much more events in her live than proccess- don't get me wrong, i don't hate her or something. But can anyone tell me WHY is she famous? It just happened- TV show. That could turn her into marketing expert, but it was a conlusion of an event, not a process. She was born in rich family. Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't read her biography, I'm not that much interested

She first became famous because her sex tape with her C-list celebrity boyfriend RayJ went viral.

When it first happened, I thought she was just reckless...but now that I see what she's accomplished, I wouldn't be surprised if she used it as a launching pad, like Paris Hilton's, seeing how in-demand celebrity sex tapes are.

Using her 15 minutes of fame, she leveraged that into a reality series and numerous cameos on TV and film within a year or two. After that, she was able to rebrand herself from being a partying socialite to a business woman (she had her own fashion line, fragrance line, wrote a book, and is a co-founder to a pretty successful startup).

The flappy bird guy made something that he thought was interesting, didn't really market it, and basically lucked into it being as successful as it is. Not knocking on the game or trivializing the developer, but I think Kim's process is a lot more noteworthy than flappy bird.

Her being rich helped at the beginning, but she didn't get this far without a lot of work.

A

Angus

yeah, she was already "rich" thanks to her family
so... connections+beauty=fame
she just leverages her body, it's not that much of a process
it's just funny to see how bullshit like this CAN and WILL make money
give 'em what they want i guess

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
She first became famous because her sex tape with her C-list celebrity boyfriend RayJ went viral.

Dear friend, this is still an event! Or maybe you call fuc*ing with camera a process...

So it started with an event. I guess that she is good in marketing, but she had more luck than skills. I can bet she didn't invent this game on her own, just agreed when someone told her she could make some profit on it... And this doesn't make her a genius or something.She has good advisors I think, that's it. I can bet that she got an offer of a TV Show, it wasn't her idea. She could even say YES while she didn't know what it would bring to her.The truth is, she can make money on everything that is stupid- as her consumers are weird woman and "teenagers sidewalkers 4ever". The more stupid and worthless thing with her face on it, the more money spent on it. And that doesn't make her genius, but Consumer Idiots Sidewalkers Queen.

Just my opinion

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Absolutely brilliant. I even read a couple reviews and couldn't stop laughing at them. This is a great lesson for us
entrepreneurs and the folks looking to get in to app development. This is an absolute addiction to slow laners, just like candy crush. Look at this 5 star review...try not to laugh too much though.

I can't stop playing. It's literally taken over my every being and my bf is angry. When I wake up, I literally grab my phone to start playing (I don't even check the time anymore- with that being said, I've been late to many [REAL] events because I'm attending a virtual one). It's very repetitive (that hasn't kept me away though), the outfits are pricey (ugly old granny sweaters are almost $1000 like what the heck! And the sweet outfits cost like 100 kim stars WHICH BTW ARE VERY RARE TO OBTAIN [you get like 2-3 a day]!!!!), Simon- your manager- won't leave you the heck alone like yo simon! I just got done with a 24 hr photo shoot in Hollywood and need me to do a show in NY right after like forreal??? Also, the offers they give you are very fishy and don't work (except the video ones-WATCH THE VIDEOS). Going on dates are SO expensive!!! Like I paid $30 on drinks and tipped $80 like what logic is that!?? Famous logic or what?? Is that how you roll kim??? HM!?? If you think the clothes/homes are expensive you obviously have no idea how much the cars are!!! This game tries very hard to milk you for your real life money for virtual money but don't cave in like I did holy heck!! If my bf finds out I've been purchasing kim k stars he will be angry!!

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
I hate when the word "luck" tries to force its way into the equation...it just....puts me off for some reason.

Anyway, she was and still is a beautiful woman, that's part of it.

Second of all, her father Robert famously represented and befriended O.J. Simpson in his '95 murder trial.

How that translated into Kim's start into the spotlight isn't quite clear to me.

I had no clue she hung around with Paris in the beginning.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
She was one of the earliest to capitalize off the celebrity sex tape market. Ray J was well known enough, and, kim was thought of as a rich heiress, like Paris Hilton, except better looking. It was new, people were curious, and, the timing was right. People wanted more. Enter the reality show, with the family dynamic of Bruce Jenner as a step dad, along with interesting co-stars who are her siblings, and, you got yourself a reality story. That's why i watched initially. To look at her, and, see what Bruce Jenner was doing. To keep it interesting was up to her and the rest of the cast, so, she may not deserve total credit,but she does deserve some as the main character in the story line. All that is left after that is create tangible goods so money comes in when you are sleep, perfume, makeup, clothes, apps.

You cant even do what kim does to get famous now because she was the first to market(one of the first to get to market and get famous) with the sex tapes. If you try that now you look like a copycat and not genuine.

Now due to the show everyone of the sisters are famous, and, can leverage off from the show into their own(or at least as a pair).

For some reason the brothers cant get the same fame even thought women drool over Brandon Jenner. I liked princes of malibu, but, that show destroyed their moms marriage, and, show was canceled. Those guys (jenners) was acting a fool.

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
I can't be jelaous or mad at her- I don't even know her, but I can say i wish her luck and... whatever.

But the truth is, it's nothing more but EASY to manipulate customer group. The easiest one :)

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
Dear friend, this is still an event! Or maybe you call fuc*ing with camera a process...
Then it can be said that creating any product is an event. Her product just happened to take less time than others.

I guess that she is good in marketing, but she had more luck than skills.
Not sure about that one. Like @oldscool mentioned, none of her siblings have been able to turn their fame into what Kim has. Not saying she didn't have some luck on her side, but at this point in her career, I'd say it was more skill than luck.

I can bet she didn't invent this game on her own, just agreed when someone told her she could make some profit on it... And this doesn't make her a genius or something.
She didn't, but she either commissioned a developer (much like you can with oDesk and eLance), or gave licensing approval for the game (which you can also do once your brand is strong enough)

She has good advisors I think, that's it.
Mentors for anything is awesome. They speed up your success significantly. Mentors are advisors aren't they? Some spoonfeed you, some don't.

I can bet that she got an offer of a TV Show, it wasn't her idea.
She probably did, but I wouldn't be surprised if she knew it was going to be a result from her sex tape, just like Paris.

The truth is, she can make money on everything that is stupid- as her consumers are weird woman and "teenagers sidewalkers 4ever".
1. No she can't. She can make money off her target demographic and whatever her brand is associated with. Example: Kim K Baseball Gloves wouldn't sell.
2. What's with the unnecessary name calling against her consumers?

The more stupid and worthless thing with her face on it, the more money spent on it.
Yes, because her brand has been built successfully and can now be licensed without her doing much work.

And that doesn't make her genius, but Consumer Idiots Sidewalkers Queen.
No, that makes her a successful business woman. And again, what's with the anger against the consumers?

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I always hear people giving her crap saying she is stupid and is only famous because of her sex tape, but I think Kim Kardashian is pretty impressive- between her show, her brand, her stores...etc. She is extremely smart and is a great business woman

Agreed.

Per appeal, not to get woo woo, but Kim is a combination of natural selection in terms of beauty and has leveraged the hell out of what was supposed to be a private situation. No concern for the details, and while I'm not a huge TV watcher these days she has one hell of a lifestyle brand.

Some people look at other people and immediately want to copy or emulate them. In a way, Kim is someone quite a few women love to emulate. So it's easy to sell something that appears to give you the formula for looking, living, smelling, feeling, eating and enjoying life the way a once "normal" rich girl from Cali does.

Some people live to hate and bash certain people. In a way, you can't escape the "she's a whore for a sex tape" stigma she has, because someone's always bringing it up. Regardless, she's leveraged it and turned it into a brand.

Whatever star quality she has, whatever attention she gets, she has enough people talking about her - good or bad - to know that no press is bad press, and that as long as she makes a comeup and keeps doing her, staying true to herself - or her image - she's good.

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
Then it can be said that creating any product is an event. Her product just happened to take less time than others.
I understand your way of thinking in bigger part of the discussion, but this opinion is on of these that I will never agree with. I think that this is offensive to call a process something that great inventors and businessmen do and what HAPPENED to Kim. I like to watch at her a$$, tits and pretty cool face, but I'd rather put her in group of people mentioned in TMF - rich people thanks to actor skills, lottery, sport etc... Especially while she started with acting :)

But the truth is that she has an influence on millions= she earn millions.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Fame is fastlane. Period end of story. Doesn't matter how you got famous: if you can put your name on something and get a check for every sale, you're driving the Fastlane.

Why do you think rappers start clothing lines and sell energy shots? Why do you think hit movies turn to merchandising? Justin Bieber could never make another record again and still make money off of his old records and his merchandise.

Fame has its price, but if you're famous then take advantage.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Never expected this thread to blow up to 3 pages overnight. Just thought the article was interesting and wham! 3 pages! Kim is indeed good forum fodder. :)

I like how you can spend real money to get virtual money.

Probably the most effective game monetization there is. In the war games, you spend real money to upgrade weapons, get gold, etc.

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
WTF who would play that:facepalm:

Women say the same thing to their boyfriends who spend days playing Call of Duty etc., "Who would play a game where you just kill people, WTF?"

It's all relative to your situation :smoking:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.