The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which Platform Allow Most Detailed Targeting?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Hello all,

I'm thinking of giving X (Twitter) a try in ads. I'm trying to find a correct audience for politically-themed clothing, for a very niche ideology.

Facebook Ads has not been good in this regard. The AI confuses laughing emoticon and not so nice comments as positive engagement and thus, calibrates to push even more of those type of people when I want the opposite. It's a bit disappointing because I can literally see the audience I'd like to create a 'look-a-like' on but since I cannot target people who follow certain groups, that option is closed.

Moving on. Would Twitter allow me to target people who follow, for example Person A and Person C? Can it go this specific?

Thank you all for sharing experience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Then you would set campaigns not to optimize engagement but rather optimize for people who click, or people that reach a certain page with your pixel on it.

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Then you would set campaigns not to optimize engagement but rather optimize for people who click, or people that reach a certain page with your pixel on it.

The objective is to add to cart. But I will take a look, merci! most likely im doing it wrong.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Facebook should be your best bet. It should even have that feature to target certain followers. I'm surprised you're finding it ineffective.

If you're targeting the audience I think you are, TikTok/Snapchat might be worth a try also.

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Facebook should be your best bet. It should even have that feature to target certain followers. I'm surprised you're finding it ineffective.

If you're targeting the audience I think you are, TikTok/Snapchat might be worth a try also.
In theory its true, in practice its not.

So for politically charged products, people who dont like your products don't ignore your ad, they engage. They write insults and put the laughing emoji thing as to laugh at the product. So the system thinks your ad is a hit. It then shows it to people who insulted you more and more.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
In theory its true, in practice its not.

So for politically charged products, people who dont like your products don't ignore your ad, they engage. They write insults and put the laughing emoji thing as to laugh at the product. So the system thinks your ad is a hit. It then shows it to people who insulted you more and more.

If that's true, the same may occur with X (unless you turn comments off) - you do run the risk of being 'Community Noted' as an FYI.

I'd stick to a visual platform like Pinterest - they have relatively low CPC and may skew to your political leaning.

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
If that's true, the same may occur with X (unless you turn comments off) - you do run the risk of being 'Community Noted' as an FYI.

I'd stick to a visual platform like Pinterest - they have relatively low CPC and may skew to your political leaning.
True, but it depends. I'm trying to figure out how Detailed can I get in X. If I can build a look a like audience based on a certain person's followers then all good.

In FB, I know exactly where the audience is. I see them all following certain pages. But I cant build a look a like audience based on people who like those pages.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

empiricalwriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 19, 2019
Nigeria
Hello all,

I'm thinking of giving X (Twitter) a try in ads. I'm trying to find a correct audience for politically-themed clothing, for a very niche ideology.

Facebook Ads has not been good in this regard. The AI confuses laughing emoticon and not so nice comments as positive engagement and thus, calibrates to push even more of those type of people when I want the opposite. It's a bit disappointing because I can literally see the audience I'd like to create a 'look-a-like' on but since I cannot target people who follow certain groups, that option is closed.

Moving on. Would Twitter allow me to target people who follow, for example Person A and Person C? Can it go this specific?

Thank you all for sharing experience.
Try solo ads

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.