The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Loser Milks Unemployment... and feels entitled to the money!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
I kept reading. He actually has the right goal ("dont want to work for someone else forever, and be have my debt own me"), but his approach is to lie, steal and cheat his way to living in minimalist squallor.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
I didn't read it but J.K. Rowling did write her first book while on welfare :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
I really would love to live in true capitalist country.

No more unemployment, no more welfare, no more financial aid, no more social security checks, no more disability checks, food stamps, no more any of that.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan

No more unemployment, no more welfare, no more financial aid, no more social security checks, no more disability checks, food stamps, no more any of that.
As good as the tax benefits sound for that, I feel it wouldn't be very safe for the inhabitants. Without the checks provided by the US government I am certain theft and violent crimes over property would rise to unprecedented levels. That is NOT the kind of place I want to reside.

As for this guy in the article, it's too bad. That sense of entitlement will ultimately lead to his downfall.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
As good as the tax benefits sound for that, I feel it wouldn't be very safe for the inhabitants. Without the checks provided by the US government I am certain theft and violent crimes over property would rise to unprecedented levels. That is NOT the kind of place I want to reside.

As for this guy in the article, it's too bad. That sense of entitlement will ultimately lead to his downfall.

It wouldn't matter to me, since I would pay for my security or get security somehow. There would be more job opportunities, since that would take away minimum wage, but it would become a society close to China. I think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MooreMillions

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 16, 2008
Atlanta
You guys are aware that when you work a job and taxes are withheld, that you, yes YOU the employee, are paying into the unemployment insurance system for that money to be accessed in the case that a corporation decides to exercise greed to placate its shareholders, aren't you?

That being said, abuse is normally not good, in any walk of life.

...no more society!

Are you serious? That is all America is made of is people who get "assistance" (other people's money) build what they want to build to become wealthy and then turnaround and pay less in taxes than a school teacher.

Have any idea who/what entities I am speaking of?

Nothing works like that, it is much too idealist.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.