The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A leads generation business for hospitality via articles

Idea threads

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
My idea is to start a website with articles like “50 best things to do London “ I don’t know if it is worth it though as trip adviser already exists and there is other articles online like that and to build a brand I would need loads of articles. I’d preferably like it to be lead generation style instead of afiliete marketing but that would make it harder to sign so many hotels/resorts/tour guides ect.., (more specifically I’d like a higher % from each place) I know most people hate planning holidays apparently (that’s what GPT said when I asked for a list of things people hate) so I think it would be nice and simple just being able to go through a list of of places to go with hyperlinks to very specific locations. I think I could automate a lot of the research with AI but have to write the articles my self (until I can hire people). I went through the cents frame work my self here it is if you feel like reading:
Idea: Articles on things to do in places, sites to visit, places to stay, places to eat, tour guides ect.. use to sell leads to businesses

• Control: Pretty decent can change hosting if need be, SEO small update could rank website lower instantly and ruin traffic so would have to sponsor/run ads
  • Entry: People must have deep understanding of SEO so best of the best will reach top search result (so good for me if I can become the best), people could just use chat GPT to write articles and do research, take a lot of time to write articles
  • Need: People dislike planning itinerary yet trip adviser already implementing itinerary planner, Business would not plan itinerary only help people who want to plan itinerary and provide leads for hospitality businesses
  • Time: I can get people to write articles for me once enough money generated, AI can do research for sites to see, I can sell business easily, content would need updates frequently but could be outsourced
  • Scale: can probably grow to 250m monthly visits at peak times MAX, would make decent impact to those promoted in articles

I also ran it through the grade my business website which I think was made by MJ here’s the link to my results: Link (I got B-)

I can also run a few google ads on the site to bring a bit of extra cash while not costing the consumer anything (obviously not a lot of ads though as they’re annoying and ruin the experience)

If you can see any other flaws please let me know or if you need me to elaborate more.

I am quite young though so I don’t know if I should start it yet (15)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
My idea is to start a website with articles like “50 best things to do London “ I don’t know if it is worth it though as trip adviser already exists and there is other articles online like that and to build a brand I would need loads of articles. I’d preferably like it to be lead generation style instead of afiliete marketing but that would make it harder to sign so many hotels/resorts/tour guides ect.., (more specifically I’d like a higher % from each place) I know most people hate planning holidays apparently (that’s what GPT said when I asked for a list of things people hate) so I think it would be nice and simple just being able to go through a list of of places to go with hyperlinks to very specific locations. I think I could automate a lot of the research with AI but have to write the articles my self (until I can hire people). I went through the cents frame work my self here it is if you feel like reading:
Idea: Articles on things to do in places, sites to visit, places to stay, places to eat, tour guides ect.. use to sell leads to businesses

• Control: Pretty decent can change hosting if need be, SEO small update could rank website lower instantly and ruin traffic so would have to sponsor/run ads
  • Entry: People must have deep understanding of SEO so best of the best will reach top search result (so good for me if I can become the best), people could just use chat GPT to write articles and do research, take a lot of time to write articles
  • Need: People dislike planning itinerary yet trip adviser already implementing itinerary planner, Business would not plan itinerary only help people who want to plan itinerary and provide leads for hospitality businesses
  • Time: I can get people to write articles for me once enough money generated, AI can do research for sites to see, I can sell business easily, content would need updates frequently but could be outsourced
  • Scale: can probably grow to 250m monthly visits at peak times MAX, would make decent impact to those promoted in articles

I also ran it through the grade my business website which I think was made by MJ here’s the link to my results: Link (I got B-)

I can also run a few google ads on the site to bring a bit of extra cash while not costing the consumer anything (obviously not a lot of ads though as they’re annoying and ruin the experience)

If you can see any other flaws please let me know or if you need me to elaborate more.

Anyone got any advice I think I’m gonna go for it I saw a video of MJ dsyaing problem with afiliete marketing is lack of control with stuff like Amazon afiliete program rendering your income stream ruined, I think working with multiple companies and getting different afiliete partnerships will make it extra safe as it’s unlikely every hospitality sector decides to void or afiliete links

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
One tip I could give you because I don’t really know how to help in this industry,

Learn to add white space to your posts, people will see it and write answers, it’s hard to read big blocks of words.

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
One tip I could give you because I don’t really know how to help in this industry,

Learn to add white space to your posts, people will see it and write answers, it’s hard to read big blocks of words.
Could u explain what white space is sorry I’m not the brightest, trying to stay away from utube stuff so I don’t getting any gurus waisting my time

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
Could u explain what white space is sorry I’m not the brightest, trying to stay away from utube stuff so I don’t getting any gurus waisting my time
Just split apart text by entering, like what I do.

See?

You separate texts so it’s easier to read.

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Aug 23, 2022

You will need an in depth understanding of SEO. It is going to be difficult to rank for phrases like '50 best things to do in London' however you could build some ranking from long tail low volume and low competition searches.

G

Guest050x2

I had a similar idea pre-covid, but with the return of tourism, it's potentially beneficial (though with the upcoming election, a new Covid variant has been allegedly discovered, so conduct your due diligence) to launch this, imo. The idea is to start buying up domains for major tourist cities across your respective country.

Write articles detailing what all there is to do. Maybe articles from locals regarding some "hole in the wall" spots. You could go as far as signing contracts with other local businesses that would provide users of your site a discount off their services (save 10% on zoo tickets by booking through us!). List things to do specifically for adults. Etc. Essentially you're just building a giant affiliate network site. I was also going to include Expedia affiliate links on every single city page, and then have a primary page that acts as the hub for every individual city site. The "hub" would also have Expedia affiliate links, as well as a general "what to do in America: Major landmarks" type of thing.

I've since abandoned it, so I'll even give you the name(s) I was considering:

* I hadn't decided on whether or not I was going to add in the state abbreviation or not, so I'll include it here.

Hub: ExploreAmerica.io
Tourist Page 1: ExploreChicago(IL).io
Tourist Page 2: ExploreDallas(Tx).io
Tourist Page 3: ExploreLasVegas(Nv).io
Etc.

I do believe this is still a possibility, but as I said, I abandoned it early on with Covid and whatnot, and I personally believe travel is overrated AF, so I wasn't into it from the get-go. I haven't done much market research at this point, but I'd be surprised if you weren't successful upon overdelivering at all times. It seems if you can get the traffic, you can get the contracts. Otherwise, if you're outside of the US, then... I've got nothing. No idea how successful it'd be.

Cheers!

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Aug 23, 2022
The Irish Road Trip Guide brings in almost half a million in organic traffic every month. They are a great example for you to follow. Take some time to read through a couple of articles and check out the website. What stands out to me :
  • The quality of the images and videos used
  • The length and detail of each article
  • The experience of the website, there is no annoying popups or ads slowing the pages down. Everything is optimized to provide the best user experience possible
  • The internal linking between each article
  • The structure of the website. Every county has its own section and there is further sub sections for towns, beaches and more.

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
I had a similar idea pre-covid, but with the return of tourism, it's potentially beneficial (though with the upcoming election, a new Covid variant has been allegedly discovered, so conduct your due diligence) to launch this, imo. The idea is to start buying up domains for major tourist cities across your respective country.

Write articles detailing what all there is to do. Maybe articles from locals regarding some "hole in the wall" spots. You could go as far as signing contracts with other local businesses that would provide users of your site a discount off their services (save 10% on zoo tickets by booking through us!). List things to do specifically for adults. Etc. Essentially you're just building a giant affiliate network site. I was also going to include Expedia affiliate links on every single city page, and then have a primary page that acts as the hub for every individual city site. The "hub" would also have Expedia affiliate links, as well as a general "what to do in America: Major landmarks" type of thing.

I've since abandoned it, so I'll even give you the name(s) I was considering:

* I hadn't decided on whether or not I was going to add in the state abbreviation or not, so I'll include it here.

Hub: ExploreAmerica.io
Tourist Page 1: ExploreChicago(IL).io
Tourist Page 2: ExploreDallas(Tx).io
Tourist Page 3: ExploreLasVegas(Nv).io
Etc.

I do believe this is still a possibility, but as I said, I abandoned it early on with Covid and whatnot, and I personally believe travel is overrated AF, so I wasn't into it from the get-go. I haven't done much market research at this point, but I'd be surprised if you weren't successful upon overdelivering at all times. It seems if you can get the traffic, you can get the contracts. Otherwise, if you're outside of the US, then... I've got nothing. No idea how successful it'd be.

Cheers!
Thanks for all info I’m gonna create a google ads account today to check out how popular searches are like “things to do in Paris”. I was thinking of calling it “where to go”. One problem I’m trying to figure out I the amount of companies I’d have to reach out to individually getting affiliate links I could use trip advisor affiliate links I think but I want control so I want to diversify the risks so I can satisfy cents. I suppose I could hire someone to get the links for me

I’m also planning of making a payed email lists with discounts for certain places selling spots on it to tour guides, resorts, hotels and then getting them to give discounts and I’ll use affiliate links so (still thinking it through though think I’m monitoring it to much need to provide more value)

Anyway I’ll have to see where I go with it as I’m only 15 but if I choose to stick with it I think I can scale it pretty high if I execute it right, gonna start it up at first without affiliates for a few months just to build traffic so I can easily get affiliate links in future, gonna just try cover the cost right now with google ads although gonna be an uphill battle gonna burn some money over next few months considering the time it is

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
You will need an in depth understanding of SEO. It is going to be difficult to rank for phrases like '50 best things to do in London' however you could build some ranking from long tail low volume and low competition searches.
Oh yeah I’ve been thinking about that any advice for where I can learn good SEO tricks, I’m kinda hoping it won’t be super difficult but it probably will competing with other sites that pay people just to get SEO

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
The Irish Road Trip Guide brings in almost half a million in organic traffic every month. They are a great example for you to follow. Take some time to read through a couple of articles and check out the website. What stands out to me :
  • The quality of the images and videos used
  • The length and detail of each article
  • The experience of the website, there is no annoying popups or ads slowing the pages down. Everything is optimized to provide the best user experience possible
  • The internal linking between each article
  • The structure of the website. Every county has its own section and there is further sub sections for towns, beaches and more.
How have I never heard of this I literally live in Ireland lol thanks for the advice. How much do u think a site like this brings in monthly (this thread really blew up quickly didn’t now I got all these replies screener ime was supposed to be low today lol)

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
SEO is a brutal, slow game.

The keywords you're targeting are very high competition. And there's no SEO "tricks" or "hacks."

Write good content, better than what's out there already. Get people to share and link back to your content.

Then, (most importantly) be patient.

You're young. You'll learn by doing.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
How have I never heard of this I literally live in Ireland lol thanks for the advice. How much do u think a site like this brings in monthly (this thread really blew up quickly didn’t now I got all these replies screener ime was supposed to be low today lol)
It's impossible to say really, could be a lot or not. But it seems that there are 6 people on the team so I guess it must bring enough to pay for their salaries?

However, this is the wrong approach,. you should approach it from, is there a need for this stuff? If yes, then can you provide more value? If yes, then you can start thinking about ways to monetize the site.

Provide value first, then money will follow. Otherwise you ll end up chasing money and jumping from 1 thing to the next without building a real business.

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
It's impossible to say really, could be a lot or not. But it seems that there are 6 people on the team so I guess it must bring enough to pay for their salaries?

However, this is the wrong approach,. you should approach it from, is there a need for this stuff? If yes, then can you provide more value? If yes, then you can start thinking about ways to monetize the site.

Provide value first, then money will follow. Otherwise you ll end up chasing money and jumping from 1 thing to the next without building a real business.
That’s the plan the consumer does not have to pay to use the service it’s free for them all the info is free for them to access it’s only the advertisers that pay

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
SEO is a brutal, slow game.

The keywords you're targeting are very high competition. And there's no SEO "tricks" or "hacks."

Write good content, better than what's out there already. Get people to share and link back to your content.

Then, (most importantly) be patient.

You're young. You'll learn by doing.
Thanks for the advice I don’t expect immediate results I don’t need crazy results aswell cause I’m so young, as long as I don’t loose a lot of money I’ll be happy. I’m aiming to do €500 euro in revenue first year (physocology trick aim way higher then u can feesibly earn so you work extra hard to get there). The one problem I have is I want to go with WPX as I’m using Wordpress and I want a fast website to help with SEO butttt I don’t know if I’ll be a belt I earn 250 euros to cover the hosting fees I suppose that adds a bit of motivation though

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
Thanks for the advice I don’t expect immediate results I don’t need crazy results aswell cause I’m so young, as long as I don’t loose a lot of money I’ll be happy. I’m aiming to do €500 euro in revenue first year (physocology trick aim way higher then u can feesibly earn so you work extra hard to get there). The one problem I have is I want to go with WPX as I’m using Wordpress and I want a fast website to help with SEO butttt I don’t know if I’ll be a belt I earn 250 euros to cover the hosting fees I suppose that adds a bit of motivation though

Domain should be ~$10 USD per year. You can get much cheaper web hosting by renting a VPS for $5/month.

This would require some knowledge about managing a VPS, running Apache, installing Wordpress, etc. but there's plenty of guides on DigitalOcean and it's worth learning this in the long run.

So your yearly cost should be more like $70-80 USD if you go this route.

Earning 500 euro in a year is certainly possible. Start creating the content ASAP because it'll take time for it to get picked up by Google. Aim for 50-100+ high quality articles by the end of the year.

Here's the SEO basics I'd recommend:
- Use a free keyword tool (like Google Keyword Planner or Ubersuggest) and find medium and long-tail keywords with low competition and decent search volume.
- Search the keywords on Google and see what is currently ranking. Can you make a better article than what's already ranking?
- Create a sitemap.xml and submit to Google Search Console once you launch your site.
- Install Google Analytics to track website traffic
- Post your articles on social media (FB, IG, Twitter, Reddit, forums, etc.) but ofc don't be spammy.

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
Domain should be ~$10 USD per year. You can get much cheaper web hosting by renting a VPS for $5/month.

This would require some knowledge about managing a VPS, running Apache, installing Wordpress, etc. but there's plenty of guides on DigitalOcean and it's worth learning this in the long run.

So your yearly cost should be more like $70-80 USD if you go this route.

Earning 500 euro in a year is certainly possible. Start creating the content ASAP because it'll take time for it to get picked up by Google. Aim for 50-100+ high quality articles by the end of the year.

Here's the SEO basics I'd recommend:
- Use a free keyword tool (like Google Keyword Planner or Ubersuggest) and find medium and long-tail keywords with low competition and decent search volume.
- Search the keywords on Google and see what is currently ranking. Can you make a better article than what's already ranking?
- Create a sitemap.xml and submit to Google Search Console once you launch your site.
- Install Google Analytics to track website traffic
- Post your articles on social media (FB, IG, Twitter, Reddit, forums, etc.) but ofc don't be spammy.
Thanks for all the SEO advice but whats VPS and a sitemap.xml I’m not very tech savvy are they confusing , if I have the website up by this time next month with articles do you think that’s quick enough to target people go in on winter holidays. Also final question would I recommend the book 3 months to no.1 it seems like a good start to SEO from the descriptions I’ve read I just wanna ask someone first though

rwhyan

The higher, the fewer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Aug 27, 2017
CA
Thanks for all the SEO advice but whats VPS and a sitemap.xml I’m not very tech savvy are they confusing , if I have the website up by this time next month with articles do you think that’s quick enough to target people go in on winter holidays. Also final question would I recommend the book 3 months to no.1 it seems like a good start to SEO from the descriptions I’ve read I just wanna ask someone first though
Haven't read that book, but it's probably fine. Just learn the SEO basics.

As far as VPS, sitemap.xml, and technical stuff: Google, my friend.

In a few months you can probably start getting a few visitors, but don't expect thousands unless you employ other strategies alongside SEO.

SEO is the slow, long-term game.

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
Haven't read that book, but it's probably fine. Just learn the SEO basics.

As far as VPS, sitemap.xml, and technical stuff: Google, my friend.

In a few months you can probably start getting a few visitors, but don't expect thousands unless you employ other strategies alongside SEO.

SEO is the slow, long-term game.
I don't have a tone of money I'm ready to spend on this so is WPX definitely a route I should not go down if traffic takes time to acquire. I want to be making back the cost of hosting within 3 months ( basically make 25 dollars a month after 3 months)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.