The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

TikTok vs. Instagram

Marketing, social media, advertising

ChryslerCreates

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
May 24, 2023
Hey Folks,

like u can see in my previous Posts, i started creating content for my TikTok in the health niche.
I gained 200k Subscribers in 1-2 months.

I also started my Instagram Channel which is also doing pretty well with 25k followers.

I wanted to open this thread to discuss the different Socials.

What do you guys think about the difference between Instagram and TikTok.

I feel like the audience on Insta is more valuable than on TIkTOk.

And i would say the tiktok algorithm works different.

There are accounts that generate MIllion Views with 30k Subscribers,

and then there are these 1-2 Million subscriber accounts , where the videos only get 20-30k views.

Is someone in the game and can explain/discuss this topic ?

(im at my regular job, and have to hide a little bit , in case you thought the text is shitty haha)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

shubham___3011

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 29, 2023
India
Hey Folks,

like u can see in my previous Posts, i started creating content for my TikTok in the health niche.
I gained 200k Subscribers in 1-2 months.

I also started my Instagram Channel which is also doing pretty well with 25k followers.

I wanted to open this thread to discuss the different Socials.

What do you guys think about the difference between Instagram and TikTok.

I feel like the audience on Insta is more valuable than on TIkTOk.

And i would say the tiktok algorithm works different.

There are accounts that generate MIllion Views with 30k Subscribers,

and then there are these 1-2 Million subscriber accounts , where the videos only get 20-30k views.

(im at my regular job, and have to hide a little bit , in case you thought the text is shitty haha)
hey chrysler yes the apps work differently so does their algorithm also im someone who is starting out on his content creation journey, some advice would be very helpful

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
From a marketing point of view we use IG to build the brand and TT to build community. TT is a HARD one to create good business content for. Trust me, I've spent months analysing different accounts and geeking over numbers! The brands that are killing it (Ryan Air here in the UK is one) tend to be those that aren't afraid to be a little bit snarky and a bit 'real'. They have a USP and they stick to it. IG is much more polished. The glossy stuff from e.g. 3 years ago has been toned down, but you wouldn't post from TT to IG, though you might the other way around. IG still likes polish, positivity and pics of nice-looking cats.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Not in the game anymore, though I had some experience when trying to build a tiktok analytics SaaS.

Basically, TikTok's algorithm prioritizes quality content independent of the account. If people like, comment, share, etc a video, the algorithm will push it to other users, regardless of who made it.

Subscribers don't matter on TikTok. And I've heard that YouTube and Instagram Reels are following suit. So you can't just rest on your past status with an account, you have to keep churning out quality content. This makes it a great platform for new people, because if you can create quality content, then you can gain traction quickly.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I've not been able to get TikTok to work for any clients.

I *have* been able to get IG to work again and again.

One of the local "foodie" guys here in AZ told me his TikTok grew and collapsed but he's glad he built his (slower) IG at the same time because those are the ones who stayed.

Take that for what it's worth.

Zizu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Mar 9, 2023
Croatia
What about building a TT account in smaller countries?

TikTok's algorithm pushes our content mostly to people in our own countries. Does this fix after you upload consecutively for a longer amount of days or is there nothing you can do and just go by the system?

ChryslerCreates

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
May 24, 2023
Hey Folks,

i have been working now since July 23 on my content.

Sometimes creating 3 Videos a day (If I look back that was crazy, 2 hours per Video, everyday)

You guys were right, IG Followers are more loyal and active.

I have reached now 150k on Instagram.

Every Video reaches at least 80-100k Views.

I was able to get some cooperations with Companies and stack some money. (Thanks to IG)

And I also think that’s where the money is.

On the other Hand on Tiktok where I have 220k follower,

The Videos don’t perform. Sometimes just 3k Views. Lol.

I feel like TikTok reduced by clicks after I joined the creativity program (getting paid for clicks)

I was planning my first Product, and I am going to open another thread talking about the execution of the product.

I was really looking for suppliers, packaging , branding ect.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding social Media, growth or anything else!

ErickMendez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jun 14, 2023
Hey Folks,

i have been working now since July 23 on my content.

Sometimes creating 3 Videos a day (If I look back that was crazy, 2 hours per Video, everyday)

You guys were right, IG Followers are more loyal and active.

I have reached now 150k on Instagram.

Every Video reaches at least 80-100k Views.

I was able to get some cooperations with Companies and stack some money. (Thanks to IG)

And I also think that’s where the money is.

On the other Hand on Tiktok where I have 220k follower,

The Videos don’t perform. Sometimes just 3k Views. Lol.

I feel like TikTok reduced by clicks after I joined the creativity program (getting paid for clicks)

I was planning my first Product, and I am going to open another thread talking about the execution of the product.

I was really looking for suppliers, packaging , branding ect.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding social Media, growth or anything else!
Ooo this is really interesting!

I’m in the content creator space as well but only on tiktok and youtube.

I believe your making videos in the health niche?
I was just wondering what the rpm of your videos are on tiktok wih the creativity program.

Another question is if you have ever considered making long form videos? Or more branded videos for your health niche.

I heard long form videos and building a personal brand is the way to go when planning to sell a product.

I Would be really interested if you start a execution thread about your first product.

ChryslerCreates

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
May 24, 2023
Ooo this is really interesting!

I’m in the content creator space as well but only on tiktok and youtube.

I believe your making videos in the health niche?
I was just wondering what the rpm of your videos are on tiktok wih the creativity program.

Another question is if you have ever considered making long form videos? Or more branded videos for your health niche.

I heard long form videos and building a personal brand is the way to go when planning to sell a product.

I Would be really interested if you start a execution thread about your first product.
Hi Erick,

yes im in the health niche.
The RPM for me is at 0,42€ . But dont rely on that , tiktok algorithm is a bitch haha.
One day your videos receive 500k the next day 3k ( well , maybe thats just my experience. But still: no 100% controll)

i will use this channel to market my product .
So (for now) i am not planning to make longer content.

If you want long form content , switch to youtube.
I think it takes longer , but the audience will be loyal as hell.

I will start the threat in the next weeks.

i am just busy working on the buisness currently (and also family, girlfriend, friends) , so i will give you guys updates every month or so!

ChryslerCreates

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
May 24, 2023
What about building a TT account in smaller countries?

TikTok's algorithm pushes our content mostly to people in our own countries. Does this fix after you upload consecutively for a longer amount of days or is there nothing you can do and just go by the system?
Depends what the language in your country is.
If your language is italian (you speak italian only in italia and partly in swiss) , its hard to go viral , because people usually dont watch videos they dont understand. ( if its informative for example)

In Englisch, French or Spanish the propabilty increases.

But i think if you dominate one country, its enough to go fastlane.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.