The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The lifestyle, hobbies, and fun thread.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Na most Americans don’t know their gender until age 20 now.
That’s when you do the gender reveal now

When you turn 20 you reveal what gender you are

If you’re male or female you get a job

If you’re anything else you dye your hair blue

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
This is partly why I want to do it. I've always found them to be absolutely beautiful and I assume they're simply killed, which isn't okay with me. Also, I can't believe I forgot to say it: YOUR FISHES ARE BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING! Lol.

Alright, that's it, I'll do it: it's nearly 12:30am and I can't sleep, so I'll look into what it'd take to start a goldfish rescue, and research how I'd go about getting it crowdfunded, lol.

Cheers.
A large liner pond would be way more cost effective than a bunch of tanks.

G

Guest050x2

A large liner pond would be way more cost effective than a bunch of tanks.
Biggest aspect atm is figuring out whether or not the issue is relevant enough to launch something like this. It seems most people are content killing them and moving on. Furthermore, you are absolutely correct: realistically, based on their needs vs cost/my time, I'd have to have several ponds/pools, which would require land. I did find one hell of a domain for this.

It's something I'd love to do, but everything I'm seeing screams out "wait until you're 50 and you've sold a few more businesses."

Cheers.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Biggest aspect atm is figuring out whether or not the issue is relevant enough to launch something like this. It seems most people are content killing them and moving on. Furthermore, you are absolutely correct: realistically, based on their needs vs cost/my time, I'd have to have several ponds/pools, which would require land. I did find one hell of a domain for this.

It's something I'd love to do, but everything I'm seeing screams out "wait until you're 50 and you've sold a few more businesses."

Cheers.
Well it definitely would be a money suck. Don’t expect to raise much money. People would give you fish but you’d have a hard time getting rid of them. You are getting fish for life. And then they would also breed in your ponds.

G

Guest050x2

Well it definitely would be a money suck. Don’t expect to raise much money. People would give you fish but you’d have a hard time getting rid of them. You are getting fish for life. And then they would also breed in your ponds.
Lol. Hard facts. I also don't believe there's a huge crowd of people waiting to spend money on touring a goldfish farm/collection. While I'm sure there are countless ways to potentially monetize this, I don't believe it'd be enough to make it self-sustaining.

Cheers.

Edit: Still love the idea of animal rescue, though my expertise lies in reptiles. It's the same story though, unfortunately: the buy-in can be rather high, and it's difficult to make it self-sustaining, let alone enough to generate an income/turn into a for-profit business.

Edit x2: Found this: Some people rescue dogs. Ariane Trammell rescues goldfish. Giant ones

Last edited by a moderator:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
567%
Apr 17, 2022
The Fastlane Forum

1688629510132.png1688629550384.png

1688629576344.png1688629633849.png

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
expertise lies in reptiles. It's the same story though, unfortunately: the buy-in can be rather high, and it's difficult to make it self-sustaining, let alone enough to generate an income/turn into a for-profit business.
We have this in Scottsdale. It is very impressive and 100x better than any zoo. If you are ever in Phoenix you should go.

Last edited:
G

Guest050x2

We have this in Scottsdale. It is very impressive and 100c better than any zoo. If you are ever in Phoenix you should go.

Yup! Back when I was traveling the US for Street Fighter tournaments, I made a pit stop. That place is phenomenal. Admittedly, if I had discovered MJ's work while still in my 20s, I would've spent my life rescuing reptiles and eventually put together my own "zoo."

While that dream/goal will always exist, the fact is I feel I'm too far gone in tech and other business avenues at this point to even begin considering starting something like this. Realistically, I could dump everything I made from selling my agency to start this, but that's a bit too "all in" for me at this time.

I'll be moving to AZ May of 2024 at which point I will 100% be a regular at this spot, hah.

Cheers!

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Recently went on a 3 day vacation to Lansdowne, which is a small town in the Himalayas.

Felt so peaceful and relaxed while being away from the hustle and fast paced life of the cities.

I think travelling is the thing that a person would never regret in his/her life, coupled with making more money.

Here are some pics that I took:

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpeg
    IMG_0645.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0717.jpeg
    IMG_0717.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 15

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
I assume they're simply killed
Yeah, and not humanely either.

YOUR FISHES ARE BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING!
haha thank you!

Still love the idea of animal rescue
Maybe one day when you're 50 and have sold a few more businesses and aren't too far lost in the weeds of tech, and when I've provided enough value and learned enough about business, we can collaborate on an epic animal rescue.
... Anyway, we can each dream.

G

Guest050x2

Yeah, and not humanely either.

haha thank you!

Maybe one day when you're 50 and have sold a few more businesses and aren't too far lost in the weeds of tech, and when I've provided enough value and learned enough about business, we can collaborate on an epic animal rescue.
... Anyway, we can each dream.
Lol I'd absolutely love that! In the meantime, admittedly, I've spent all day discussing potentially selling my trading card game app and company to a few friends to pursue something in this space.

There's a decent amount of reptile rescues between Wisconsin and Illinois, however so that may not be an option. Anyway, I don't want to spam this thread anymore than I already have.

Point is, yes, one day you and I can do some Ace Ventura, pet detective shit together .

Cheers!

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
Lol I'd absolutely love that! In the meantime, admittedly, I've spent all day discussing potentially selling my trading card game app and company to a few friends to pursue something in this space.

There's a decent amount of reptile rescues between Wisconsin and Illinois, however so that may not be an option. Anyway, I don't want to spam this thread anymore than I already have.

Point is, yes, one day you and I can do some Ace Ventura, pet detective shit together .

Cheers!
Count me in!

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Just got back from a trip to Hawaii. Visited some family and traveled around the Big Island.
Highlight of the trip was snorkeling at 10 PM with giant manta rays. It was incredible.

View attachment 49941
WOW! How deep did you have to go to see it come up to you that close?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
466%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
466%
Mar 15, 2018
Beach weather here …

IMG_0479.jpeg

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 4, 2019
WOW! How deep did you have to go to see it come up to you that close?
Not deep at all. The water was about 50 ft deep and I was floating on top with a snorkel.

I went with a company that takes you out to a specific location on a boat, and they have a surfboard with super bright airplane lights mounted to it shining down into the water. The light attracts plankton and then the manta rays come to feed and swim right up next to you.

Saint

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Sep 11, 2022
Just found out I'm going to have a baby girl in November! We did a whole gender reveal party with family and close friends. Preparing for it got way out of hand and stressful, but we had incredibly delicious bbq brisket, fresh caught shrimp, and lots of tasty sides and sweets, and a wonderful time celebrating. Went to see an insane 4th of July fireworks display after.

I was hoping for a boy deep down, but I'm still so excited to meet this little girl!

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Not deep at all. The water was about 50 ft deep and I was floating on top with a snorkel.

I went with a company that takes you out to a specific location on a boat, and they have a surfboard with super bright airplane lights mounted to it shining down into the water. The light attracts plankton and then the manta rays come to feed and swim right up next to you.
That sounds so cool man

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
567%
Apr 17, 2022

goldstein

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Oct 31, 2017
I am pleasantly surprised to see fellow BJJ folks here and also other martial artists!

I started my Jiu-Jitsu journey 2 years ago.

1688742600376.png
At our school, we also practice our own form of Japanese Jiu-Jitsu(the blue belt with the black and red stripes in the picture). It is heavily focused on self-defense taken from Krav-Maga, but we also have judo throws, wrestling takedowns and striking.

Very cool and wicked stuff.

It should be a busy summer as I’m getting close to the next belt in both arts.

We shall see! :smile:

Congrats @mikecarlooch , @Ocean Man and @Goodfella999 on starting the journey. Like you said, taking the first step on the mat is the biggest challenge.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Show week for the musical is over and it was probably the best thing I have ever been a part of. While we are just a volunteer nonprofit school group, the quality was F*cking sick.

A lot of people who watched the show said it was the best musical performance they had seen at the school and some said it was on paar with something from a real theater.

We played a musical adaptation of the greatest showman. I was in the band which is also F*cking amazing. (I am the man on the right with the sus sunglasses)
IMG-20230713-WA0006.jpg
Here a picture of the actors:
IMG-20230715-WA0003.jpg
I don't have videos from the actual performance but I do have one from the big practice trip. There we were in a hostel and played music from 10 hours a day and then hung out and partied for the rest of the time.
View attachment VID-20230330-WA0005.mp4

So for anyone in school I would highly reccomend joining the theater/musical group. 10/10 social experience.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
IMG_8180.jpegEnjoying the last couple days of family vacation in Cancún. Trying to be present but finding my way in business is a bit of a constant thought in my mind these days.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
90% is showing up at minimum 3x a week for 6 months straight

9% is not lifting like a panzy when you’re there

1% is the actual plan you’re on.

Just my observation

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Any sports betters here? I'm at the Wynn in Vegas and I always like to place a season bet on an NBA and/or NFL team to win the championship. (No sports betting in Utah)

Looking for middle-grade fliers ... like the Jets winning the Super Bowl.

I usually have no problem making these bets but I just haven't followed pro sports as much to make an educated bet.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.