The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Skip queues for rental apartments

Idea threads

augmsweden

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 17, 2023
Hey all, just read the Millionaire Fastlane and I'm in the process of figuring out a need to solve.

In Sweden, where I'm located, interest rates are way up and it is expensive to buy your own place. Add to this the fact that prices for apartments have skyrocketed during the last years, and it's not surprising to see that the percentage of people that choose to rent is increasing. However, this can be problematic since you often need years of queue points to qualify for a rental contract.

Heres the idea. A web based service that connects people looking for an apartment to rent with private landlords. Tentants add info about their salaries, references from previous landlords, info about any problems regarding debt (there is a service in Sweden where you can check if someone has struggled with paying their debts), etc.

Private landlords are not required to follow a queue system. Therefore, the idea is that they pay per referred customer that meets their standards. This way they don't have to spend time verifying all the details mentioned above.

Landlords get to choose from verified, selected renters and renters with good qualifications don't have to spend years queueing for apartments. Landlords pay a fee for each lead and renters pay a small monthly fee for access to the system.

Any ideas, critique and opportunities I may have missed would be very welcome. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 10, 2022
The idea seems brilliant. I am surprised that it does not exist already. The thing is that ideas are next to worthless without proper execution.

augmsweden

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 17, 2023
The idea seems brilliant. I am surprised that it does not exist already. The thing is that ideas are next to worthless without proper execution.
Thanks for your reply! I agree - execution comes next.

There are similar services available, but all focus on queue points which means the landlord ”has” to accept the tenant with the most points. This system gives landlords the possibility to choose from verified tenants who have showed interest in their apartments.

Dockid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Aug 23, 2022
Hey all.
I'm currently working as a doctor which I want to be able to keep doing. However, I want to be able to choose when I work, not be forced to work 8 hours Monday to Friday for the rest of my life. I just read the Millionaire Fastlane which really opened my eyes and got me thinking.

In Sweden, where I'm located, interest rates are way up and it is expensive to buy your own place. Add to this the fact that prices for apartments have skyrocketed during the last years, and it's not surprising to see that the percentage of people that choose to rent is increasing. However, this can be problematic since you often need years of queue points to qualify for a rental contract.

Heres the idea. A web based service that connects people looking for an apartment to rent with private landlords. Tentants add info about their salaries, references from previous landlords, info about any problems regarding debt (there is a service in Sweden where you can check if someone has struggled with paying their debts), etc.

Private landlords are not required to follow a queue system. Therefore, the idea is that they pay per referred customer that meets their standards. This way they don't have to spend time verifying all the details mentioned above.

Landlords get to choose from verified, selected renters and renters with good qualifications don't have to spend years queueing for apartments. Landlords pay a fee for each lead and renters pay a small monthly fee for access to the system.

Any ideas, critique and opportunities I may have missed would be very welcome. Thank you!
Hey. Checkout HomeHak. They do something very similar to what you have described.

svekk1

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jul 9, 2022
Moved recently to Sweden and heard and saw that this is a serious problem here (I was lucky). As far as I know, if you go the landlord way, theonly available options are facebook marketplace and blocket and places like that, sothis might have some potential.

However it might be difficult as I imagine all the landlords would want the same high-quality renters.

Would the renter pay your fee only until they are looking for a place? They would'nt be incentivized once they find something I think.

augmsweden

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 17, 2023
Hey. Checkout HomeHak. They do something very similar to what you have described.
I definitely will, thanks for the tip!

Moved recently to Sweden and heard and saw that this is a serious problem here (I was lucky). As far as I know, if you go the landlord way, theonly available options are facebook marketplace and blocket and places like that, sothis might have some potential.

However it might be difficult as I imagine all the landlords would want the same high-quality renters.

Would the renter pay your fee only until they are looking for a place? They would'nt be incentivized once they find something I think.
Thanks for the input!
The idea is that landlords will post available apartments on the website, and tenants who click a "I'm interested in this apartment" button will be sent to the landlord as a lead. This way, the each landlord only receives leads regarding tenants that are seriously interested in their property.

Yes, renters would only pay the monthly fee until they find a place. That's one of the arguments for our service compared to the big local competitor (charges $35 yearly to stay in the queue).

svekk1

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jul 9, 2022
I definitely will, thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the input!
The idea is that landlords will post available apartments on the website, and tenants who click a "I'm interested in this apartment" button will be sent to the landlord as a lead. This way, the each landlord only receives leads regarding tenants that are seriously interested in their property.

Yes, renters would only pay the monthly fee until they find a place. That's one of the arguments for our service compared to the big local competitor (charges $35 yearly to stay in the queue).
I think it might work. I read a great book recently, recommended on this forum somewhere. I think it's great concept for market testing.

The Right It by Alberto Savoia.

augmsweden

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 17, 2023
I think it might work. I read a great book recently, recommended on this forum somewhere. I think it's great concept for market testing.

The Right It by Alberto Savoia.
This books sounds like it would be perfect in this early stage. What was your biggest and most valuable takeaway from it?

svekk1

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jul 9, 2022
This books sounds like it would be perfect in this early stage. What was your biggest and most valuable takeaway from it?
The importance and possibilities of market testing before investing too much time, money and effort in something that is not surely needed. Doing this by collecting your own data instead of using other people data. Data beats opinions!

Nothing too new or groundbraking but it helped understand the importance of it.

He also has a youtube channel with the same name of the book's title. Most concepts are covered but nut in such detail as in the book of course.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.