The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Re kindled fire

JJHemingway

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 29, 2023
An introduction to me, and why to why I am pursuing Fastlane

Let me start of by stating I've owned my business prior to reading MJ DeMarco's books. My business likely never would've made it without reading them. To give more context, a quick description of what my current business model works around is residential IT services and prior to finding MJ's work, I had unexcusable reasons for my lack of pursuit. Now then, back before I've read these books, I didn't have a strong reason why I should consider pursuing entrepreneurship. I'd describe a lot of my of my reasoning for that back then as something aligned with a "Scripted" mindset.

My first read from MJ was The Millionaire Fastlane . Guess where I this book caught my attention out of all places? Tiktok. A platform that at the time I, at the time, did not even think of finding this book. This unexpected occurrence lead to me reading a paragraph from the book, which then lead me to reading the entire book.

Reading this book helped me in many ways, one thing in particular was it surfaced a MAJOR concept I did not take enough consideration for. A change of perspective. This change in perspective didn't only just motivate me to continue business, but It also highlighted just how important the lack of information and the resistance to gaining new information effects and limited my mind. As I mentioned previously, I'd consider my mindset prior to reading MJ DeMarco's books as "Scripted". A factor that limited me a lot back then is that I'd purposely deny new information to protect my ego. Sometimes I didn't even notice this was happening! I realised just how stupid it was to continue my current path of non-entrepreneurship pursuits, it was incredibly stupid that all it took was reaching out for more information to realise that!

It's entrepreneurship from here on out. I may not know the exact future that leads to my goal of freedom, nor may I not know everything it takes to get there, but I no longer care how painful it feels to "Unscript". I'll learn what I must, learn what I must, and adapt how I must.

I hope I met some of you lovely folk along the way;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for sharing your story, glad you found the books helpful.

My business likely never would've made it without reading them. To give more context, a quick description of what my current business model works around is residential IT services and prior to finding MJ's work, I had unexcusable reasons for my lack of pursuit. Now then, back before I've read these books, I didn't have a strong reason why I should consider pursuing entrepreneurship. I'd describe a lot of my of my reasoning for that back then as something aligned with a "Scripted" mindset.

So did you tweak something recently?

JJHemingway

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 29, 2023
Thanks for sharing your story, glad you found the books helpful.

So did you tweak something recently?
There’s a lot that I’ve tweaked so far. One thing that comes to mind is Ive expanded the platforms for which I can communicate with customers and reach out to more of them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...