The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Unscripted and TMF changed my life

For any book discussion

adambowers1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jul 31, 2021
Birmingham Alabama
Funny thing is, I was at my new corporate desk job for a large company when I came across Unscripted . I scoured Audible in search of an entrepreneur book that spoke to me, but Unscripted gave me the rude awakening that I really needed... Upon listening at my cubicle, I began to realize I was in the rat race MJ was describing. Then it hit me. My life was scripted to a tee. A soul sucking corporate job, an expensive car with note that I really couldn't afford and all the other "luxuries" that only lead to a life of mediocrity. I looked up and gazed around the room and saw a maze of cubicles with emotionless drones disguised as people filling them, all hired to do the same job as me. I knew right then something had to change. That was not the life I wanted. That was my FTE.

I know I have a long way to go and will learn a lot along the way but since then, I have begun a painful and uncomfortable path to a new and better life. I left the corporate job (got fired), sold the expensive car and cut back other expenses not necessary to live. I got a job in a field I feel offers a great opportunity for entrepreneurship and gaining experience in preparation for the day I go out and work for myself. My point in sharing all of this: If I can make these changes, so can you. Your life is truly in your hands!!

In my crusade of education, I came across some great books. They have helped me, and I hope they can help you!
'Good to Great' - Jim Collins
'Beyond Entrepreneurship' - Jim Collins
'Entreleadership' - Dave Ramsey
'The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People' - Stephen Covey
'Marketing Made Simple' - Donald Miller

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome, glad u got value from the book.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 12, 2021
Great man and welcome ! Good luck!

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
Welcome, not many people reach the position you have:
Then it hit me. My life was scripted to a tee. A soul sucking corporate job, an expensive car with note that I really couldn't afford and all the other "luxuries" that only lead to a life of mediocrity. I looked up and gazed around the room and saw a maze of cubicles with emotionless drones disguised as people filling them, all hired to do the same job as me. I knew right then something had to change. That was not the life I wanted. That was my FTE.
Now time to do something about it.
Good luck, and all the best.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.